Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Beer Thread

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by DNW, Jul 20, 2007.

1. pscolari

pscolari Senior member

BBC (Berkshire Brewing Company) from Massachusetts makes some solid beers are are really affordable. Usually $3.99 for a 22oz bottle. I usually pick one up whenever i get a 6pack of something at the whole foods by me because they're all pretty enjoyable. They make a Coffee Porter made with coffee from another local Massachusetts roasted Deans Beans which is nice.

Definitely recommended to anyone in the northeast

Agree with BBC. They seem to have been around forever, but I feel like they have been picking up momentum in the past year. Not sure what it is related to as they haven't changed up their lineup too much. Maybe they are just expanding their distribution.

Have you been to Meadhall in Kendall yet?

2. YoroiChuu

YoroiChuu Senior member

Recently had some...

[​IMG]

3. ChicagoMediaMan

ChicagoMediaMan Senior member

Purchased this at Binny's over the weekend, but never got a chance to drink it. Anyone tried it?

[​IMG]

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Recently had some...
    [​IMG]

Cool sounding beer. How was it?
    Purchased this at Binny's over the weekend, but never got a chance to drink it. Anyone tried it?
    [​IMG]

I was asking about their shit last page. They just started being distributed down here. Report back once you've had it.

5. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Drank a Yeti stout tonight. Not bad. Not great.

I have a question about beer storage. I have one of those mini beer fridge things (approx 2 cubic feet - no freezer). I can fit more bottles in the fridge if I put the bottles sideways. Will storing the bottles sideways destroy the beer? I am storing mostly capped beer (various Founder's, etc..) and want to make sure I won't destroy the beer by storing it sideways. My apartment gets REALLY HOT during the summer and I purchased the little fridge to keep my beer from getting too hot.

6. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Had an Old Rasputin at Chicago Q with ChicagoRon last week. Beer was not my cup of tea.

7. ama

ama Senior member

I have a question about beer storage. I have one of those mini beer fridge things (approx 2 cubic feet - no freezer). I can fit more bottles in the fridge if I put the bottles sideways. Will storing the bottles sideways destroy the beer? I am storing mostly capped beer (various Founder's, etc..) and want to make sure I won't destroy the beer by storing it sideways. My apartment gets REALLY HOT during the summer and I purchased the little fridge to keep my beer from getting too hot.

http://www.brewbasement.com/featured...or-keep-em-up/

8. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

There are only two Yetis that you must drink: Barrel Aged Yeti (which is impossible to get outside of one day a year at the brewery in Colorado) or Chocolate Aged Yeti (it's oak aged with cocoa nibs)...

9. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

Recently had some...

[​IMG]

I just had the Whiskey Barrel Aged version of this two weeks ago and it was pretty damn amazing. It's almost summer, I think it's time to drop the stouts, old ales and barleywines and tip back the sours, IPAs and pale ales...

10. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

There are only two Yetis that you must drink: Barrel Aged Yeti (which is impossible to get outside of one day a year at the brewery in Colorado) or Chocolate Aged Yeti (it's oak aged with cocoa nibs)...

How about the Espresso Oak Aged?

[​IMG]

11. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

spreading the kuhnhenn barrel aged 4d love, one SFer at a time.

13. JSC437

JSC437 Senior member

Thanks! Will try to find the chocolate aged. I think they have at the Bowery Whole Foods.

14. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

How about the Espresso Oak Aged?

[​IMG]

Nope...I LOVE Barrel Aged Yeti and Chocolate is like boozy Mexican hot chocolate, but it's only sold in Indiana and not in Illinois for some reason. The other Yetis are blah...

15. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

spreading the kuhnhenn barrel aged 4d love, one SFer at a time.

Damn it! Why you blowing up my spot?! Wait until your getting more mead requests and wine requests from Kuhnhenn's, you've opened Pandora's box. Just remember who got you in the game, son...