• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off - Health & Body edition

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terrible "Oosh oosh oosh music" blaring all over the place. Couldn't there be a compromise? The Jimi Hendrix Experience would be awesome at the gym.

"And the wind...cries..."

"And up and one-two!"

"Mary"

stever

Reaction score
i'll take some doof over commercial radio any day

**** lifting to 5 minute ad intervals and a bunch of bullshit talkback

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Also, people doing stupid, pointless exercises. IMO anyway. Dancing, burpee like movements... just lift some god damn weights or hit a treadmill. I mean I guess working out has to be fun, but honestly I can't see what you are looking to gain by crab walking across the main thoroughfare of the free weight room. Seriously???

Is your problem with doing them or doing them in the weight room? I agree with the latter, but the former I don't.

Been mixing that insanity program into my workout and I love it. Some of the moves are corny, but ****...you walk away from that thing dripping with sweat and loving life. I don't hate treadmills like most people, but I'd MUCH rather do 30 minutes of intense interval moves than an hour on the treadmill.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw dude doing 1/4 ROM weighted pullups. Arms barely went past 90 degrees on the way down.
ffffuuuu.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stever
i'll take some doof over commercial radio any day

**** lifting to 5 minute ad intervals and a bunch of bullshit talkback

wtf was that? thats some of the worst shirt ive heard in my life!

stever

Reaction score
i'm not endorsing it by any means, it's just a lesser evil that seems to be popular at my gym
ffffuuuu.gif

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Is your problem with doing them or doing them in the weight room? I agree with the latter, but the former I don't.

Been mixing that insanity program into my workout and I love it. Some of the moves are corny, but ****...you walk away from that thing dripping with sweat and loving life. I don't hate treadmills like most people, but I'd MUCH rather do 30 minutes of intense interval moves than an hour on the treadmill.

There's not much room to do stuff in the gym besides use the equipment, but I don't even mind that TBH. To me, if you want to really get fit, you have to really exert yourself... either by moving as much weight as you can, or by doing cardio at a level of exertion that puts you at a high heart rate. Crabwalking in 30 second intervals w/ 90 second rests does neither if u are moderately fit (which the dude in question was) Prob just a meaningless pet peeve of mine... I just... can't reconcile people either taking the wrong path to fitness goals or having no goals at all.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa

I think part of this is that its usually skinny bitches with their noses turned up high because they know "THE SECRET" to getting fit, and its that said ridiculous move.

stever

Reaction score
get to the gym, ready for the last workout before the long weekend...

CLOSED THURSDAY AFTERNOON
SEE YOU AGAIN WEDNESDAY

guess i'm going jogging
plain.gif

Fuzzypuppy

Reaction score
I'm walking through the corridor between the lockers and the showers to wash my hands after my workout. The gym has mirrors and personal stations along the sides, and as I walk past a 50+ year old dude, he unleashes a spray of cologne that soaks me in his awful perfume.

Dude, seriously?

No, seriously.

Seriously.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You better hope cologne was all that was judging from some of the creepy old men I've seen in locker rooms.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuzzypuppy
I'm walking through the corridor between the lockers and the showers to wash my hands after my workout. The gym has mirrors and personal stations along the sides, and as I walk past a 50+ year old dude, he unleashes a spray of cologne that soaks me in his awful perfume.

Dude, seriously?

No, seriously.

Seriously.

Marking his territory "Nite nite... keey ya [...] tite!" -Tron

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I won't pay or take the time to go to a gym so I'm just working out at home with minimal equipment (mat, 25lbs dumbells, chinup bar and those rotating hand held things for pushups).

I'm running out of ideas for exercises, you guys got any?

(so far I do various crunches, pushups, chinups, then bicep curls and tricep lifts behind the head, and then squats and calf raises on a stair)

wizzeak

Reaction score
^dips? find a playground, use 2 identical chairs, use an old mans walker,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads