Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

any current epaulet promo/ coupon codes? looking to pull the trigger on a purchase but could stand to save a few pennies...

(apologies if i should've posted this in the more general ask a question thread)

It's fine asking this here. The ongoing promotion that Epaulet has is returns for refund for any SF member. They normally only do returns for store credit. That's it.

2. samsterdam

samsterdam Senior member

Pulled the trigger on the Cigar Indys. Beyond excited.

And +1 to whoever's asking for more shirts. Looking forward to the white oxford whenever it drops.

3. scb

scb Senior member

whiskey longwings showed up yesterday. love them. thanks!

4. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

ETA on white chambray???

Seconded. I'm ready to get some heavyweight Rivet Chinos and a white button down. Just waiting for some to show up and order [​IMG]

BTW, got a pair of 28x30 british khaki chinos up for grabs that I'm gonna replace with the heavyweight ones.

5. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Seconded. I'm ready to get some heavyweight Rivet Chinos and a white button down. Just waiting for some to show up and order [​IMG] BTW, got a pair of 28x30 british khaki chinos up for grabs that I'm gonna replace with the heavyweight ones.
    Those heavyweight chinos so freakin' sweet. I wouldn't give up my British khakis for 'em though"”gotta have both. [​IMG]

6. racknac

racknac Senior member

How do the british khakis feel compared tot he gunmetal? I love how soft the gunmetals are...

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

How do the british khakis feel compared tot he gunmetal? I love how soft the gunmetals are...
    OK, I just pulled both pairs out and had my wife do the hand test. She says, "The gunmetal is softer, but they're very close in softness. The difference is pretty miniscule." I agree with her. It almost feels like the gunmetal has a more noticeable nap (if you can even call it that), while the British khakis feel smoother. They're both pretty darned kick-ass. EDIT: I still maintain that, of all the Epaulet chinos I own, the navy rivets are the softest. (This is not counting the Epaulet x Staple chinos, which are probably the softest of any pants I own.) - K

8. racknac

racknac Senior member

OK, I just pulled both pairs out and had my wife do the hand test. She says, "The gunmetal is softer, but they're very close in softness. The difference is pretty miniscule." I agree with her. It almost feels like the gunmetal has a more noticeable nap (if you can even call it that), while the British khakis feel smoother. They're both pretty darned kick-ass.

EDIT: I still maintain that, of all the Epaulet chinos I own, the navy rivets are the softest. (This is not counting the Epaulet x Staple chinos, which are probably the softest of any pants I own.)

- K

what?!?!?! You think the navy rivet chinos are the softest.... WTF.... did they change the fabric on them... I have a pair and they kinda remind me of poplin material.

9. racknac

racknac Senior member

i would say that my herringbone rivet chinos are my softest... but they are sorta light and i feel slightly stretchy. The gunmetals have the perfect combo of weight + softness. Unfortunately I feel like my tailor hemmed them a bit short so now I will be wearing them spring summer when I want to show some ankle/sock.

10. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

what?!?!?! You think the navy rivet chinos are the softest.... WTF.... did they change the fabric on them... I have a pair and they kinda remind me of poplin material. i would say that my herringbone rivet chinos are my softest... but they are sorta light and i feel slightly stretchy. The gunmetals have the perfect combo of weight + softness. Unfortunately I feel like my tailor hemmed them a bit short so now I will be wearing them spring summer when I want to show some ankle/sock.
    Yeah, I think the navy ones are the softest. I remember Mike saying that other chinos are softer than the navy as well. I'm not sure what it is, but those are the softest to me. To get two more objective opinions, I just asked my two sons to rank the softness of all six Epaulet chinos. They both agreed that this is the order (softest on the left to roughest on the right"”apologies for the crappy iPhone pic): [​IMG]
    1. Epaulet x Staple
    2. British khaki
    3. Navy
    4. Gunmetal
    5. Heavyweight stone
    6. Olive drab ripstop
    To my hand, the navy are softer than the British khaki and gunmetal, but all three are pretty close in softness.

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

[​IMG]

awesome collection

i would say that my herringbone rivet chinos are my softest... but they are sorta light and i feel slightly stretchy. The gunmetals have the perfect combo of weight + softness. Unfortunately I feel like my tailor hemmed them a bit short so now I will be wearing them spring summer when I want to show some ankle/sock.

are the herringbone and gunmetal close in color? trying to decide which is my next color purchase

12. racknac

racknac Senior member

^totally different pants... i would say that the herringbone are much darker, almost charcoal color. You really need to get both.

13. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I love the stone color--some day can we get a stone in regular weight? I need a summer pannnttt

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

^totally different pants... i would say that the herringbone are much darker, almost charcoal color. You really need to get both.

cool ok just making sure ... its hard to tell with pics

i may have to get the epaulet x staple chinos but they arent on sale anymore [​IMG]

but i also have the ervell wool pants which look to be the same color as the staple chinos ...

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

It's fine asking this here. The ongoing promotion that Epaulet has is returns for refund for any SF member. They normally only do returns for store credit. That's it.

Spot on. And whenever we do clearance sales (OD Chinos, older Smith Jeans, Seavees), this is the first place where I post them up.

Pulled the trigger on the Cigar Indys. Beyond excited.

And +1 to whoever's asking for more shirts. Looking forward to the white oxford whenever it drops.

Thank you! Oxfords should be about 2 weeks out.

whiskey longwings showed up yesterday. love them. thanks!

Thank you sir!

Yeah, I think the navy ones are the softest. I remember Mike saying that other chinos are softer than the navy as well. I'm not sure what it is, but those are the softest to me.

To get two more objective opinions, I just asked my two sons to rank the softness of all six Epaulet chinos. They both agreed that this is the order (softest on the left to roughest on the right"”apologies for the crappy iPhone pic):

[​IMG]
    1. Epaulet x Staple
    2. British khaki
    3. Navy
    4. Gunmetal
    5. Heavyweight stone
    6. Olive drab ripstop
    To my hand, the navy are softer than the British khaki and gunmetal, but all three are pretty close in softness.

Whoa, this is an awesome collection! Kind of reminds me of this classic:

[​IMG]