• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Des Merrion status or whereabouts?

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
And who is bringing the firearms into Mexico? The US based gangs maybe? Arms are flowing over the border as quickly as illegal immigrants from the other side.. The list of western countries I have given you is a good data base to compare facts. From 0.12% in England to 2.97% is a massive difference.. Do you really want the UK to have the same gun laws than the States?
Lasbar, what I am doing is testing the hypothesis of an inverse relationship between ristrictive gun ownership and the [gun] murder rate. Entirely valid. If you aren't comfortable with Mexico, lets bring thing a little closer to home. Handguns are banned in Luxembourg but not in Belgium, France or Germany, yet the [gun]murder rate is several times higher in Luxembourg. Why? I'll leave you with that.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None of your comparisons work. And, as I said, there's a civil war going on in Mexico. Comparing that country to others is just stupid.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
None of your comparisons work. And, as I said, there's a civil war going on in Mexico. Comparing that country to others is just stupid.

He's got from the GOA...

These guys have no shame...

Guns are big big business in the USA ...

I have read some crap in my life....

I want to compare the US rate with Monaco's...
devil.gif

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oleg, since the N.R.A. Brigade was summoned, its time for you to put your foot in your big mouth

Lasbar, the 2010 Cumbria, England incident was of a firearm licensed English man who went through various hurdles to get his guns lawfully, thus by comparison, I can not agree with you that easy access, in the U.S., contributes to increased firearm violence in comparison to other countries. I respectfully disagree.

But I can't be respectful with Oleg...all he does is throw out cheap remarks to make his wimpy self feel better

Every year, there are over 2 million instances of Americans using firearms in self defense. Whether it be firing at someone, or merely brandishing it.

Face it, none of you would be debating this topic if in fact, you personally were able to use a firearm in self defense against violent criminals. Since almost none of you have, some of your comments suggest a limousine liberal lifestyle of living behind protected glass walls...not reality.

Have a nice day

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's got from the GOA... These guys have no shame... Guns are big big business in the USA ... I have read some crap in my life.... I want to compare the US rate with Monaco's...
devil.gif

Lasbar, I'll take the 'read some crap' statement as an admission that you can't answer my question. Not very impressive, I'm afraid.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Oleg, since the N.R.A. Brigade was summoned, its time for you to put your foot in your big mouth

Lasbar, the 2010 Cumbria, England incident was of a firearm licensed English man who went through various hurdles to get his guns lawfully, thus by comparison, I can not agree with you that easy access, in the U.S., contributes to increased firearm violence in comparison to other countries. I respectfully disagree.

But I can't be respectful with Oleg...all he does is throw out cheap remarks to make his wimpy self feel better

Every year, there are over 2 million instances of Americans using firearms in self defense. Whether it be firing at someone, or merely brandishing it.

Face it, none of you would be debating this topic if in fact, you personally were able to use a firearm in self defense against violent criminals. Since almost none of you have, some of your comments suggest a limousine liberal lifestyle of living behind protected glass walls...not reality.

Have a nice day

I live in a normal neighbourhood and I don't need a gun...

I walk to work and I don't have a champagne lifestyle..

I hope I will never have the need to own a gun in my entire life...

I think only the police and the army must be allowed to have weapons ..

If I was living in the states ,I might have to possess one but it 's not really the best advertisement for American society..

It is actually a scary thought I will need a firearm in my house...

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I was living in the states ,I might have to possess one but it 's not really the best advertisement for American society..

It is actually a scary thought I will need a firearm in my house...

It never ceases to amaze me at how many Brits, moving to Los Angeles, and establish residence (and dual citizenship)...make it a point to train and arm themselves with firearms...since they can not do so back home

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oleg, since the N.R.A. Brigade was summoned, its time for you to put your foot in your big mouth Lasbar, the 2010 Cumbria, England incident was of a firearm licensed English man who went through various hurdles to get his guns lawfully, thus by comparison, I can not agree with you that easy access, in the U.S., contributes to increased firearm violence in comparison to other countries. I respectfully disagree. But I can't be respectful with Oleg...all he does is throw out cheap remarks to make his wimpy self feel better Every year, there are over 2 million instances of Americans using firearms in self defense. Whether it be firing at someone, or merely brandishing it. Face it, none of you would be debating this topic if in fact, you personally were able to use a firearm in self defense against violent criminals. Since almost none of you have, some of your comments suggest a limousine liberal lifestyle of living behind protected glass walls...not reality. Have a nice day
It's hard to find a consistent correlation between gun ownership and violent crimes internationally. You have some countries that have low gun ownership but high gun related crime, high gun ownership and low gun related crime &c. These are easy statistics to check. What is consistent though... I don't own a gun by the way, never have...
smile.gif

AncientSoul

Reaction score

I think only the police and the army must be allowed to have weapons ..

You are not alone, Kim Jong-il believes the same.
devil.gif

It is actually a scary thought I will need a firearm in my house

You have just said the magic words. If a gun hating guy like you will think about owning a gun in America then just imagine what a gun lover would do?

Also, it is quite arrogant for a European to make a stink about guns in the U.S, a country whose very foundation was laid by armed citizens against the well armed military of the king.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AncientSoul
Also, it is quite arrogant for a European to make a stink about guns in the U.S, a country whose very foundation was laid by armed citizens against the well armed military of the king.

Oh, baloney. "...a decent respect to the opinions of mankind..."

Will you boys take this to Cesspool where it belongs?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
YES! I am convinced. The world really would be a better, safer place if everybody carried guns everywhere they went.

Thanks guys! It's been a good thread.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
YES! I am convinced. The world really would be a better, safer place if everybody carried guns everywhere they went.

Thanks guys! It's been a good thread.

Bleachboy...that's the spirit.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy

If everyone carried assorted bombs everwhere they went, I presume, the world would be even a better place.
crackup[1].gif

.....that's the spirit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads