1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Des Merrion status or whereabouts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PITAronin, Jan 26, 2011.

1. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

Gentlemen (esp those residing in England) - I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know (PM is fine) about whether Des has resolved his legal issues and has returned to work. He and I have unfinished business related to a suit and none of the contact info I have for him seems to be working, emails not being responded to, etc.

Thanks

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

So the data on his web site is incorrect/no longer in use?

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Last I heard he was in prison.

4. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

If I had a dollar....

oh well nevermind

5. Kingstonian

Kingstonian Senior member

You could contact him via Formby on the Film Noir Buff website if his website fails :-

Gentlemen,

Des Merrion has now been released and is back tailoring. Whilst he is getting himself re-established he has informed me that discounts are available for new and existing customers.

He is contactable by e-mail through his website and if you wish to contact him by phone PM me and I will give you his contact details.

http://www.desmerrion.com/

Last edited by formby (2010-09-15 12:18:38)

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Last I heard he was in prison.

Was he illegally smuggling firearms into England?

7. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

According to the press, yes. Apparently he's since been released, though. I hadn't been aware of that.

8. Sator

Sator Senior member

9. greger

greger Senior member

If the government makes illegal laws against its citizens it can claim anything against it citizens and do anything as they did with him. What is England? A third world country masquerading as something better?

10. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

If the government makes illegal laws against its citizens it can claim anything against it citizens and do anything as they did with him. What is England? A third world country masquerading as something better?

So true. Its completely harmless for someone to illegaly import a firearm for personal use.

EDITED: As per the article cited below.

11. greger

greger Senior member

So true. Its completely harmless for someone to import a sawed-off shotgun for personal use.

Not what I heard as to why he spent time somewhere from home.

12. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Not what I heard as to why he spent time somewhere from home.

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/...l/article.html

I was mistaken - he was illegaly importing a Ruger .22, but was also charged with owning a sawn-off shotgun.

I have nothing against Des, and I'm sure he's an ok guy and a competant tailor. But lets not pretend that he was blameless, and an innocent victim of a silly and archaic government law.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

wow. anyone care to give a summary of what happened?

14. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Yes, he was completey at fault and got what he deserved. Though, he's now out and that should be the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

15. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

If anything these are character traits of a tailor I would love to patronize. Who doesn't own a sawed off shotgun, best home defense possible (loaded with buckshot).

16. greger

greger Senior member

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/...l/article.html

I was mistaken - he was illegaly importing a Ruger .22, but was also charged with owning a sawn-off shotgun.

I have nothing against Des, and I'm sure he's an ok guy and a competant tailor. But lets not pretend that he was blameless, and an innocent victim of a silly and archaic government law.

Don't know what he is. The Ruger .22 I heard was missing pieces so it didn't work. What legal rights does a government have? And what are not rights that government legally can not have? What rights to people have and not have over other people? These are fair questions.

There are evil people in this world and governments can not always be there to protect. Is it right for government to take away your own protection when it can't be there to protect you? The law of logic says that government or the people can not take away your right to protect your self when you are innocent and in need of protection. Since government can not know when it can not protect you, then they can not prevent you from owning guns that will do the job. Logic says that it is illegal for government to prevent you from protecting yourself with a gun when government can not protect you. Therefore government has no right to prevent you from owning the guns you need to protect yourself and family. Your silliness is dangerous. Look at all those thousands of prostitutes on the internet where there 3 week job ends with them dead. None of them have faith in government anymore. I think the logic above proves you are wrong and the fact of all of those prostitutes proves you deadly wrong and that your silliness is full of murder and has killed more people than gun owners. In one week how many young in the prime of life will be dead from pimps? And how many will be dead from citizens gun owners? Clearly thousands of people are not murdered every day from guns. What is government doing about pimps? Want to know - the answer is almost nothing. The proof of that is look at all the thousands of websites. Even in your own neighborhood there probably are pimps. And your afraid of guns when your wife and daughter should be caring one. It is amazing how backwards educated people can become.

17. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

Don't know what he is. The Ruger .22 I heard was missing pieces so it didn't work. What legal rights does a government have? And what are not rights that government legally can not have? What rights to people have and not have over other people? These are fair questions. There are evil people in this world and governments can not always be there to protect. Is it right for government to take away your own protection when it can't be there to protect you? The law of logic says that government or the people can not take away your right to protect your self when you are innocent and in need of protection. Since government can not know when it can not protect you, then they can not prevent you from owning guns that will do the job. Logic says that it is illegal for government to prevent you from protecting yourself with a gun when government can not protect you. Therefore government has no right to prevent you from owning the guns you need to protect yourself and family. Your silliness is dangerous. Look at all those thousands of prostitutes on the internet where there 3 week job ends with them dead. None of them have faith in government anymore. I think the logic above proves you are wrong and the fact of all of those prostitutes proves you deadly wrong and that your silliness is full of murder and has killed more people than gun owners. In one week how many young in the prime of life will be dead from pimps? And how many will be dead from citizens gun owners? Clearly thousands of people are not murdered every day from guns. What is government doing about pimps? Want to know - the answer is almost nothing. The proof of that is look at all the thousands of websites. Even in your own neighborhood there probably are pimps. And your afraid of guns when your wife and daughter should be caring one. It is amazing how backwards educated people can become.
    Whoa whoa whoa there. You sure are concerned about pimps. You want to talk about it?

18. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

^^ Are you drunk, greger? On drugs? Geez! [​IMG]

19. jamesbond

jamesbond Senior member

Was he selling these guns on the black market or something? Whats the big deal if the guy kept a shotgun in his house?

20. greger

greger Senior member

All ready talked about it.

unfortunately, there is to much truth in it.

There are more things to be concerned about than guns, and government needs to put money to getting rid of real crimes and not waste our money on pretend crimes.

It seems like so many "men" are afraid of guns in Europe anymore. Don't they have real men over there, anymore?