1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Anybody have any experience with Sacha shoes? Was told about them today.

2. Lucas7

Lucas7 Member

What book does every SF member have to read about Men Clothing?

3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

whats better: buy size 32 pants and have the waist taken in an inch, or buy size 30 and have the waist let out an inch??

That depends on how it fits elsewhere. If not trying on first, it might be possible estimate by the fit of other pants or knowledge of so-called figure variations (for example, a relatively large behind).

4. johnmcnamee

johnmcnamee Well-Known Member

My uniform for work is black shoes, black trousers, black shirt, and a tie.

Should I just buy a plain black tie, or are there any colors which could work against a completely black outfit?

5. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

My uniform for work is black shoes, black trousers, black shirt, and a tie.

Should I just buy a plain black tie, or are there any colors which could work against a completely black outfit?

Where do you work that requires you to wear black on black? Im not really a big fan of black shirts in general but a mid grey tie might work well for you. Whatever you do dont wear a white tie or you will look like a tool.

6. johnmcnamee

Where do you work that requires you to wear black on black? Im not really a big fan of black shirts in general but a mid grey tie might work well for you. Whatever you do dont wear a white tie or you will look like a tool.

I'm a sales assistant working in retail, so unfortunately there's no way to avoid it! Thanks for your response!

7. utexas

utexas Well-Known Member

Where do you work that requires you to wear black on black?

Waiter?

8. utexas

utexas Well-Known Member

^ Oh, well don't I feel like a jerk now.

9. johnmcnamee

^ Oh, well don't I feel like a jerk now.
    Haha, it was a fair guess!

10. lenahan

lenahan Senior member

hello.
    question: what do people recommend to wear with striped SC (I have 2, one charcoal striped, one black striped. One was once a suit, the latter was never a suit). I love them, and often wear black trousers with the former and charcoal with the latter. Any recommendations?

11. DenimDan

DenimDan Well-Known Member

12. Miho

Miho New Member

Good or bad?

[​IMG]

You look so good~!

13. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

You look so good~!
    ... sarcasm? (I hope)

I would suggest you lose the vest if you insist on open collar and sans tie.

14. Roscius

Roscius Senior member

HI GUYS! Quick question~ HOW DO I MEASURE FOR THE BEST AND MOST CORRECT MEASUREMENTS FOR MY FOOT and THE SIZES THEY CORRESPOND TO? THANKYOU!!!!

15. shravan_shetty3

shravan_shetty3 New Member

OVS industry Italian brand for fast fashion is now open @ Linking Road, Bandra!

16. itsjoncharles

itsjoncharles Member

Would love if someone could give me a second opinion on this leather jacket (link below). I asked about why the price is so cheap, and the seller says that she bought in in the 90s from a store in Florida called Dillian/Dillians (or something) and assure me it's real. Her feedback doesn't seeem to suggest she sells bad clothing. Link: http://tinyurl.com/63btzeg

17. Scotty

Scotty Senior member

What do you think of this longwings to wear with my flannel pants (and any grey slacks in my future ).

Thanks.

The shoes (Bexleys):

[​IMG]

The pants (they're shorter now):

[​IMG]

18. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

What do you think of this longwings to wear with my flannel pants (and any grey slacks in my future ).
    Nothing wrong with the style of the shoe, but I don't think Black shoes with gray pants will look good.
    HI GUYS! Quick question~ HOW DO I MEASURE FOR THE BEST AND MOST CORRECT MEASUREMENTS FOR MY FOOT and THE SIZES THEY CORRESPOND TO? THANKYOU!!!!
    The best way is to use a brannock feet measuring device. Any shoe store or cobbler would have one. Barring that you can follow this guide. http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort...surefeet_5.htm

19. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

Nothing wrong with the style of the shoe, but I don't think Black shoes with gray pants will look good.

It won't look bad, just formal and conservative.

20. gamma1234

gamma1234 Senior member