Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Tried womanity today that is too fem for me powdery. I don't mind feminine scents, but that one I think something Uncontrol would wear. Alien was a nice scent though.

I m still trying to find a place that carries Etat Libre d'Orange other than perfumecourt so I can just take a whiff. However, I still keep coming back to my favorite of vanilla. Not too fond of looked upon here nor on basenotes looks like vetiver, woods.etc are more popular. But I dunno, vanilla always favored me, I like gourmand candle like heavy scents (with some citrus) it always identified with me.
    My brothers and fathers are more the musk and vetiver and ocean and woods and leathers. I always was the fruity and vanilla. Hemes elixir desM , mandorlo di sicilia, etc and the one cologne I had during college I don't recall what the name was but it was a woman's perfume that I dabbed on occasionally that was vanilla.

Sho - vanilla is a really really popular base in a number of scents. Nearly everything Guerlain put out from 1889-1980's has a big vanilla base, and even now it still figures prominently. Alternatively you could try any number of scents by Maurice Roucel, such as Rochas Man or Missoni: he does a great job with warm/fresh/spicy gourmandy scents.

today: Tabac Original EdC - an old-man fougere with a lot of floral-powdery notes. I still like it, though.

2. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^^^ got my dad a bottle of that (amonst others) for his birthday last year. i occasionally grab a spritz.

today - Chanel Sycomore. Damn this stuff is good.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I know vanilla's been around for awhile. Just not a lot of people enjoy the note here in sf or basenote. Some say it is cloying or too stuffy or just plain sweet.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Creed Aventus today -

A sample bottle I'm working through.

5. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Creed Bois du Portugal today. I have been hesitating to crack open this sample since BdP has a reputation for being strong, but with my usual lack of self restraint I put on 3 sprays anyway. I always have trouble deciphering top notes, but this clearly opened with a prominent bergamot, woody, touch of clove with hint of cinnamon. A warm scent with a woody/incense feel. I like it!

One more Creed to try and then I am moving on - bunch more samples on the way. I also received Perfumes: The Guide yesterday from Amazon. Am I starting to obsess?

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

But yes, Edm gets a nod from you that is all icare for now. Now I wonder if rachjlc and rambo validates it

To get rach's approval, you'll need to wear something that smells like the poop of a baby (Jicky, Mouchoir de Monsieur) or like body odor (Eau d'Hermes, Muscs Koublai Khan). Or Voleur de Roses; for some reason, he likes that one a lot. I have no clue on how to get Rambo's validation!

Dans tes Bras for me today.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

If he requires poop or bo then EdM def won't fit with him cuz it smells like an orgasmic orange caramel vanilla bomb.

Too bad it doesn't stay long; I sprayed 2 sprays at home and then got into the vanpool an hour later and no one said a word. Either they didn't smell it or no one cared to say anything. [​IMG]

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Or Voleur de Roses; for some reason, he likes that one a lot. I have no clue on how to get Rambo's validation!
    I like VdR too. I think I turned Rach on to it actually. I can't remember. You've always got my validation, cupcake. Nothing but love for you and your ELdO's. I've got to get some of that damn Secretions Magnifique. Hopefully, not on my face. [​IMG] Yesterday - Amouage Jubilation XXV - I found it pretty long lasting and it was almost 90 out yesterday. Not exactly sure why everyone's having so much trouble with the longevity. That's two times in a row now. As for the smell, its not bad, but I don't think its worth $3bills a bottle.

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Sho - Go with Lucky Scent. Most of the samples are $3-4 and shipping free with coupon code MUA.

i typed in MUA and it didnt take the shipping off. is this current?

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Last time I tried it was. Call them up and ask about the MakeupAlley free shipping code. Maybe they changed or discontinued it.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

Last time I tried it was. Call them up and ask about the MakeupAlley free shipping code. Maybe they changed or discontinued it.

i called them and they said on that i needed a 50 dollar min purchase![​IMG]

12. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I like VdR too. I think I turned Rach on to it actually. I can't remember. You've always got my validation, cupcake. Nothing but love for you and your ELdO's. I've got to get some of that damn Secretions Magnifique. Hopefully, not on my face. [​IMG] Yesterday - Amouage Jubilation XXV - I found it pretty long lasting and it was almost 90 out yesterday. Not exactly sure why everyone's having so much trouble with the longevity. That's two times in a row now. As for the smell, its not bad, but I don't think its worth $3bills a bottle.
    I think we agreed on VdR... but I first got this one back in 2003 or 2004... and I don't THINK we knew each other then! Of course, I just found out last week a buyer of one of my bags here on SF was somebody I knew from basenotes like 6 years ago... [​IMG] BUT, yeah, to get on my list, you've got to stink REAAAAAL good. OR you've got to wear something by Roucel... for some reason, I consistently find his scents (L'instant, Helmut Lang EdC and EdP, Musc Ravageur) in my favorites. Sun was out today... so Chamade for me. You really can't get better than the old-school Guerlains. Vega, Chamade, Jicky, Shalimar, Mitsukou... you could just about retire after getting the parfums of these. Of course, they cost so much now that you'd have to go BACK to work to pay for them, but still...

13. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

You've always got my validation, cupcake. Nothing but love for you and your ELdO's. I've got to get some of that damn Secretions Magnifique. Hopefully, not on my face. [​IMG]

I'll try to be careful. [​IMG]

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

ok anyways, i bought a couple of tiny vials of Secretions Magnifiques from luckyscents. cant wait to see if i'll either love it or VOMIT or just spray them on my nards for the pheromone effect at work [​IMG]

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I'll try to be careful. [​IMG]
    Just for you cupcake - while I was in the mall making a return tonight I swung by Sephora and picked up samples of both Elixer Marvelous and the other version of Marvelous. See how you influence me so [​IMG]