Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Whelp, looks like split #2 is closed. Do you all think we've got enough for a 3rd bottle? Anybody who got in originally want to increase their share? Let me know.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Before I forget I just wanted to say thanks to everybody who's been telling me what a good job I've been doing. I really appreciate it!

3. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I took that last 10 ml in the Knize, but I'll up my take to 30 or 40 ml if people are down for a third split.

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I just keep loving tobacco vanille more and more every time I apply it. I just bought a 50 ml bottle and absolutely love it.

I can't believe I was underwhelmed when I first sampled it. Definitely one of my top 5 frags. I loved Tuscan Leather at first, but now I'm starting to grow a little tired of it.

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Tried womanity today that is too fem for me powdery. I don't mind feminine scents, but that one I think something Uncontrol would wear. Alien was a nice scent though.

I m still trying to find a place that carries Etat Libre d'Orange other than perfumecourt so I can just take a whiff. However, I still keep coming back to my favorite of vanilla. Not too fond of looked upon here nor on basenotes looks like vetiver, woods.etc are more popular. But I dunno, vanilla always favored me, I like gourmand candle like heavy scents (with some citrus) it always identified with me.
    My brothers and fathers are more the musk and vetiver and ocean and woods and leathers. I always was the fruity and vanilla. Hemes elixir desM , mandorlo di sicilia, etc and the one cologne I had during college I don't recall what the name was but it was a woman's perfume that I dabbed on occasionally that was vanilla.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sho - Go with Lucky Scent. Most of the samples are $3-4 and shipping free with coupon code MUA.

8. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Bulgari Black, as well? I want to love that one, but the last few times I've worn it have resulted in a big black rubbery cloud over my head, spoiling my mood for the next couple of days. Not sure if it's coincidence.

Yes, but not so much lately. Interestingly enough, a huge, very butch looking lady sat next to me at the doctors office the other day and I could smell bulgari black very strongly. It didn't want to ask her what she was wearing though, for fear of a beating.

9. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Tried womanity today that is too fem for me powdery. I don't mind feminine scents, but that one I think something Uncontrol would wear. Alien was a nice scent though.

I m still trying to find a place that carries Etat Libre d'Orange other than perfumecourt so I can just take a whiff. However, I still keep coming back to my favorite of vanilla. Not too fond of looked upon here nor on basenotes looks like vetiver, woods.etc are more popular. But I dunno, vanilla always favored me, I like gourmand candle like heavy scents (with some citrus) it always identified with me.
    My brothers and fathers are more the musk and vetiver and ocean and woods and leathers. I always was the fruity and vanilla. Hemes elixir desM , mandorlo di sicilia, etc and the one cologne I had during college I don't recall what the name was but it was a woman's perfume that I dabbed on occasionally that was vanilla.

Have you tried Bulgari Black? It's widely available, and I think it fits your criteria very well. It's weird and also features vanilla pretty prominently. It's sort of like tire rubber plus vanilla.

There's another one that I bet you'd love. Unfortunately, I think it might be hard to come by. But really, based on your stated preferences, I think it would be perfect for you. It's Kiton Napoli. (The one that comes in the blue bottle--NOT Kiton Men.) It's a really sweet, creamy berry. You also might really like L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier. I agree with you about Elixir des Merveilles--that's a gorgeous fragrance.

10. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Have you tried Bulgari Black? It's widely available, and I think it fits your criteria very well. It's weird and also features vanilla pretty prominently. It's sort of like tire rubber plus vanilla.

There's another one that I bet you'd love. Unfortunately, I think it might be hard to come by. But really, based on your stated preferences, I think it would be perfect for you. It's Kiton Napoli. (The one that comes in the blue bottle--NOT Kiton Men.) It's a really sweet, creamy berry. You also might really like L'Artisan Parfumeur's Premier Figuier. I agree with you about Elixir des Merveilles--that's a gorgeous fragrance.

Thanks man this is the first time in a hundred pages here that anyone said anything about elixir des M! I'm glad you stated it. Puts validation behind my purchase.
    Bloomingdales in newport beach fashion island has one of the best collections I have ever seen in this area. They have kiton I remember (and bulgari black). I don't recall if it was kiton man or what not but ill be back to take a smell of that. Thanks

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Sho - Go with Lucky Scent. Most of the samples are $3-4 and shipping free with coupon code MUA.
    Ok I will def take a look. The prices for a 2.5mL or higher on perfumecourt are insane. Thanks rambo

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Ok I will def take a look. The prices for a 2.5mL or higher on perfumecourt are insane. Thanks rambo
    Yeah, they are. I pretty much gave up on them a while back. Generally though, the LS samples are only 1oz or less. Just so you know. Still, I think its a better deal all around.

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Thanks man this is the first time in a hundred pages here that anyone said anything about elixir des M! I'm glad you stated it. Puts validation behind my purchase.
    Bloomingdales in newport beach fashion island has one of the best collections I have ever seen in this area. They have kiton I remember (and bulgari black). I don't recall if it was kiton man or what not but ill be back to take a smell of that. Thanks

Elixir des Merveilles is actually in my top 10. I just did a quick search, and it looks look the only person who's ever reported EdM as SOTD was me--four times. It's one of those fragrances that make me feel warm and fuzzy and happy. (I'm not sure I'm helping its cause by putting it that way!)

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Elixir des Merveilles is actually in my top 10. I just did a quick search, and it looks look the only person who's ever reported EdM as SOTD was me--four times. It's one of those fragrances that make me feel warm and fuzzy and happy. (I'm not sure I'm helping its cause by putting it that way!)
    Yeah I missed that. I saw a lot of secretions magnifiques as sotd posts from you that's for sure But yes, Edm gets a nod from you that is all icare for now. Now I wonder if rachjlc and rambo validates it

15. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member