Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Encens et Bubblegum today.

This is so true. Also with other things like with clothes and hair too. Can you give me a breakdown of some of the weirder ones/edgier ones and where to sample? Thanks

Etat Libre d'Orange is a great place to start for weird fragrances. What's weird specifically about a lot of the ELdO's is that they combine notes in ways that aren't intuitive at all. Jasmin et Cigarette is an example of that. I think it's fair to say that's the most popular of the ELdO's, but I don't have the sales figures to back that up. Also Encens et Bubblegum, Secretions Magnifiques, and Vierges et Toreros are worth a try. Womanity is worth a sample too, although Rambo will mock you if you admit you wore it! [​IMG] I get my samples from The Perfumed Court.

You should also try Le Feu d'Issey if you can. (NOT Eau d'Issey.) It's discontinued, but you can still find it if you poke around. Ebay might be your best option. The opening on that one is very strange--anise, really overripe peach, sour milk, among others. I'm sure there are lots more that I'm not thinking of now, but that's a start at any rate.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I've got an open bottle of Cigarette and Jasmine as well as a few other ELDO's if anyone wants samples.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Encens et Bubblegum today. Etat Libre d'Orange is a great place to start for weird fragrances. What's weird specifically about a lot of the ELdO's is that they combine notes in ways that aren't intuitive at all. Jasmin et Cigarette is an example of that. I think it's fair to say that's the most popular of the ELdO's, but I don't have the sales figures to back that up. Also Encens et Bubblegum, Secretions Magnifiques, and Vierges et Toreros are worth a try. Womanity is worth a sample too, although Rambo will mock you if you admit you wore it! [​IMG] I get my samples from The Perfumed Court. You should also try Le Feu d'Issey if you can. (NOT Eau d'Issey.) It's discontinued, but you can still find it if you poke around. Ebay might be your best option. The opening on that one is very strange--anise, really overripe peach, sour milk, among others. I'm sure there are lots more that I'm not thinking of now, but that's a start at any rate.
    Thanks. That last one sounds great I ll look for that. What do you think about creed acier aluminium?

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Encens et Bubblegum today. Etat Libre d'Orange is a great place to start for weird fragrances. What's weird specifically about a lot of the ELdO's is that they combine notes in ways that aren't intuitive at all. Jasmin et Cigarette is an example of that. I think it's fair to say that's the most popular of the ELdO's, but I don't have the sales figures to back that up. Also Encens et Bubblegum, Secretions Magnifiques, and Vierges et Toreros are worth a try. Womanity is worth a sample too, although Rambo will mock you if you admit you wore it! [​IMG] I get my samples from The Perfumed Court. You should also try Le Feu d'Issey if you can. (NOT Eau d'Issey.) It's discontinued, but you can still find it if you poke around. Ebay might be your best option. The opening on that one is very strange--anise, really overripe peach, sour milk, among others. I'm sure there are lots more that I'm not thinking of now, but that's a start at any rate.
    I will mock your womanhood! Get back into the kitchen and fix me a sandwich, cupcake!
    I've got an open bottle of Cigarette and Jasmine as well as a few other ELDO's if anyone wants samples.
    D - send me a PM with the list. I think I deleted the last one you sent me.
    Thanks. That last one sounds great I ll look for that. What do you think about creed acier aluminium?
    Blech. Creed sucks. Stick with some of the more obscure houses. I recommend L'Artisan to everyone. All the frag's are, at the bare minimum, decent and at least 5-10 of them are excellent. Plus, they're all under $100. Can't beat that.

5. L'Incandescent

I will mock your womanhood! Get back into the kitchen and fix me a sandwich, cupcake!

Oh, well when you put it that way...[​IMG]

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Today: Aramis Tuscany. Kinda throw-back hairy-knuckled masculine, but it works for me.

7. L'Incandescent

Rose 31 today.

8. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Acqua di Gio por Homme. I wanted something light today. I think I am still recovering from Creed Orange Spice.

9. boo

boo Senior member

I was actually trying to decide between orange spice and aventus when I ended up with the MiP. At least they were nice enough to give me a couple samples of each each [​IMG]

M7 today.

10. willpower

willpower Senior member

Rose 31 today.

I like how you think!

11. Dane

Dane Senior member

Acqua di Gio por Homme. I wanted something light today. I think I am still recovering from Creed Orange Spice.

Light? [​IMG]

TDC Osmanthus for me today. Perfection in a bottle.

12. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

wearing hugo boss number 6 to the office. perhaps my safest annick menardo frag. love her.

13. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

today i went with Creed Himilaya. TBH I completely forgot I was even wearing anything within about an hour. what a waste.

14. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

^^^that's how it went for me with Aqua di Gio. It was pretty much gone after a few hours.

Dane - i mean lightvas in low projection and low longevity. Do you find it otherwise?

Boo- definitely try Orange Spice. It was a wild ride, especially because I wore it to work. Seem to recall Rambo recommending some "stinky orange" scents a few pages back. I'll have to check those out.