• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't care very much for sofaking9000's cynical disposition; brings the forum's spirits down, in my opinion. Just sayin'.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mods,

I just read a funny post in the FNB thread about the global ignore feature.

First question. Does this feature really exist? Second, is it often invoked?

Very funny if true.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
Mods,

I just read a funny post in the FNB thread about the global ignore feature.

First question. Does this feature really exist? Second, is it often invoked?

Very funny if true.

True story.

Originally Posted by Matt
Yes, there is Global Ignore, and the one time it was deployed was a forum high point. Inspirational J-Modding.

Originally Posted by Matt
you never heard that one? It was brilliant.

Shooman had been banned, kept coming back with new IDs, got IP banned, come back with a new ID behind a proxy etc.

So, Our Beloved Leader stuck him on Global Ignore. It lasted for a couple of months. He was posting away happily, blissfully unaware that not a soul could read anything he was posting other than himself and the mods. He seriously clocked up something like 300 posts like that. Never even occurred to him that not a single question had been answered, joke had been laughed at nor comment commented upon.

It was beautiful.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Per pictures and the internet: Just assume that everything you ever post will be seen by the person you least want to see it and that all images and words will hang around forever and will be forever out of your control.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any idea why my thread subscriptions have stopped working? Following 4 threads with instant email notification, but now no alerts. Unsubscribing then resubscribing doesn't help.

lefty

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Any idea why my thread subscriptions have stopped working? Following 4 threads with instant email notification, but now no alerts. Unsubscribing then resubscribing doesn't help.

lefty

Another strike against San Francisco, the stupid internet doesn't even work right.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can we PLEASE make it a rule for sellers to list sizes in thread titles? I can understand not being able to do it if you are selling a bunch of different stuff, but when there is only a few items for sale there is no reason not to. It’s annoying as hell to have to click threads to see shoe and clothe sizes when they could have easily put them in the subject line. It’s honestly one of the most infuriating things about B/S.
ffffuuuu.gif

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
Another strike against San Francisco, the stupid internet doesn't even work right.
Yesterday I tried to buy a single hotdog bun from a street vendor. I had to turn into Jack Nicholson from Five Easy Pieces. lefty

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Can we PLEASE make it a rule for sellers to list sizes in thread titles? I can understand not being able to do it if you are selling a bunch of different stuff, but when there is only a few items for sale there is no reason not to. It's annoying as hell to have to click threads to see shoe and clothe sizes when they could have easily put them in the subject line. It's honestly one of the most infuriating things about B/S.
ffffuuuu.gif

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=5452

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
"When it's done", aiming for sometime Q2 this year. Probably at least a couple months from now.

You always have the right to request removal of images you own the rights to, and we will of course honor those requests.

Originally Posted by j
I think users will be able to delete their own posted pics, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Probably shouldn't say much more until I am clear on how the system will function.

We obviously don't want to discourage people from posting pics - hopefully this will encourage people posting things as the system will be much better and easier than it currently is for most people. I will get more info and clarify. Don't freak out yet!

To reiterate what J has already posted, we don't have any motivation to keep people from controlling their own content, especially images, or doing anything that deters people posting good content. Our concern is to not to be subject to the whims of external hosting services over which we have no control - the consequences of which have been shown here with the imageshack situation.

Again to reiterate J.'s point, re. access privileges vs a request, it really depends on what the engineers working on the new system (for which we've already requested a lot of additions, which they are contractually obligated to make) can do, and the timeline on which they can do it. The good thing about working with a a smaller company is that they are really responsive. The bad thing is that they don't have the resources of a company like the larger image hosting companies.

Cheers,

Fok

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Anyone who is interested in writing this script for us, please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Cheers,

Fok.

Originally Posted by j
The field (which is called 'pagetext' in the 'post' table) pretty much looks just like what you see when you quote a post, with BB codes etc.

The e-mail, I sent it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads