• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean last years? They should have shown the upcoming fall/winter stuff already.

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
It should be fine. There are many lurkers, and they registered only when they need to buy. The majority of my items are sold to these members.
- Use normal paypal payment (NOT personal payment)
- Ship with tracking, preferably by printing out from PayPal.
- If for any reasons you don't feel comfortable selling (unconfirmed foreign address, etc.,), politely decline.

Thanks onix for the prompt reply.

My follow-up:

Why normal paypal payment and not personal payment ?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yika
If you have the swag to carry it off, why not ?!

Damn. I'm going with this one...
laugh.gif
Thanks.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yika
Thanks onix for the prompt reply. My follow-up: Why normal paypal payment and not personal payment ?
This is mainly to protect the customer, since you're asking about "protect both parties". Though I know that there are some strange cases that the seller gets screwed over due to personal payment too. It has something to do with the fund seems to be there, but then the transaction gets retracted due to invalid account or something. I am not so sure, but a couple of sellers here had that problem (they may chime in).

Jim Barns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onix
It should be fine. There are many lurkers, and they registered only when they need to buy. The majority of my items are sold to these members.
- Use normal paypal payment (NOT personal payment)
- Ship with tracking, preferably by printing out from PayPal.
- If for any reasons you don't feel comfortable selling (unconfirmed foreign address, etc.,), politely decline.

That is genuinely good advise, even though I am not a seller, I can tell.

Dan e gee

Reaction score
Has anybody had any experience of "thinple" trousers?
Can anybody tell me where the company are based, the quality or have any input whatsoever??

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
Any ideas for not-so-expensive seersucker jacket,classic cut no very narrow lapels etc.?

Saw both Seersucker and whipcord in BB yesterday, two button medium lapel. Sorry I didn't check the price but check online if you don't have a BB close to you.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IsteRed
Any ideas for not-so-expensive seersucker jacket,classic cut no very narrow lapels etc.?

Brooks Brothers, J Press, Polo (look for them on sale to save money). Also Haspel should be inexpensive if not too high quality.

Franky12

Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
Brooks Brothers, J Press, Polo (look for them on sale to save money). Also Haspel should be inexpensive if not too high quality.

I think that is good advise, you might wanna check it out for your own good.

red dragon

Reaction score
Looking to get a pair of Florsheim Kenmoor Longwings (Cordovan) recrafted... Any suggestions or experience with online shops?

My local guy is good enough for basic stuff, but I've become a little suspicious when he said Bruno Magli shoes were better quality than my Aldens.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MatchaPowder
What is the point of a tie clip (tie bar) if i can just tuck it in the label in the back?

Tucking the small end of the tie into the label simply eliminates the problem of the little piece separating from the big piece. It does not solve the problem of the entire tie moving around. Because tie clips connect the shirt to the tie, the entire tie stays in place.

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by red dragon
Looking to get a pair of Florsheim Kenmoor Longwings (Cordovan) recrafted... Any suggestions or experience with online shops?

My local guy is good enough for basic stuff, but I've become a little suspicious when he said Bruno Magli shoes were better quality than my Aldens.

I sent a pair of calf longwings off to My Shoe Man for a new pair of heels. Cheap, quick turnaround, and the workmanship was fine. Dunno about their recrafting though.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

VIP Shoe restorers in NY. The best I have found anywhere.

http://www.vipshoerestorers.com/pages/aboutus2.html

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes Polo's made in Italy shoes?
I've become a little suspicious when he said Bruno Magli shoes were better quality than my Aldens.
eh.gif
! My Bruno Maglis appear to be much better quality than my friend's Aldens. The softest leather I've ever felt, hand sewn, and all that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads