Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

OK thats good. I emailed them. Hopefully they'll unlock my thread soon. Thanks for all your help!

I hope so.

I foresee my paychecks going to you.

Strawfuts, Player, 5th Ave....................

2. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Random Question time:
    Why are some threads "squirelled" as opposed to deleted?

Is it for the mod reading pleasure, or to keep a record of them?

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Mods, I have (had?) a thread that was locked and i dont know why. NO I did NOT bump my own thread. Can you help me understand why? Threads here
    Wild guess: all those 2 post members saying the inane "pm sent" gives the appearance of impropriety. Fortunately, the mods can do an IP check, if they really feel like it.
    This. That many 'PM Sent' messages makes us think a seller is probably trying to game the system by having buyers bump the thread. I have never seen so many PM Sent messages in a row in one thread ever. Did you ask them to post that?
    Random Question time: Why are some threads "squirelled" as opposed to deleted? Is it for the mod reading pleasure, or to keep a record of them?
    Both. And occasionally someone will pay us or donate to charity to un-squirrel a thread.

4. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

This. That many 'PM Sent' messages makes us think a seller is probably trying to game the system by having buyers bump the thread. I have never seen so many PM Sent messages in a row in one thread ever. Did you ask them to post that?

Both. And occasionally someone will pay us or donate to charity to un-squirrel a thread.

id pay to have the penis wallet thread back[​IMG]

5. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Senior member

+1000

That had me laughing for days. It was therapeutic.

6. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

so i told the people who already messaged me to send post a message on the thread when they paid because i kept mixing up who's order was whose

In all fairness, this is grounds for B&S forum-banning

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I am willing to pay to get it pinned now that i realize my mistake; why ban me?

Why does a dog lick his balls?

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I am willing to pay to get it pinned now that i realize my mistake; why ban me?
    I'm not calling for your banning but you broke the rules and asked people to bump your thread up. The explanation for it is weak and makes no sense whatsoever, but since you're willing to give the forum money, it can easily be redeemed. I'm all for people giving the forum money.

10. allaboutshoes

Why does a dog lick his balls?

Im not exactly sure, but i also wish my PM was bigger then 500 messages. I also didnt know that a regular member can have a thread pinned; i thought it was only for mods and like charity threads (like the one TRINI has up now). If i did, i would have pinned it from the beginning

11. allaboutshoes

I'm not calling for your banning but you broke the rules and asked people to bump your thread up. The explanation for it is weak and makes no sense whatsoever, but since you're willing to give the forum money, it can easily be redeemed. I'm all for people giving the forum money.

Im willing to give the forum money. I didnt even intend to bump my thread. AI just wanted to keep getting messages. If the SF and mods can forgive me, ill send the money to have the thread pinned (is there a link to where i can see how to get it pinned/where to send the money?).

12. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Im not exactly sure, but i also wish my PM was bigger then 500 messages. I also didnt know that a regular member can have a thread pinned; i thought it was only for mods and like charity threads (like the one TRINI has up now). If i did, i would have pinned it from the beginning

Granted it's not in the rules link, but it is something you see on every page inside b&s:

http://www.styleforum.net/announcement.php?f=20&a=17

Next time look a little more carefully.