• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theres a group of 4-5 17-18 year old kids who comes into my gym sometimes and it appears that the only thing they do is 1 arm decline DB press. At the end of my lift I'm trying to get some weighted decline situps in. **** those guys.

This didn't piss me off, cause I was already done with the squat rack, but some guy had fixed the bar really low and put his feet up on it and was doing pushups on the ends of dumbells. Like the dumbells were standing vertically and he had his hands on top of them?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
theres a group of 4-5 17-18 year old kids who comes into my gym sometimes and it appears that the only thing they do is 1 arm decline DB press. At the end of my lift I'm trying to get some weighted decline situps in. **** those guys.

This didn't piss me off, cause I was already done with the squat rack, but some guy had fixed the bar really low and put his feet up on it and was doing pushups on the ends of dumbells. Like the dumbells were standing vertically and he had his hands on top of them?

God. problem is all those guys, especially the guy doing the dumb dick pushups, thought they were total badasses.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only thing worse than people curling in the rack is fat guys doing wrist curls in the rack.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One thing I'm happy about... I've seen more people (legitimately) squat at my new gym in 2 weeks than I did in a year at my old gym

At the old gym the most fit trainer tried to change my whole routine... this new gym the most fit trainer wants to link to do weighted body exercises

All for 1/3 the cost

Good ****

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
...but some guy had fixed the bar really low and put his feet up on it and was doing pushups on the ends of dumbells. Like the dumbells were standing vertically and he had his hands on top of them?

What's the point of going through the trouble of putting his feet up on the bar and then raising his hands up and defeating the whole purpose? I mean, you might as well stay on the ground. On seconds thoughts, no need to answer - dumbassery needs no explanation...

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some dickhead give me tonnes of unsolicited advice. He told me to stop training until I was 21, that it was useless for me to train without a protein shake, that my form was bad on my overhead press and I needed to drop the weight. That might have made sense if I was going for my 1 rep max or something, but I was doing warm up sets with 16kg dumbbell. Also that because of how big the triceps are you should train them everyday. I might have considered taking his advice, but he was very overweight, screamed during every rep and benched 110lb.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some keyboard jockey who spends all his time reading about fitness instead of doing something. We get those too in my gym....

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He was probably about 30 and said he's been training since he was 18. In 12 years of training I would hope to bench more then half body weight. He goes with this really annoying african guy who does half ROM EZ bar curls for an hour and then goes on the chest fly machine and breaks it every ******* time. I don't know how he does it, but he gets the cables to fall off the wheel they turn around.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Average people who don't research this stuff on the internet are just literally decades behind the information curve.

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Fuji
Do you bench (more than) your body weight? You work out 2h a day don't you? Just ignore those kind of people although the 'fly machine breaker' sounds like he is quite a nuisance.

@DB
Not saying you shouldn't research, but there is a time for research and a time for training. At my gym there are guys who are there for 2h and easily spend more than half their time discussing everything they have read.

I get quite annoyed when other runners don't return my greeting. (And no, I don't expect runners who are obviously trying to set a new PR or are doing hiit to waste their energy....it just goes for those who will look at you and decide to ignore you)

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Average people who don't research this stuff on the internet are just literally decades behind the information curve.

+1. This is a topic that my wife and I often discuss. What the hell did we do before the interwebz came along? Get all your information from a book (the horror!) of questionable vintage, or word of mouth (of questionable quality). There's really no excuse for broscience in today's world.

Oasis

Reaction score
The inevitable fat gain with a bulk is pissing off atm.
uhoh.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Squats and good mornings are finally starting to show results... and now the thighs of my denimz are getting too tight.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads