• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

krameri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeingBot
If I wear a 34 in the rivet chino what size would I be in the jeans ? I am worried about the thigh being to tight in the 34. Should I size up to a 36? Will the waste be to big? Thanks.

I'm a true 34 and I bought the 34" jeans. They fit true-to-size. I don't need a belt, nor are they too snug. Take a look at my pic attachment above your post and maybe that will give you an idea.

I soaked and dried them before that picture.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Yup, I'd go with the same size in EP jeans and chinos. I'm a 32 in both. The chinos feel a bit looser on me, but that may be because I like my jeans to be ever-so-slightly-more relaxed than my chinos.

- K

BeingBot

Reaction score
Yea i can see where you are coming from for true to size but i am hesitant to buy the 34's as in the measurements for the thigh are a whole .75" inch less than in the chino thigh measurement so they might not fit me in the thigh. Is this logic correct?

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea i can see where you are coming from for true to size but i am hesitant to buy the 34's as in the measurements for the thigh are a whole .75" inch less than in the chino thigh measurement so they might not fit me in the thigh. Is this logic correct?
I have small thighs, so it's nothing I've ever noticed. I think the best thing to do is measure pants that fit you well, then compare those measurements with what you see on the Epaulet website.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
got my blue oxford, great as usual. did you gets raise the collar stand since the last shirting batch? I like it.

Awesome, thank you very much. It's the same collar, but it stands higher on the oxfords as the fabric is thick and starchy.

Originally Posted by TKJTG
So silly question...epaulet has suiting?

Will have - give me about 5 weeks and we'll drop it like its hot.

Originally Posted by dsoren
Can I hope for a restock of the EP's greycast chambray?

Absolutely - submitted an order last week! Full restock of Greycast Indigo & Red, and a new white chambray shirt for the Spring.

Originally Posted by sazon
UPS man brought me Massachusettes made shoes yesterday, via Brooklyn:
Thanks Mike!

Thank you sir, glad that you're pleased with them!

Originally Posted by interlockingny
Sazon, those look terrific.

This may be the first pair of Aldens I have seen on the Trubalance last that may go well with a suit.

Well done, Mike.

Thank you - matching them up with a suit or proper trousers was the plan. As much as I like Commando soles and speed hooks, it makes the boots really casual. With these, you get all the goodness of Cigar Indys, along with the versatility to dress them up.

Originally Posted by nbernie
Mike,
Are the Brixtons and Nat Chromexcels LW going to be available for people who didn't get into the pre order in Sept/Oct? I'm looking to get both but have to save up my cash for then.

PS: you should really some kind of monthly payment plan! haha

Absolutely, we'll certainly have stock available when they drop. If you look at the Ravello boot now, that's the actual remaining inventory that we have coming in. You can place an order for it at anytime, and we'll almost certainly have pairs left when they get delivered.

Originally Posted by krameri
My pair of Streaky Smiths arrived today. $75 shipped for this!? Incredible.

Folks, if you haven't already... go abuse Epaulet with your wallet and grab a pair of the Streaky Smiths for $75 shipped. Cone denim in a unique streaky look. Awesome. At least go look at them.

Thank you Epaulet. Sure wish I could afford to buy it all.

Thank you! Glad that you dig them. That streaky denim is so comfortable too.

Generally, I'd recommend getting the same size in the jeans and the rivet chinos. But you're correct - the jeans do fit a bit slimmer. If you have bigger legs, and the chinos fit you really slim on the thigh, then chances are that you'll find the Smith to be too slim.

But it's tough to say, as guys are very particular about how denim fits. It all depends what you like. I have some customers who come in to the store to try on the jeans. They'll look absolutely painted on, and they'll say "hmm, I just wish that they were slimmer." There's a good chance that they'll generally work for you - it's just a matter of how tight you like to wear them.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Absolutely - submitted an order last week! Full restock of Greycast Indigo & Red, and a new white chambray shirt for the Spring.

Glad to hear about the white chambray, that will be a great shirt, can't wait for it to come out.

I'm curious about the sizing on the OD Rivet chinos compared to the other colors. I know those ran 1" bigger then marked, was that just in the waist or did they run about 1 size bigger in general (including fit through seat, thighs, etc.)? I got a size 33" which fits wonderfully except in the waist where they are certainly a little on the loose side (which is fine, belt fixes that and it helps with the casual feel) and I love them. Thinking of getting a different color once it gets a little warmer and just curious about sizing. The waist is a solid 1" or so big on me, but I love the fit elsewhere, so I'm not sure if I should go with a 33" or 34" in the other colors.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
quick question. did you guys pick up yuketen this season again? if so, when will they be in and can you provide any info on the styles you ordered?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet

ETA on white chambray???

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

We were expecting some pics of new offerings...Any chance you can post here? If not, when will the site have updates?
Thanks
Tracy

brozek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krameri
My pair of Streaky Smiths arrived today. $75 shipped for this!? Incredible.

Folks, if you haven't already... go abuse Epaulet with your wallet and grab a pair of the Streaky Smiths for $75 shipped. Cone denim in a unique streaky look. Awesome. At least go look at them.

Thank you Epaulet. Sure wish I could afford to buy it all.

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...ght-Leg/Detail

I ordered a pair of these earlier this week, and when I called back to check on the status, Mike said, "Are they going to Wisconsin? I think I'm putting the label on your package right now." Awesome service - I love supporting businesses with owners that are so hands-on!

twdawson

Reaction score
any current epaulet promo/ coupon codes? looking to pull the trigger on a purchase but could stand to save a few pennies...

(apologies if i should've posted this in the more general ask a question thread)

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by twdawson
any current epaulet promo/ coupon codes? looking to pull the trigger on a purchase but could stand to save a few pennies... (apologies if i should've posted this in the more general ask a question thread)
They don't do coupon codes, but if you look on their website, you'll find a few items on sale.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And EP's prices are fair and worth the investment. Never been disappointed with a purchase there. Break yourself of the "MOAR Discounts" mentality
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads