• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I smell a split in our futures
bounce2.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter

Today - Habit Rouge. Hmmm, smells like what a 75 year old man would wear

Keith Richards says HB is his favorite fragrance, so you're not that far off.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
well I just picked up a 100mils of the tuscan leather. I just can't get enough of it. I'm very interested in checking out their tobacco vanille next (hoping someone does a split on that soon).... just wanted to add that every day I have worn the tuscan leather, I've had very attractive women sit next to me on the train... thats been proof positive for me.

I also picked up a bottle of creeds virgin island waters last week. for some reason I thought I would like it and no, its not my thing at all... but it smells great on the woman so at least thats not a waste.

I just wanted to thank Rambo and others that have been running some of these splits. You've definitely gotten me hooked on an aspect of my appearance that I've been neglecting. I find myself questioning myself every time I want a cig as a result, so I think this is going to end very well.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't our friend the Frog looking to fill up some Tom Ford TL/TV spots over in the split thread? (I'm interested, but this stuff is just too expensive for me at almost $5/mL.)

Today started off with an experiment with Boss Orange - some tester that was pushed my way by a saleslady. I applied almost 3/4 of the 1mL test vial and could barely smell myself if I tried. I mean, yeah, it's a citrus fragrance, so I didn't expect longevity or silage, but this thing was pathetic. I resorted to Creed Bois du Portugal pre-swim and Rose 31 post-.

...just looked up the few reviews of the aforementioned (new) citrus fragrance on Basenotes - seems like I wasn't alone in my findings! ("It's amazing they're allowed to sell this stuff." Ha!)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Whelp, looks like split #2 is closed. Do you all think we've got enough for a 3rd bottle? Anybody who got in originally want to increase their share? Let me know.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I took that last 10 ml in the Knize, but I'll up my take to 30 or 40 ml if people are down for a third split.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just keep loving tobacco vanille more and more every time I apply it. I just bought a 50 ml bottle and absolutely love it.

I can't believe I was underwhelmed when I first sampled it. Definitely one of my top 5 frags. I loved Tuscan Leather at first, but now I'm starting to grow a little tired of it.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Tried womanity today that is too fem for me powdery. I don't mind feminine scents, but that one I think something Uncontrol would wear. Alien was a nice scent though.

I m still trying to find a place that carries Etat Libre d'Orange other than perfumecourt so I can just take a whiff. However, I still keep coming back to my favorite of vanilla. Not too fond of looked upon here nor on basenotes looks like vetiver, woods.etc are more popular. But I dunno, vanilla always favored me, I like gourmand candle like heavy scents (with some citrus) it always identified with me.
My brothers and fathers are more the musk and vetiver and ocean and woods and leathers. I always was the fruity and vanilla. Hemes elixir desM , mandorlo di sicilia, etc and the one cologne I had during college I don't recall what the name was but it was a woman's perfume that I dabbed on occasionally that was vanilla.

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Bulgari Black, as well? I want to love that one, but the last few times I've worn it have resulted in a big black rubbery cloud over my head, spoiling my mood for the next couple of days. Not sure if it's coincidence.

Yes, but not so much lately. Interestingly enough, a huge, very butch looking lady sat next to me at the doctors office the other day and I could smell bulgari black very strongly. It didn't want to ask her what she was wearing though, for fear of a beating.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Tried womanity today that is too fem for me powdery. I don't mind feminine scents, but that one I think something Uncontrol would wear. Alien was a nice scent though.

I m still trying to find a place that carries Etat Libre d'Orange other than perfumecourt so I can just take a whiff. However, I still keep coming back to my favorite of vanilla. Not too fond of looked upon here nor on basenotes looks like vetiver, woods.etc are more popular. But I dunno, vanilla always favored me, I like gourmand candle like heavy scents (with some citrus) it always identified with me.
My brothers and fathers are more the musk and vetiver and ocean and woods and leathers. I always was the fruity and vanilla. Hemes elixir desM , mandorlo di sicilia, etc and the one cologne I had during college I don't recall what the name was but it was a woman's perfume that I dabbed on occasionally that was vanilla.

Have you tried Bulgari Black? It's widely available, and I think it fits your criteria very well. It's weird and also features vanilla pretty prominently. It's sort of like tire rubber plus vanilla.

There's another one that I bet you'd love. Unfortunately, I think it might be hard to come by. But really, based on your stated preferences, I think it would be perfect for you. It's Kiton Napoli. (The one that comes in the blue bottle--NOT Kiton Men.) It's a really sweet, creamy berry. You also might really like L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier. I agree with you about Elixir des Merveilles--that's a gorgeous fragrance.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Have you tried Bulgari Black? It's widely available, and I think it fits your criteria very well. It's weird and also features vanilla pretty prominently. It's sort of like tire rubber plus vanilla.

There's another one that I bet you'd love. Unfortunately, I think it might be hard to come by. But really, based on your stated preferences, I think it would be perfect for you. It's Kiton Napoli. (The one that comes in the blue bottle--NOT Kiton Men.) It's a really sweet, creamy berry. You also might really like L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier. I agree with you about Elixir des Merveilles--that's a gorgeous fragrance.

Thanks man this is the first time in a hundred pages here that anyone said anything about elixir des M! I'm glad you stated it. Puts validation behind my purchase.
Bloomingdales in newport beach fashion island has one of the best collections I have ever seen in this area. They have kiton I remember (and bulgari black). I don't recall if it was kiton man or what not but ill be back to take a smell of that. Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics