• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just called yesterday to change my size to 8.5E from 9.5EE. Spoke to Kayla. She told me it is still 6-8 weeks but according to Steven/Stephen, they will go into production early May and should be ready by end of May for shipment. This is from the CEO himself when i had a convo last week.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wait until you forget you ordered them, you'll be pleasantly surprised on arrival
teacha.gif

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah true. The wait to beat them up is worthy.

RKD- I need to beat your ass up for the dope ass RRL chinos you have that was shown with the Swedish army belt! FARK!

reezy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84

RKD- I need to beat your ass up for the dope ass RRL chinos you have that was shown with the Swedish army belt! FARK!

Hey Onijo, what size do you wear usually? Did you measure your foot and leave it with dayton? I told them my measurements and I think I'm an 8.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chucks 9.5
Vans 10.5
Sperry 10.5
PS 9.5

I spoke to couple of members here who had the w+h ones and decided to get them in 8.5E. This was the size given to me based on my feet measurements. I realised taking 0.5 - 1 down from the chucks sizing to be pretty accurate. And kayla told me these do stretch alot overtime.

legendofthepanda

Reaction score
chucks 9.5
Vans 10.5
Sperry 10.5
PS 9.5

I spoke to couple of members here who had the w+h ones and decided to get them in 8.5E. This was the size given to me based on my feet measurements. I realised taking 1 or 1.5 down from the chucks sizing to be pretty accurate. And kayla told me these do stretch alot overtime.

I see you've sized down 2.5 sizes from your brannock measurement.

sigh, I guess I'll be making the call tomorrow to change my size from 9E to 7.5E

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screw the brannock reading. with that reading they sized me to 9.5EE. i rather go with chucks since they are pretty standard and their sizing is the same for both UK and US.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol yeah love those chinos! did you shoot blake an email? there might be a size left for you from one of the returns
smile.gif

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need a larger size than those. I will just wait up for the next shipment. And dude, DON"T post more pics of those RRLs!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol understood ... ill keep it to the blake x rrl thread
laugh.gif

i expect tons of pics of yours when you eventually grab a pair and these darn boots whenever they arrive!

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who sized down more than 1 from their Brannock is going to be sad. Very sad.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ +1.

i bet at least half of you guys sized wrong. i'll wait to swoop in on the b&s thread.

Crump's Brother

Reaction score
^eh, i sized a 10.5 on the brannock device

however, i wear a 9 in desert boots, red wing gt, and wolverine montgomery boots

when i ordered the guy asked me what size i wear and dress shoes and i said either 9 or 9.5 (depending) and he advised to size down a size

he said they fit a full size bigger than the boots i mentioned and suggested an 8 but i told him i would probably put an insole of some sort in and would wear thicker socks in the colder months and he said that would be enought volume to fit an 8.5 which i felt was the correct size based on what i've read in this thread

wish there were more ppl in the thread who can speak on the sizing w/ intelligence

ordered mine w/ topy and asked if they had flat fabric laces as well in case i don't like the leather laces

5-6 week wait now

legendofthepanda

Reaction score
When I called today, they suggested sizing down 1 from the brannock measurement. They'll be sending me an email for me to send in my measurements though, i'll see what they suggest from that.

EDIT: Crump, we measure the same for the red wings GT, so I guess I'll order an 8.5 as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads