What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Senior member

Dayton doesn't strike me as a terribly online company. If your CC has been charged just chill. Come to think of it, nobody post until you get your damn boots [​IMG]

2. neunelfer

neunelfer New Member

Unless you have pictures [​IMG]

3. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

This might be of help to some others who might want to order before the sale ends and are still confused over the sizing issue just like me. I found references made to Paul Smith boots when sizing w+h boots on few other threads and since I was out to get PS Cesar tdy, i thought i might just give a little info about how it turned out. I ended up fitting well(snug) on a uk8/us9/42 pair. 1/2 a size up would have been gd for a little toe room. uk9 caused some heel slip.

Meso, i was reading the PS thread and found that you fit a 9UK in Cesar. What size did you get for your Dayton? I was told a 9.5EE.

Brannock -11
    Vans 10.5
    Heel to toe -11inches
    Adidas/Nike - 11.5/11

4. neunelfer

neunelfer New Member

Is the general consensus that Red Wing Gentleman Traveler size = Dayton Service boot size?

5. meso

meso Senior member

Is the general consensus that Red Wing Gentleman Traveler size = Dayton Service boot size?

Dayton advised size down 1 from red wings.

6. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Considering many on this forum already size down 1/2 to 1 size for their GTs, I'm not sure if that's sound advice here. I'd say it's more accurate for some of the more true to size Red Wing models though. I wear my 1907s in my true dress shoe size of 11.5D and they fit pretty close to my 10.5D Dayton cap toe boots (can't say how those compare to the service boots though).

7. meso

meso Senior member

Considering many on this forum already size down 1/2 to 1 size for their GTs, I'm not sure if that's sound advice here. I'd say it's more accurate for some of the more true to size Red Wing models though. I wear my 1907s in my true dress shoe size of 11.5D and they fit pretty close to my 10.5D Dayton cap toe boots (can't say how those compare to the service boots though).

Just saying what Dayton themselves said.
    The math adds up, at least to my mind.
    Anyhow. I'll report back when they arrive.

8. legendofthepanda

legendofthepanda Well-Known Member

Dayton advised size down 1 from red wings.

wow so i have to go down 2 sizes from my brannock measurement? The sizing complications really worry me.

9. Ngredient

Ngredient Well-Known Member

wow so i have to go down 2 sizes from my brannock measurement? The sizing complications really worry me.

Call 'em. You got until tommorow afternoon or so until this offer is over.

10. reezy

reezy Senior member

I'm probably a natural size 9. I usually wear 41 42 for CPs. My foot length measures around 10.3 inches so they probably going to give me a 8. The people from dayton will take care of you if you just measure your foot. Just outline your foot and measure. Set!

Btw anyone know when to oil boots in general? Got the OK oil along with the boot.

11. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Btw anyone know when to oil boots in general? Got the OK oil along with the boot.

I'm wondering this myself, as I already had the brown W+H collab for a good few months now. I'm also really hesitant to oil it because I don't want to darken the leather.

12. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

I was a 11- brannock. The told me 9.5EE. Without brannock info with just the measurements they gave me 8.5EE.

13. click here

click here Senior member

Might be a dumb question...for those buying the charcoal nubuck version, are you going to apply anything on the boots to protect the leather?

14. rockdroll

rockdroll Member

15. irbe

irbe Senior member

Might be a dumb question...for those buying the charcoal nubuck version, are you going to apply anything on the boots to protect the leather?
    I am. But still going to abuse them somewhat