• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Y/N: men wearing headbands (for athletics)

allanb10

Reaction score
BSTRACT: I'm a guy who sweats during sports and needs a solution, can I & how do I wear a headband?

FULL: I am a guy, when I work out or play tennis, I start to sweat quite a bit (I'm not fat, its just how it happens). I tried wearing hats forward and backward but it doesn't do anything but keep the sweaty hair out of my eyes and make me sweat even more. So I just bought a nike swoosh athletic headband.
http://www.lacrosse.com/Images/Catal.../123001.WB.jpg

Now that I have it I am not sure how to, or if I can wear it. A lot of people outside of this forum are saying it is a very feminin, emo look, but I figure if it is for sports it might be different. The other issue is I have medium length hair, so it is tough. My hair is about like this, maybe a little shorter:
http://www.celebrific.com/wp-content...on-In-Suit.jpg

Now, how can I wear a headband, or should I not. Thanks.

(Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, I did a lot of searches and found nothing on this topic.)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes IF your last name McEnroe or play forward for the Miami Heat!

allanb10

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for that... So what do you suggest as an alternative IF neither of those statements are true?

officeboy

Reaction score
http://www.sweatgutr.com/
teacha.gif
Now with a suit or sportscoat?

cmacey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allanb10
Gotcha, thanks for that... So what do you suggest as an alternative IF neither of those statements are true?

Use a towel, or your sleeve.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sweat a lot in my face. Sports are not really the place to worry too much about your appearance but you don't need to look like a tramp either. It will be met with derision on here but form follows function. Do a Brett Michaels with a bandana and be done with it.

coop86

Reaction score
For tennis try a wrist band or an arm band instead. For working out use a towel provided by your gym, or buy your own...

Boss1982

Reaction score
I got a few Nike bandanas for tennis: Hopefully it'll get to be 10-15 degrees warmer out here so I can go hit some tennis balls again. oh it's been so long!

roger-federer-nike-deal.jpg

AChekhovGun

Reaction score
As someone already mentioned, at some point, fashion has to take a backseat to function/form (within reason of course).

If you need a headband to keep the sweat out of your eyes while playing sports, find one that's not outlandish, and wear it.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear beanies by under armor, pretty much all the time that I am sweating.

viator

Reaction score
I wear headbands like the OP's just about every time I go to the gym. Much more comfortable and less annyoing than having to constantly wipe your face on a towel or your shirt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads