• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

accopy

Reaction score
hahaHAHA. you have two holes in your body that food can come out of..u said no throwing up...and the other one wont be of any help haha..you just need to run walk w/e

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrH
The bioimpedance stuff is sketchy at best.

I know, an indication is all I want. I try to keep the deviation as small as possible by always taking measurements in the morening before eating/drinking anything.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw SvB in WAYWT in a navy suit from H&M. Figured if I wanted that I had best go quick cause the bottoms all disappear and then the tops are worthless.

I tried on two pairs of 32's which I could not button. Significantly could not button. Far as I know, I measure 33 where they were sitting, but I guess I have to remeasure now.

Anyway, the legs were too small for me far as trousers go. Three years ago, I wore a size 29. As all the 33's were sold out, I tried on two pairs of 34's which were so large I could slide them off my body. So the size difference between 32 and 34 is probably 4+ inches, which makes no sense to me.

I was trying on jackets at the same time and I started with a 36. I thought I might be a 38 after two years of working out, but from what I've heard one doesn't increase their clothing size up top very often.

I put on the 36 and I cannot touch my collar due to constriction at the bicep and lats. I also can't touch my hands together in front of me in a "seal clap". The shoulder pads were way too big, too, and they floated above my shoulders for some reason.

The obvious solution is to try on a 38. I put it on and I still cannot touch my collar. The bicep and lats are still too tight. My GF says, "Why can't you touch your collar?" and I let her feel my arm when I try (splitting the jacket at the bicep) and she's like "o hah hah". The funny thing is, the shoulder pads are still FLOATING over my shoulders, but they are also too big (s2s maybe 19" which I just am not, I'm 18" at best, probably still 17").

I think what's going on here is the same thing that is making me sell my moto.

GF (fiance) says, "Your are built too weird for that suit."

I also try on a shirt in M and it's too big but my S shirts at home are now too small.

I will write an ode to H&M mourning its loss.

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Major juicehead at the gym today was doing dumbbell chest presses. I was waiting for him to finish so I could use the bench. He asks me if I want to work in and I say yes. As he gets up, I see blood all over the bench.

While doing his presses, he must have popped these GIANT pimples/boils on his back. He did not have the decency to clean the bench because he was so busy making faces while doing bodybuilding poses in the mirro

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crat
+1
biggrin.gif

The body fat % measuring device (or whatever you call it) at my gym has been broken for half a year and they are too lazy to fix it....no numbers to track my progress
confused.gif

U can use a body weight scale

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
he gets up, I see blood all over the bench.

While doing his presses, he must have popped these GIANT pimples/boils on his back.

that **** is pretty gross man

3frame-puke.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
People wear vibrum five fingers outside of the gym.
I hear they are good for running. Looking like a sane member of human society ehhhhhhhhh not so much

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lowballing phaggots who troll FS threads.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The assault deep squatting is inflicting on my quads. Not even deep, really, just legitimately horizontal. I'd been squatting wrong for years

Also, people doing stupid, pointless exercises. IMO anyway. Dancing, burpee like movements... just lift some god damn weights or hit a treadmill. I mean I guess working out has to be fun, but honestly I can't see what you are looking to gain by crab walking across the main thoroughfare of the free weight room. Seriously???

Also like I mentioned in the personal trainer threads... personal trainers and trainees who engage in, IMO, excessive physical contact. Dude does not need to have his hands on homegirls hips, thighs, and ass for every exercise she does. Is it a gym or the set of Real Sex 29????

Transcendental

Reaction score
I lost about 30 pounds. as an indirect result, lost about 40 on my max squat. No biggie, except now when I'm trying to increase my oly lifts. Incidentally, I'm feeling weaker (which I am I suppose). Also, especially pissed off now that my goals are focused on the Oly lifts, as I have no coach available to me.

God damnit.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude hocking a loogie about a dozen times in the gym shower, every one of them mega productive. I wear flip flops in the shower but still, damn.. couldn't you do it in the sink or the urinal or something?
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads