Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

Count me in as a Declaration fan, but then again I've been a longtime lover of Bigarade Concentree, Eau d'hermes, Pamplelune, and the other "stinky" citruses.

Bond no. 9 Little Italy, too, is another bitter citrus... though I like it less than all of these others, and when factoring in the $$$$, it's probably NOT a recommendation.

It was rach2jlc I was thinking of...

2. CologneReview

CologneReview Senior member

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Hermes Bel Ami today. I keep forgetting to wear this.

4. Dane

Dane Senior member

^^^that's how it went for me with Aqua di Gio. It was pretty much gone after a few hours.

Dane - i mean lightvas in low projection and low longevity. Do you find it otherwise?

Boo- definitely try Orange Spice. It was a wild ride, especially because I wore it to work. Seem to recall Rambo recommending some "stinky orange" scents a few pages back. I'll have to check those out.

I've always found AdG obnoxiously loud...but maybe I'm just sensitive to things I dislike.

Wearing TDC Osmanthus again today. [​IMG]

5. MyTailorIsRich

MyTailorIsRich Senior member

6. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

ELdO Antiheros today.

7. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

wearing hugo boss number 6 to the office. perhaps my safest annick menardo frag. love her.

I'll have to get this. I've loved everything I've tried of hers.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I'll have to get this. I've loved everything I've tried of hers.
    Bulgari Black, as well? I want to love that one, but the last few times I've worn it have resulted in a big black rubbery cloud over my head, spoiling my mood for the next couple of days. Not sure if it's coincidence.

9. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Took the boy to his Japanese pediatrician in Little Tokyo this morning, so I had to wear Kyoto. Maybe I'll get a bottle of Kenzo for future visits.

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

^Oooh. Let us know how it is when it arrives. Today - Etro Sandalo - This is quickly becoming my favorite sandalwood.
    damn, I saw a NIB 100ml bottle of this for $55 and passed on it... I still know where it's hiding. Bought Caswell-Massey's Sandlewood instead and it's nowhere near as good. [​IMG] Today - Habit Rouge. Hmmm, smells like what a 75 year old man would wear

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

damn, I saw a NIB bottle of this for $55 and passed on it... I still know where it's hiding. Bought Caswell-Massey's Sandlewood instead and it's nowhere near as good. [​IMG] Today - Habit Rouge. Hmmm, smells like what a 75 year old man would wear
    ah. I was considering adding a straight sandalwood once I'm done with the no-buy, and I had both C-M and Arden on the radar...ah well. I would grab the Etro, I remember quite liking it. As for H-R, give it time and it dries down pretty well. I'm about ready to cast Habit Rouge Legere out of the herd, though.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

13. willpower

willpower Senior member

Today - Habit Rouge. Hmmm, smells like what a 75 year old man would wear

Keith Richards says HB is his favorite fragrance, so you're not that far off.

14. MrGoodBytes

MrGoodBytes Senior member

well I just picked up a 100mils of the tuscan leather. I just can't get enough of it. I'm very interested in checking out their tobacco vanille next (hoping someone does a split on that soon).... just wanted to add that every day I have worn the tuscan leather, I've had very attractive women sit next to me on the train... thats been proof positive for me.

I also picked up a bottle of creeds virgin island waters last week. for some reason I thought I would like it and no, its not my thing at all... but it smells great on the woman so at least thats not a waste.

I just wanted to thank Rambo and others that have been running some of these splits. You've definitely gotten me hooked on an aspect of my appearance that I've been neglecting. I find myself questioning myself every time I want a cig as a result, so I think this is going to end very well.

15. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Isn't our friend the Frog looking to fill up some Tom Ford TL/TV spots over in the split thread? (I'm interested, but this stuff is just too expensive for me at almost $5/mL.)

Today started off with an experiment with Boss Orange - some tester that was pushed my way by a saleslady. I applied almost 3/4 of the 1mL test vial and could barely smell myself if I tried. I mean, yeah, it's a citrus fragrance, so I didn't expect longevity or silage, but this thing was pathetic. I resorted to Creed Bois du Portugal pre-swim and Rose 31 post-.

...just looked up the few reviews of the aforementioned (new) citrus fragrance on Basenotes - seems like I wasn't alone in my findings! ("It's amazing they're allowed to sell this stuff." Ha!)