• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

totenhosen

Reaction score
Does anyone know which watch this is?

50-Cent1.jpg

NonServiam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
I am in fact wearing the same model today - a 165.024 from 1967 on a "MoD grey" NATO. But this one bears more scars, aging and patina than yours...
wink.gif

New build?

/M

I've seen yours, the patina is lovely
fistbump.gif

It is indeed a new build, straight outta WatchCo. Purists may not appreciate, but I enjoy it, all original but still like new.

NonServiam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
Nonserviam, you have an enviable collection. I've never seen a NATO strap like that before -- looks cool.
Thank you! The collection is starting to settle now, the beginner's mistakes and impulsive buys are weeded out and the remains are probably going to stay for quite a while. (Famous last words ...) I believe Singular has a braided strap in his webshop
teacha.gif

NonServiam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flanker2000fr
After a long phase of Panerai and JLC, I've been wearing a fair bit of Rolex vintage or transitional models, recently:

Great Oysters! The tritium on the GMT looks fab
smile.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flanker2000fr
After a long phase of Panerai and JLC, I've been wearing a fair bit of Rolex vintage or transitional models, recently:

Nice watches, but I can't help but notice that for the most part, they seem rather large for your wrists.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
my 3rd sinn.

itll arrive, when it rolls off production floor

433572d1304959085-656-le-656l.jpg

wow, not sure how i feel about a black on white 656 yet, but I think I like it....
devil.gif

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aged lume on those rolexes above is just
inlove.gif

anyone own the iwc mark xvi? i know it gets mixed reviews on here but it's really growing on me. i miss the simplicity of my 36mm explorer 1 (do not like the new version), and was thinking of picking up the iwc as a one-watch. any comments?

Singular

Reaction score
Mark XV/XVI is a superb onewatch - does it all, is tough enough for using everyday but is still discrete enough to not look completely out-of-place to more elegant/formal clothes (especially on a strap). In addition to this it is somewhat under the radar, but still recognizable for those who appreciate it.

I tend to favour the XV (due to the less ooooomphy dial/hands design), and I'd think that old British aviators would certainly agree that something is fishy with the latest incarnation of a IWC Mark bearing a German dial design...

/M

flanker2000fr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Nice watches, but I can't help but notice that for the most part, they seem rather large for your wrists.

Not really, it's very much the angle at which the pictures were taken that give this impression.

It's true I don't have a big wrist (6.5 inches), but the 40mm of these sports models fit just right.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
wow, not sure how i feel about a black on white 656 yet, but I think I like it....
devil.gif

its a bit different than their normal offerings for sure ! heres a night shot - the face is full lume

sinn656lgreen_632_general.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads