• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Interview:
as411.jpg

- collar could be tighter - a little lose currently - jacket needs some shaping, especially from the buttoning point downwards. looks like you are carrying a glock on each hip ... lol - pants could do with a little more hemming, or suspenders to hold them up - good luck on the interview man!!
Originally Posted by spoozy
Nice top half and nice bottom half Spoozy. The two though are not congruent. The jacket is one of your best fitting jackets you've posted and the pattern/color is great. The skinny jeans and suede off-white kicks are screams for a less casual jacket though. This would have looked great as the top half with gray slacks and mocha brown suede shoes or the lower half with a navy unstructured coat.

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman

Cheers, Ianiceman. Trousers are skinny as hell, but i do like ´em (probably don´t wear them as often as they deserve it). And back off from my hair, i just had it cut
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Funny thing, Dawg. Although it looks good in the pictures, it sometimes creates a massive collar gap...the fabric is nice, though, so i keep it
wink.gif

I sported this jacket with grey trou before and that really came off well. Mocha brown suede would have been a good choice too, admittedly.

I´m having a navy unstructured 3roll2 sc at my tailor at the moment...can´t wait for him to finish work!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This one isn't conservative business dress, but with a rare 85 degree day I had no intention of wearing socks.

IMAGE_052.jpg

ddaniel

Reaction score
Still quite new around here. Please excuse the crappy pics (and also the stains on the mirror, etc.
blush.gif
)
but I'd really like to hear your comments.

today.jpg

shoe.jpg

(pic almost unacceptable, but so you have an idea...)

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Was hoping this would be an improvement over my cameraphone restroom photography, but sadly, the fact that I've been wearing this thing all day isn't going to win me any beauty pageants. Anywho,
qUSyK.jpg
27CUW.jpg
Before anyone berates me again over the fit of the suit; I know, and I have more "flattering" suits on the way...
cloud.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I suspect both Nii and I are noticing the same thing, though we found different ways to describe it. Look at the lapels, and see how they bow outwards? That gives the jacket the illusion of falling off you. As Nii suggests, it's probably because the chest circumference on the jacket is too narrow for the rest of your build. Or, you just happened to be unconsciously puffing your chest out for the photo, which is not impossible, come to think of it.:

Are you saying that I'm flaunting my moobs?
sarcasm.gif

But seriously, I did look at the jacket when I got it home, and when buttoned, it did have a slight break, but, it also it seemed to be pulling away from my shirt collar a bit, which is very odd, as that's normally a sign that a jacket is too large, not too small. Another candidate for a visit to my tailor, or another donation to charity (I rather think the latter - the suit is in good condition, but the lapels are wider than is the norm these days, and I've never been entirely happy with either of the two suits I've gotten from Paul Stuart (the other one has long since gone)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads