• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree, but i was thinking a hot soak might shrink it just right. On the other hand, I can't get over the back pockets. So if anyone is looking for a super cheap pair of Rockers, just check my sig. I'll sell them for how much I paid plus shipping.

It's a shame too, because everything they said about this denim is true. Fantastic quality.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
So I had a nice little surprise when I got home today. Any thoughts on the fit pics?
KMWRocker001.jpg
KMWRocker002.jpg
KMWRocker003.jpg

Doesn't seem to fit at all. :/

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience sizing down 1 on the 1950s? I'm debating picking up a pair from Blue Owl and won't be able to try them on. The measurements seem right for me (accounting for a little stretch in the waist over time), but I was hoping to hear about someone else's actual experience. How's the fit in the legs? I'm definitely looking for a slim fit and not so much a classic fit. Thanks fellas.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Usually you are suppose to slim down b/c they stretch out. 1950 u are looking at a straight leg, not a slim, even with sizing down one.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That's basically what I figured until I saw this from a few pages into this thread (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=32092&page=7). A few people responded saying that sizing down 1 gives you a slim fit like the first pic below, which is what I'm looking for. Of course I don't know if any of these people have actually bought a pair sized down or if they're just guessing, which is why I was hoping to find at least one person with actual experience. I'd be getting a size 29, which makes them pretty slim (leg opening is 7.75"), but they're from the Blue Owl deadstock thread so they're non-returnable. Ah, dilemmas...

Originally Posted by avery
that was me who asked for the sale. i wanted to buy some 1950's after i saw this picture:

915.jpg

this one makes them look like a nice fitted straight leg with a bit of taper. this is what i'd be looking for. however, these two stock photos from revolve and denimbar make them look plain baggy. which picture is the most realistic representation of the fit?

KMW-MJ1_V1.jpg

C1583F3E72.jpg

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Revolve pic is totally exaggerated--they would only look like that in the wrong size. I own 1950s, sized down one (31)--meaning i bought them to stretch to my true waist of 32". They are a straight fit but not baggy or loose. So often people seem to think straight fit means sloppy. I love the fit on these, and w/ slightly bigger thighs these fit great w/out being too loose.

I think in that smaller size you would def have a slim/straight leg cut. not a lot of taper and not a super slim thigh, but a nice classic cut. My two cents.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, when is KMW going to again bring out some non-denim gear? Spring, I hope?

cbusguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
^That's basically what I figured until I saw this from a few pages into this thread (http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=32092&page=7). A few people responded saying that sizing down 1 gives you a slim fit like the first pic below, which is what I'm looking for. Of course I don't know if any of these people have actually bought a pair sized down or if they're just guessing, which is why I was hoping to find at least one person with actual experience. I'd be getting a size 29, which makes them pretty slim (leg opening is 7.75"), but they're from the Blue Owl deadstock thread so they're non-returnable. Ah, dilemmas...

thats me in the first picture-- i sized down 1 to a 29 and they fit pretty slim. i really liked them and would buy them again.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ritchee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
Anyone have any experience sizing down 1 on the 1950s? I'm debating picking up a pair from Blue Owl and won't be able to try them on. The measurements seem right for me (accounting for a little stretch in the waist over time), but I was hoping to hear about someone else's actual experience. How's the fit in the legs? I'm definitely looking for a slim fit and not so much a classic fit. Thanks fellas.

I'm usually a 34W but sized down 1 on the 1950s to a 33W and they fit fine on the waist. But I wouldn't call them a slim fit in the legs.

blake

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james_timothy
So, when is KMW going to again bring out some non-denim gear? Spring, I hope?

that is not really their focus for now. They will have a loop wheeler sweatshirt that they will offer for next fall along with some leather goods. As far as I know, they do not have any collection plans for now.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their business plan boggles me. The non-denim stuff went over extremely well before the exodus. They always had fabric quality on lock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads