• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The Leffe is pretty decent stuff. Well-made, but kinda boring IMO.

I agree. Glad I tried it and able to add the bottle to my collection but probably wouldn't buy again.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Ugh, caved and picked up some bottles of Firestone Double Jack and Walker's Reserve
How much do those bottles cost? I asked the NYC beer distributor (one of them) about getting Firestone and he said "they have trouble receiving things from Firestone".
baldy[1].gif

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
This has become my go-to cheap beer. I don't know how expensive it is outside the midwest, but it's a great value. $5.79 for a 6 pack.
boulevard_pilsner1.5p6dq6gbpa0ww4wckks4k04gk.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JSC437
How much do those bottles cost? I asked the NYC beer distributor (one of them) about getting Firestone and he said "they have trouble receiving things from Firestone".
baldy[1].gif

$7.50 and $4.50 respectively (plus tax + crv). I usually can find Firestone at the grocery store...

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pscolari
Agree with BBC. They seem to have been around forever, but I feel like they have been picking up momentum in the past year. Not sure what it is related to as they haven't changed up their lineup too much. Maybe they are just expanding their distribution. Have you been to Meadhall in Kendall yet?
No but i've heard great things. I probably should check it out soon. BBC is always a favorite for a big bottle mainly because of the $3.99 tag. It's tough because there are so many new england breweries. Still need to get my ticket for the beer advocate beer fest thing though i think i have a basketball tournament that saturday morning

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cigar City night at my local spot. The guys from CC and Tequesta Brewing were there. Had the Jose Marti stout, White oak dry aged stout, Oatmeal raisin cookie, and Peach IPA. None were exceptional in any way.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Cigar City night at my local spot. The guys from CC and Tequesta Brewing were there. Had the Jose Marti stout, White oak dry aged stout, Oatmeal raisin cookie, and Peach IPA. None were exceptional in any way.

You are crazy! ORC is awesome and Marshal Zhukov RIS is one of the top-rated beers in the world. Not everything they make is amazing, but Maduro Brown, Guava Grove and all their barrel aged beers are phenomenal...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
ORC was the best of the bunch by far. I think it would have been better out of the bottle rather than on tap. They sold out of Zhukov before I got there. None of the others were really all that special.

I agree with the barrel aged recs except for Maduro. I think that one's overrated.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My haul for tonight:

2011-05-13-19-33-01-671.jpg

Starting with the El Mole Ocho...love the subtle chili spice on the finish!

2011-05-13-19-35-22-098.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now for the oak barrel aged Dragon's Milk

2011-05-13-21-51-47-662.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The haul for tonight:
2011-05-14-16-32-32-150.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Chile and beer? I'd be all over that!

It was an amazing beer! I will certainly buy more!

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drinking a little Left Hand Milk Stout...not bad for the price.

2011-05-14-17-07-16-372.jpg

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
It was an amazing beer! I will certainly buy more!
Have you had Rogue's Chipotle Ale? I see it all over the place but it always seemed such a weird combination I've never bothered buying it...and this coming from a guy with civet beer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads