Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I don't care very much for sofaking9000's cynical disposition; brings the forum's spirits down, in my opinion. Just sayin'.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

For how long is Fuuma in the hole? The CE needs him. Think about the children!

No, nobody in the world has ever needed him.

3. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Mods,

I just read a funny post in the FNB thread about the global ignore feature.

First question. Does this feature really exist? Second, is it often invoked?

Very funny if true.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Mods,

I just read a funny post in the FNB thread about the global ignore feature.

First question. Does this feature really exist? Second, is it often invoked?

Very funny if true.

True story.

Yes, there is Global Ignore, and the one time it was deployed was a forum high point. Inspirational J-Modding.

you never heard that one? It was brilliant.

Shooman had been banned, kept coming back with new IDs, got IP banned, come back with a new ID behind a proxy etc.

So, Our Beloved Leader stuck him on Global Ignore. It lasted for a couple of months. He was posting away happily, blissfully unaware that not a soul could read anything he was posting other than himself and the mods. He seriously clocked up something like 300 posts like that. Never even occurred to him that not a single question had been answered, joke had been laughed at nor comment commented upon.

It was beautiful.

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Per pictures and the internet: Just assume that everything you ever post will be seen by the person you least want to see it and that all images and words will hang around forever and will be forever out of your control.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

what happened to the bully thread?

EDIT: nvm apparently got downgraded to CE.

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

Any idea why my thread subscriptions have stopped working? Following 4 threads with instant email notification, but now no alerts. Unsubscribing then resubscribing doesn't help.

lefty

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Any idea why my thread subscriptions have stopped working? Following 4 threads with instant email notification, but now no alerts. Unsubscribing then resubscribing doesn't help.

lefty

Another strike against San Francisco, the stupid internet doesn't even work right.

9. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Can we PLEASE make it a rule for sellers to list sizes in thread titles? I can understand not being able to do it if you are selling a bunch of different stuff, but when there is only a few items for sale there is no reason not to. It’s annoying as hell to have to click threads to see shoe and clothe sizes when they could have easily put them in the subject line. It’s honestly one of the most infuriating things about B/S. [​IMG]

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

Another strike against San Francisco, the stupid internet doesn't even work right.
    Yesterday I tried to buy a single hotdog bun from a street vendor. I had to turn into Jack Nicholson from Five Easy Pieces. lefty

11. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Can we PLEASE make it a rule for sellers to list sizes in thread titles? I can understand not being able to do it if you are selling a bunch of different stuff, but when there is only a few items for sale there is no reason not to. It's annoying as hell to have to click threads to see shoe and clothe sizes when they could have easily put them in the subject line. It's honestly one of the most infuriating things about B/S. [​IMG]

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=5452

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

"When it's done", aiming for sometime Q2 this year. Probably at least a couple months from now.

You always have the right to request removal of images you own the rights to, and we will of course honor those requests.

I think users will be able to delete their own posted pics, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Probably shouldn't say much more until I am clear on how the system will function.

We obviously don't want to discourage people from posting pics - hopefully this will encourage people posting things as the system will be much better and easier than it currently is for most people. I will get more info and clarify. Don't freak out yet!

To reiterate what J has already posted, we don't have any motivation to keep people from controlling their own content, especially images, or doing anything that deters people posting good content. Our concern is to not to be subject to the whims of external hosting services over which we have no control - the consequences of which have been shown here with the imageshack situation.

Again to reiterate J.'s point, re. access privileges vs a request, it really depends on what the engineers working on the new system (for which we've already requested a lot of additions, which they are contractually obligated to make) can do, and the timeline on which they can do it. The good thing about working with a a smaller company is that they are really responsive. The bad thing is that they don't have the resources of a company like the larger image hosting companies.

Cheers,

Fok

14. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

Thanks Fok.

+1 for access privileges.

15. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member