Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Creed Orange Spice. This one is kind of intense! I love the musky bitter orange or blood orange combination but this has the most projection of any scent I have tried. This needs a light touch for my taste (I used 3 sprays and that is too much). I see BN lists COS as unisex but this seems very masculine to me.

I think it's a few notes that make it interesting. There's a certain 'cold' metalic note, and personally I like the blackcurrent/berry note. It's not amazing IMO, but somewhat interesting. Would I use a bottle? probably not. a 10ml decant? Sure.

This is a great way to think about acquiring scents - some are 10ml scents, some 30ml, and some the whole bottle. Never thought of it like that.

2. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Le Labo Poivre again today. Got some of the Gaiac 10 on it's way to me finally. I hope it arrives soon!

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

^Oooh. Let us know how it is when it arrives.

Today - Etro Sandalo - This is quickly becoming my favorite sandalwood.

4. Dane

Dane Senior member

Creed Orange Spice. This one is kind of intense! I love the musky bitter orange or blood orange combination but this has the most projection of any scent I have tried. This needs a light touch for my taste (I used 3 sprays and that is too much). I see BN lists COS as unisex but this seems very masculine to me.

This is a great way to think about acquiring scents - some are 10ml scents, some 30ml, and some the whole bottle. Never thought of it like that.

Don't get caught up in BN's info...it's often incorrect (not that designated sex matters anyway).

Wore Yvresse last night...probably again today. [​IMG]

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Dans tes Bras today.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

wore Varvatos Vintage today. Actually pretty good juice, i'd consider buying a bottle.

went around the day sniffing various things and a few interesting ones. Womanity popped up on the radar again, I think it's fascinating and wonder why more people don't talk about it. That being said I also think it's weird and almost unwearable, but at least artistically isn't worth sniffing and trying out.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

ELdO Pussy Palaces today. This one sits right on the edge of "a bit too feminine" for me. I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Sort of a powdery sweet version of Flowerbomb.

8. MyTailorIsRich

Armani Code. Stopped by Bloomingdales today and hit the sample bar.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

SJPC Unforgivable Multi-Platinum.

10. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

went around the day sniffing various things and a few interesting ones. Womanity popped up on the radar again, I think it's fascinating and wonder why more people don't talk about it. That being said I also think it's weird and almost unwearable, but at least artistically isn't worth sniffing and trying out.

I'll admit that I like Womanity, and wear it somewhat frequently. I actually find that I get complimented the most on fragrances that are a bit weird. I also bought some for my mother, who loves it.

Speaking of compliments: I don't remember if I mentioned this at the time, but one day I applied an unusually generous dose of Secretions Magnifiques, and the lady who took my order at Starbucks said "Mmm, you smell nice!" I think sometimes fragrances seem weirder to us because we're more aware of how they deviate from the familiar categories.

11. slider07

slider07 Well-Known Member

Versace Eau Fraiche - a gift from my wife. Very pleasant, light scent.

Yesterday was Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme.

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I like Blu mediterraneo-mandorlo di sicilia
    Dolce gabbana OneGentleman

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I'll admit that I like Womanity, and wear it somewhat frequently. I actually find that I get complimented the most on fragrances that are a bit weird. I also bought some for my mother, who loves it.

Speaking of compliments: I don't remember if I mentioned this at the time, but one day I applied an unusually generous dose of Secretions Magnifiques, and the lady who took my order at Starbucks said "Mmm, you smell nice!" I think sometimes fragrances seem weirder to us because we're more aware of how they deviate from the familiar categories.

This is so true. Also with other things like with clothes and hair too. Can you give me a breakdown of some of the weirder ones/edgier ones and where to sample? Thanks

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Guerlain Vetiver - vintage stock. Better than I'd remembered.

15. MyTailorIsRich