• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crat
@ Fuji
Do you bench (more than) your body weight? You work out 2h a day don't you? Just ignore those kind of people although the 'fly machine breaker' sounds like he is quite a nuisance.

@DB
Not saying you shouldn't research, but there is a time for research and a time for training. At my gym there are guys who are there for 2h and easily spend more than half their time discussing everything they have read.

I get quite annoyed when other runners don't return my greeting. (And no, I don't expect runners who are obviously trying to set a new PR or are doing hiit to waste their energy....it just goes for those who will look at you and decide to ignore you)

Yeah, exactly body weight, I've only be doing 2 hours for about a month, before that it was about an hour. Tried to do back hyper extensions and I realised the machine is too short for me.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crat
Don't good mornings only work your (lower) back?

I get a lot of it in my hamstrings...

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gym shut down today to begin a 2 week overhaul of all the equipment, redoing flooring and new basketball/racketball courts. Cool I guess, but 2 weeks of driving 25 mins to another gym
plain.gif

And they wouldn't let me buy an old concept II, but I am excited for new concept II's, just in time for my cut.
smile.gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
My gym shut down today to begin a 2 week overhaul of all the equipment, redoing flooring and new basketball/racketball courts. Cool I guess, but 2 weeks of driving 25 mins to another gym
plain.gif

And they wouldn't let me buy an old concept II, but I am excited for new concept II's, just in time for my cut.
smile.gif

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Next closest gym blows. It's tiny, but in a really wealthy area and most of the people working out were either retired gomers of little rich kids.

Insert annoying old gomer. Taps me on the shoulder... I turn around and he says "come here", turns his back on me and tries to wave me over. I don't follow cause I don't know who hes talking to... then he says "come here friend". He points to the place where 35 lbs weights are to be racked and says "at my gym we rack weights correctly"... I tell him I must be blind and 'apologize' - I racked my weight correctly so I wasn't concerned. But annoyed that old man who does concentration curls for 30 mins thinks he owns the gym.

Paradox_SWE

Reaction score
Just to start with:

Gym is overrated according to my experience, no offence but as i have experienced it`s always waiting time in order to get on with training.

Great advise to train i all weather condition: buy 2 pair of running shoes, one with usual soule and other for winter conditions so you have no excuse not be outside!

Another great thing to do is jus exercise with your own body weight, i mean if you can perform some basic exercise with 80-90 kg that will improve not only your cardio but will also strenght your muscles in a certain way.

Otherwise go for Crossfit if you do want to sweat a bit!
smile.gif

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can perform a number of exercises w/ 80-90 kg, what the **** does that have to do with my bodyweight
laugh.gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Paradox_SWE
Just to start with:

Gym is overrated according to my experience, no offence but as i have experienced it`s always waiting time in order to get on with training.

Great advise to train i all weather condition: buy 2 pair of running shoes, one with usual soule and other for winter conditions so you have no excuse not be outside!

Another great thing to do is jus exercise with your own body weight, i mean if you can perform some basic exercise with 80-90 kg that will improve not only your cardio but will also strenght your muscles in a certain way.

smile.gif

WTF?!

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 pretty small guys came into gym and occupied the only power cage in my gym. They racked 140kg onto the bar, put on belts, knee straps and gloves and had the other guy spot them, they were also using a box. I've seen people do quarter squats, but they were literally just unlocking their knees and then relocking them. What the **** is the point of the box if your not gonna go low enough to sit on it. For their last set they dropped it to 60kg and still could not even reach parallel and they still used straps and belts. They were talking about doing competitions too, if you can't squat 60kg for a full rep your not doing any competitions.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Paradox_SWE
Just to start with:

smile.gif

cool_story-brah.jpg

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
cool_story-brah.jpg

+1
biggrin.gif

The body fat % measuring device (or whatever you call it) at my gym has been broken for half a year and they are too lazy to fix it....no numbers to track my progress
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads