The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. SD1

SD1 Senior member

You are crazy! ORC is awesome and Marshal Zhukov RIS is one of the top-rated beers in the world. Not everything they make is amazing, but Maduro Brown, Guava Grove and all their barrel aged beers are phenomenal...

I am lucky in that I drive by their Tasting Room every day from work- been going since they opened the brewery.

Yesterday they had Guava Grove on tap, and a small batch red ale that was excellent.

I really like their Bolita Brown ale, but they haven't done that one in a while.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Have you had Rogue's Chipotle Ale? I see it all over the place but it always seemed such a weird combination I've never bothered buying it...and this coming from a guy with civet beer
    Its not that great.

3. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Drinking a Firestone Double Jack. Finally found Firestone in NYC. Really good beer! I had a Nugget Nectar earlier and think that Double Jack tastes kind of similar (but less bitter and less hops).

4. Bond111

Bond111 Senior member

Drinking a little Left Hand Milk Stout...not bad for the price.

[​IMG]

I had a bottle of this stuff around a month and a half ago. I thought it was one of the better milk stouts I've come across. I gave a good friend of mine a bottle too, and he seemed to agree with me. I also tried the wake up dead in a bomber with that same friend, and again it was an enjoyable experience. Only things I've had from LHB.

Question for those who know, how would you compare New Belgium's Lips of Faith Le Follie to their Le Terror?

I shared a bomber of Le Follie with the same good friend of mine(we both have a love for beer, and was our first experience with a sour) I really liked it, even though it was completely different from most any beer I've had, and he didn't care for it much. He did manage to almost finish the whole glass.

5. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Welcome to the wonderful world of sours! La Folie is a very solid beer, but Le Terrior is so much better. I mean as far as styles they're completely different, but both are great gateway sours...

6. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Yep, it's like that and a Bulls win... [​IMG]

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Happy American Craft Beer Week!

Correction...Every week is American Craft Beer Week!

9. ama

ama Senior member

That jug is cool, is that from a release or sold separately to store stuff in?

10. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

That jug is cool, is that from a release or sold separately to store stuff in?
    That's a growler straight from Russian River and it was filled with Pliny the Elder. My friend brought it back with him from Cali and it was less than 3 days old... Oh and the check is going in the mail today, I'll send you tracking later...

11. ama

ama Senior member

That's a growler straight from Russian River and it was filled with Pliny the Elder. My friend brought it back with him from Cali and it was less than 3 days old...

Oh and the check is going in the mail today, I'll send you tracking later...

Sounds good, looking forward.

I've never seen a RR growler, they are cool. You like Elder more than Younger?

12. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Just kopped 7 bottles of Firestone Abacus, fuck you Brian for reminding me that I could find these [​IMG]

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Just kopped 7 bottles of Firestone Abacus, fuck you Brian for reminding me that I could find these [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Anybody know what the fuck is going on with Dogfish Head? The GM of my local alcohol superstore told me that they were pulling back from all states outside of a small radius around DE. All that was left on the shelf was Midas Touch and Palo Santo.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Tried out Oskar Blues Gubna tonight. I don't really see why this gets so much hype. [​IMG]