• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my bottle of Amouage Jubilation XXV and chanel sycomore today from CologneReview.

Sadly, almost half of the sycomore had leaked out of the atomizer.. I opened the cap and a good 1-2 ml just gushed out. The ziploc bag it was in was covered in juice inside. But it wasn't an expensive split so I'm willing to let it slide.

That being said, I suggest you tape your atomizers, CologneReview!!

CologneReview

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
Got my bottle of Amouage Jubilation XXV and chanel sycomore today from CologneReview.

Sadly, almost half of the sycomore had leaked out of the atomizer.. I opened the cap and a good 1-2 ml just gushed out. The ziploc bag it was in was covered in juice inside. But it wasn't an expensive split so I'm willing to let it slide.

That being said, I suggest you tape your atomizers, CologneReview!!

This is the first I've had anyone have any issues with leaks. What exactly happened? Where would you suggest taping? If you'd like a partial refund please PM me. I thought I was taking all necessary precautions with packing and I apologize. Again please PM me.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bandrus1
Got the Kniz in the mail today.... good stuff everybody
biggrin.gif

Yay!
Got my bottle of Amouage Jubilation XXV and chanel sycomore today from CologneReview. Sadly, almost half of the sycomore had leaked out of the atomizer.. I opened the cap and a good 1-2 ml just gushed out. The ziploc bag it was in was covered in juice inside. But it wasn't an expensive split so I'm willing to let it slide. That being said, I suggest you tape your atomizers, CologneReview!!
Sorry to hear about the atomizer. Sadly, these accidents sometimes happen. There's a reason I tape the **** out of the atomizers. I had more than one break on me in a previous life. I'm sure CR will take care of you.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
This is the first I've had anyone have any issues with leaks. What exactly happened? Where would you suggest taping? If you'd like a partial refund please PM me. I thought I was taking all necessary precautions with packing and I apologize. Again please PM me.
I'm not exactly sure where the leak occurred, but it's really not your fault. I know you took the precautions for the bottle to not get damaged, so I guess it was just the luck of the straw with that particular atomizer. All I remember is seeing the inner portion of the ziplock bag covered in juice. So I took out the atomizer to rinse it off and when I pulled off the cap under the sink, a good amount of juice spilled out. So I'm guessing the leak came from the sprayer portion under the cap. In that case, I guess no amount of tape would have prevented any leaking, so I actually apologize for suggesting it haha. There's just a little juice above the halfway mark on the bottle left. On the other hand, I'm extremely pleased with the Jub XXV. Such a wonderful cologne! When my mom took a whiff of it, she said it smelled extremely luxurious (and she has no idea what brand Amouage is).

CologneReview

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure where the leak occurred, but it's really not your fault. I know you took the precautions for the bottle to not get damaged, so I guess it was just the luck of the straw with that particular atomizer.

All I remember is seeing the inner portion of the ziplock bag covered in juice. So I took out the atomizer to rinse it off and when I pulled off the cap under the sink, a good amount of juice spilled out. So I'm guessing the leak came from the sprayer portion under the cap. In that case, I guess no amount of tape would have prevented any leaking, so I actually apologize for suggesting it haha.

There's just a little juice above the halfway mark on the bottle left.

On the other hand, I'm extremely pleased with the Jub XXV. Such a wonderful cologne! When my mom took a whiff of it, she said it smelled extremely luxurious (and she has no idea what brand Amouage is).

I apologize again for the leak, I don't have anymore juice to offer but will give a partial refund if you'd like. Just PM me if you'd like. Did the XXV arrive ok? I have to agree it is some amazing stuff. That was my first experience with Amouage and was very impressed.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Anyone interested in splitting Fat Electrician? 50ml split 4 ways would be $20 for 12ml plus atomizer and shipping, so something like $26. Or split it two ways, $46 for 25ml.

CologneReview

Reaction score
I've spoken to a few people about shipping and how to prevent the leaks. With the pressure changes when a package is in the air it can cause leaks through the actual seal. To prevent this you can apparently put plumbers tape ON the actual threads of the bottle. I will be doing this from now on and hopefully prevent any future issues.

Just wanted to remind everyone I have 30mL of New Haarlem at this time.

Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
bond-new-haarlem.jpg

The scent opens with a rich, dark, and creamy blast of coffee, vanilla and cedar. As the scent relaxes on the skin, a slightly herbal and powdery, albeit very faint, lavender note begins to surface, and that's pretty much the entire story. Not as heavy or cloying as it might sound, the scent actually dries down with a very subtle sillage.

$20.50\t5mL
$31.00\t10 mL
$41.50\t15 mL
$73.00\t30 mL

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Still have those three 10ml splits of Knize Ten if anybody is interested. The previous participants are dicking around and I would prefer to offload them and finish this split up so we can move on to the next.

loveswatching

Reaction score
I am still waiting on Knize and Sycamore to come through which should be today (hopefully) meanwhile another member here was kind enough to hook me up with a 20ml of Le Labo Rose so this will be a pretty fragrant week for me...

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Only need one more spot filled for Fat Electrician. If you like vetiver or Sycomore, you will like this:

One of the most appealing scents I’ve tried from the Etat Libre d’Orange line, Fat Electricial is essentially an elegantly balanced two-part structure of incense and vetiver – superbly ironic, given the name. Though dry and even somewhat astringent in its opening, Fat Electrician slowly reveals a velvet-soft, sweet vanillic grace note that plays up the nutty and earthy facets of its vetiver.

Ironically again, Fat Electrician’s sillage and projection are both relatively understated. After an hour or two’s wear the scent settles into an extended drydown of relatively straightforward warm vetiver. While it’s hardly revolutionary, it is very well-executed, wearable, and attractive. A good vetiver to add to the growing stable that includes Sycomore, Givenchy Vetyver, Encre Noire, VÃ
00a9.png
tiver Extraordinaire, and Etro’s Vetiver.
$26 complete for 12ml.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Come on guys. If you're going to post up splits please make a post similar to what I outlined in the OP. Also, this way I can link your split in the OP. If you do post a split, let me know and I'll do my best to get it up ASAP.

There is one 10ml of Knize 10 left if anyone is interested. One of the buyers came through for his 2 splits.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else interested in a Rose 31 split?

Originally Posted by loveswatching
Le Labo Rose 31 Bottle

500Ml = $ 650

$650 / 10 = $65 plus atomizer plus shipping plus any cost the host wishes to charge for this service.

CologneReview

Reaction score
To those involved in the split of Amouage Reflection for Men or Bond No 9. New Haarlem please send your payments in ASAP. If you did not receive and invoice please PM me asap.

If anyone is interested in Creed Aventus I have some extra shares.

$31.00\t10mL
$39.00\t15mL
$63.00\t30mL
$111.00\t60mL

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads