• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Question for those who have bought and sold Vass in B&S forum. If I buy pair of U last from Vass store or SF proxy, and the fit doesn't work out, how easy to unload at break even at B&S?

Omega Man

Reaction score
It depends on a lot of things: price, model, last, size and colour etc. You will probably get less (but not much less) than what you paid for. Members on this forum are quite picky and they are educated shoppers!

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
i find the 3636 very graceful myself.

I think it could be a lot worse, but the Alt Wien pattern I got mine in tends to exaggerate the shortness and width. That could also be less of a problem in smaller sizes. I would guess that a Budapester or Norweger on 3636 would tend to be more elegant.

btw, how did your balint experience went.

Heilege scheisse! Lovely work (after these 13 months), and if I read the invoice correctly, Balint 2.0 will be less expensive now that they have a last in residence.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken
Actually, I believe I am the owner of said shoes. Love 'em too! Thanks again, Kolecho.

sorry but those are mine;-)

VassBerks3.jpg

Originally Posted by kolecho
The question is: do you still have them?
laugh.gif

yes these are in limbo at the minute

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Concordia
I think it could be a lot worse, but the Alt Wien pattern I got mine in tends to exaggerate the shortness and width. That could also be less of a problem in smaller sizes. I would guess that a Budapester or Norweger on 3636 would tend to be more elegant.
actually, i don't own any vash, though i have quite a number made up in the alt wien pattern, which is my favorite style and a signature model of e.g. mr. kiss. a wingtip or a norweger more elegant on the 3636. not sure about that.
Heilege scheisse! Lovely work (after these 13 months), and if I read the invoice correctly, Balint 2.0 will be less expensive now that they have a last in residence.
that's wonderful. congratulations. wear them in good health.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
actually, i don't own any vash, though i have quite a number made up in the alt wien pattern, which is my favorite style and a signature model of e.g. mr. kiss.

I do like the Alt Wien pattern in general. And I liked it enough in the 3636 to buy it. It's just that now that I have worn it for a bit, I find that the seam of the cap and the brogueing on the toe emphasize the least flattering or interesting parts of that last, at least as seen from above.

Other more traditional Wieners (such as on the Vass Budapest, or on Koronya's modified Budapest last) have a little more vigor. And the more English-looking ones (e.g., several at Balint) are quite elegant. It's really the combination of this particular cut and last, combined perhaps with my shoe size, taste in trouser cuffs, and perspective from 6 feet up.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

alright, i really appreciate that you took your time for an expanded explanation of the characteristics.

that's what at least is it for me what cuts the mustard.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
Still can't get over how nice those p2 norwegians are. If i hadn't pre-ordered an ungodly amount of alden shell recently, i'd so be getting those on this order
frown.gif

+1 Great shoe Banis. I've got the same on order but in 6319 cognac . Similar colour. The Vass Norweger in P2 is unique and classic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads