• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First real suit

bvbellomo

Reaction score
The pants have a label saying size 38. So they made a mistake and didn't swap.

compuccesory

Reaction score
From one large chested guy to another - if you have a lot of difficulty finding a jacket that fits the chest, consider a double breasted suit. the lapels won't "break" in the same way a SB jacket will and it will look a bit cleaner in that respect at least, because they are closer together and wider. You're a tall boy so you can easily pull it off.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still haven't sent it back. It isn't nearly as bad as my first impression, I like the style so much more than the Copley, and it is less than half the price. I am really on the fence, especially not knowing what some minor tailoring can/can't fix.

View attachment 1360528
View attachment 1360529 View attachment 1360530

The pants go back no matter what. They say they don't vanity size, but these are at least 2 inches bigger than they listed.

the jacket is just too tight. Obviously, going somewhere in person for the time being is not practical or feasible, but my recommendation still is for made to measure in person.

As for the double breasted recommendation, I’m a fan but the style has to be something you’re comfortable with. Also, you’ll almost certainly want to get fitted for something like that in person. If you think a single breasted coat is hard to fit, few things are less forgiving than a poorly fitting double breasted suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads