• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which brand do you find the most annoying?

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by R_Dorothy Wayneright
Victoria's Secret.
Why? Because they 'shop the good parts from the cans?
victoria_secret_karolina.jpg
purple%20%20slip%20vs.jpg

Rayson

Reaction score
Most listed here. I find TH repellent. D&G particularly. Ralph Lauren annoys me because some of his plain and simple stuff looks almost perfect, except it isn't quite plain and simple because of the ******* logos.

Superdry and Fat Face are the names of endemic diseases in England.

I just thought of a truly awful one! Pretty Green. It's Liam Gallagher's shop. You don't even have to go in to have a laugh, you can just look at the huge pictures of him in the windows. If you want to buy anything decent, or just need a bit of sanity to calm down, you can go to Albam a couple of doors down after. Sunspel supplies at least some of the Pretty Green T-shirts as I understand it, so that's where to get versions of the stuff that aren't messed up.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rayson
Most listed here. I find TH repellent. D&G particularly. Ralph Lauren annoys me because some of his plain and simple stuff looks almost perfect, except it isn't quite plain and simple because of the ******* logos.

Superdry and Fat Face are the names of endemic diseases in England.

I just thought of a truly awful one! Pretty Green. It's Liam Gallagher's shop. You don't even have to go in to have a laugh, you can just look at the huge pictures of him in the windows. If you want to buy anything decent, or just need a bit of sanity to calm down, you can go to Albam a couple of doors down after. Sunspel supplies at least some of the Pretty Green T-shirts as I understand it, so that's where to get versions of the stuff that aren't messed up.

Liam Gallagher's shop must be the funniest thing in the world...

Whose idea was it in the first place?

The guy is such a tw.t .

twistoffat

Reaction score
Ed Hardy would have to be at the top of my list followed by abercrombie.
Ed Hardy at least seems to have run its race and is disappearing.....thank goodness

teenbrunellolover

Reaction score
First off I am going to defend Bose. Their products are a little pricey, but I happen to love them and think they are fantastic (especially compared to Dr. Dre's line of headphones) I am also a little curious as to why someone said Cucinelli? I do agree about RL as there have been many times where I would want to buy their stuff except for that ostentatious horse logo the size of a country. Of course, I will have to agree that Ed Hardy is the saddest thing in the world and I often wonder how they are still in business.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Xenon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Tim Hortons
129064_tim_hortons.jpg

It seems that people can't get enough of it, and it's only friggin coffee, ir is it?

tim-hortons-price.jpg

I am becoming increasingly irritated by this company. Remember Invasion Of The Body Snatchers?
Once the infestation began, the townsfolk walked around with complacent glazed looks in their eyes as they came and went;
each one carrying with a surge of pride, another seed pod.
This is, in fact the same syndrome affecting people entering and leaving any Tim Hortons.
Be afraid.

Designer brands that have a 'KIDS' line (too many to mention)
The shameless exploitation and sexualization of children. It makes me physically ill just thinking of it.
Boycott them all.

+1000 on everything you said.

Tim Horton's so called coffee is vile. Had it once -last time ever. If it wasn't for the fact that I am sure they use robusta I would have said they used the spent coffee grounds that small coffee shops throw out. Actually maybe both: used robusta coffee grounds- there's probably an entire industry around recycling coffee grounds for fast food chains

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just really hate any of the suburban teen mall brand stores. I think a lot of the "fashion" brands out there do have some nice things to the eye as far as fashion goes, but I tend to think the clientele that don most of it ruin it.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
How could I forget this obvious one:

I will give you four guesses:

1. It is an overpriced French Brand (i.e. shirts 70-$80)
2. They like using elaborate colours
3. They are very popular
4. Nearly every garment has a little green crocodile logo

crackup[1].gif
use to wear 'em early 90's until early 2000's... now that some rapper-hip hop mall hopping posers wear them recklessly, my authentic versions has been relegated for wiping soles of my C&J Welbourne and AE's

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dolce and Gabbana. Just for those "crotch in your face" ads in every men's magazine. You know what Im talking about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads