Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Wild guess: all those 2 post members saying the inane "pm sent" gives the appearance of impropriety. Fortunately, the mods can do an IP check, if they really feel like it.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Wild guess: all those 2 post members saying the inane "pm sent" gives the appearance of impropriety. Fortunately, the mods can do an IP check, if they really feel like it.

No, its probably the multiple sales threads when they could have been consolidated into one.

3. unjung

unjung Senior member

Not really fair when there are 4,400 views. Gotta assume some stupid newbs come along to alert you they've sent a fucking PM that you'll receive an email and/or popup about anyway.

No, its probably the multiple sales threads when they could have been consolidated into one.

I dunno... for sure the AE thread should be separate.

4. onix

onix Senior member

Things look legit. But for a thread that big, it's probably a good idea to have it pinned.

5. unjung

unjung Senior member

6. onix

onix Senior member

7. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

No.

But here is my hypothesis: there are many stingy members who spend quite a lot of time policing around (I don't know why). They report threads that do not fit their eyes, even though there maybe no apparent violation. Big threads with a lot of bumps from newbs are often targeted (since they get a lot of front page time). When there are many reports on the same thread, a mod may accidentally lock it without looking too close into the matter (they're busy). That's why I said that with a big thread and potentially high profit, it's a good idea to have it pinned - $50 to buy all the complication.

Yep, there are many not-so-nice people in B&S.

Thanks onix. SO how would i go from here? Open a new thread? Or wait for mods to reopen my old one? PM the mods? Let me know. Thanks for all the help!

8. onix

onix Senior member

Thanks onix. SO how would i go from here? Open a new thread? Or wait for mods to reopen my old one? PM the mods? Let me know. Thanks for all the help!

Email them ([email protected]), they would unlock your current thread, then pin it.

9. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

Email them ([email protected]), they would unlock your current thread, then pin it.

ONIX! you're the man. Do they ever respond (serious, not sarcastic)?

10. onix

onix Senior member

ONIX! you're the man. Do they ever respond (serious, not sarcastic)?

Mods/Admins here are quite responsive.