Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

You mean last years? They should have shown the upcoming fall/winter stuff already.

2. Yika

Yika Senior member

It should be fine. There are many lurkers, and they registered only when they need to buy. The majority of my items are sold to these members.
    - Use normal paypal payment (NOT personal payment)
    - Ship with tracking, preferably by printing out from PayPal.
    - If for any reasons you don't feel comfortable selling (unconfirmed foreign address, etc.,), politely decline.

Thanks onix for the prompt reply.

My follow-up:

Why normal paypal payment and not personal payment ?

3. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

If you have the swag to carry it off, why not ?!

Damn. I'm going with this one... [​IMG] Thanks.

4. onix

onix Senior member

Thanks onix for the prompt reply. My follow-up: Why normal paypal payment and not personal payment ?
    This is mainly to protect the customer, since you're asking about "protect both parties". Though I know that there are some strange cases that the seller gets screwed over due to personal payment too. It has something to do with the fund seems to be there, but then the transaction gets retracted due to invalid account or something. I am not so sure, but a couple of sellers here had that problem (they may chime in).

5. Jim Barns

Jim Barns Well-Known Member

It should be fine. There are many lurkers, and they registered only when they need to buy. The majority of my items are sold to these members.
    - Use normal paypal payment (NOT personal payment)
    - Ship with tracking, preferably by printing out from PayPal.
    - If for any reasons you don't feel comfortable selling (unconfirmed foreign address, etc.,), politely decline.

That is genuinely good advise, even though I am not a seller, I can tell.

6. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Senior member

Has anybody had any experience of "thinple" trousers?
    Can anybody tell me where the company are based, the quality or have any input whatsoever??

7. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Any ideas for not-so-expensive seersucker jacket,classic cut no very narrow lapels etc.?

Saw both Seersucker and whipcord in BB yesterday, two button medium lapel. Sorry I didn't check the price but check online if you don't have a BB close to you.

8. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

Any ideas for not-so-expensive seersucker jacket,classic cut no very narrow lapels etc.?

Brooks Brothers, J Press, Polo (look for them on sale to save money). Also Haspel should be inexpensive if not too high quality.

9. Franky12

Franky12 Member

Brooks Brothers, J Press, Polo (look for them on sale to save money). Also Haspel should be inexpensive if not too high quality.

I think that is good advise, you might wanna check it out for your own good.

10. red dragon

red dragon Well-Known Member

Looking to get a pair of Florsheim Kenmoor Longwings (Cordovan) recrafted... Any suggestions or experience with online shops?

My local guy is good enough for basic stuff, but I've become a little suspicious when he said Bruno Magli shoes were better quality than my Aldens.

11. MatchaPowder

MatchaPowder New Member

What is the point of a tie clip (tie bar) if i can just tuck it in the label in the back?

12. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    What is the point of a tie clip (tie bar) if i can just tuck it in the label in the back?

Tucking the small end of the tie into the label simply eliminates the problem of the little piece separating from the big piece. It does not solve the problem of the entire tie moving around. Because tie clips connect the shirt to the tie, the entire tie stays in place.

13. Mudhiker

Mudhiker Senior member

Looking to get a pair of Florsheim Kenmoor Longwings (Cordovan) recrafted... Any suggestions or experience with online shops?

My local guy is good enough for basic stuff, but I've become a little suspicious when he said Bruno Magli shoes were better quality than my Aldens.

I sent a pair of calf longwings off to My Shoe Man for a new pair of heels. Cheap, quick turnaround, and the workmanship was fine. Dunno about their recrafting though.

14. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

VIP Shoe restorers in NY. The best I have found anywhere.

http://www.vipshoerestorers.com/pages/aboutus2.html

15. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Anyone know who makes Polo's made in Italy shoes?
    I've become a little suspicious when he said Bruno Magli shoes were better quality than my Aldens.
    [​IMG] ! My Bruno Maglis appear to be much better quality than my friend's Aldens. The softest leather I've ever felt, hand sewn, and all that.