• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KMW — believe the hype

skywalker

Reaction score
seems like only Blue Owl has KMW, and other's stock hasn't been replenished. Anyone know of well stocked websites for rockers.

blklblk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skywalker
seems like only Blue Owl has KMW, and other's stock hasn't been replenished. Anyone know of well stocked websites for rockers.

We just got a replenishment of the 1950 and 1980 in raw and rinsed.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skywalker

Bad news on Rockers for this season, production issues and were not made in last run. We have indigo and black on order for near future. Hopefully we will have them prior to fall collection, but the latest will be mid-August.

There may be a couple store out there with older inventory, you will just have to ask around for your size. We have a few sizes left from last season.

bob99

Reaction score
I looked at some KMW's at Dutil in Vancouver this weekend. Unfortunately it seems like they're not doing the one side red / one side blue selvedge any more. Does anyone know why? I always liked that look, but it seems like they've changed.

StevenisWhere

Reaction score
Rockers bought in August 2010, so 9months, about 3 washes I think. My friend randomly took some pictures of me haha so I thought I'd put them up

IMAG0452.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kicking Mule Workshop:

KMW1111.jpg

Kicking Mule Workshop belts are now available in all 3 colors. We just received a new shipment and are now fully stocked in all sizes of natural and dark brown, black is available for special order.

KMW1112.jpg

KMW's English Saddle leather belt with hand-forged brass buckle are hand-crafted by Japanese artisans. The leather originates in the USA as cowhide and is hand selected for its unique qualities and characters. Then is shipped to Japan where artisans use ancient methods of hand dipping, sun drying, and vegetable tanning. Fish oil is added during the tanning process, a very old Japanese technique for finishing leather. The result is a heavy duty, thick, beautifully crafted leather belt which with wear will continue to develop unique characteristics and patina that is far more beautiful than any dyed leather. Available in natural, dark brown, or black. Black will be available in near future.

Available via special order:
Kicking Mule Workshop Hand-Crafted English Saddle Leather Belt with Hand-Forged Brass Buckle in Black
- 100% cowhide
- Sizes 32, 34, 36
- Made in Japan
7995402.1b.jpg
7995402.2b.jpg

7995402.3b.jpg
7995402.4b.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995402

Restocked and currently available in all sizes:
Kicking Mule Workshop Hand-Crafted English Saddle Leather Belt with Hand-Forged Brass Buckle in Natural
- 100% cowhide
- Sizes 32, 34, 36
- Made in Japan
kmw2.jpg
kmw3.jpg

kmw4.jpg
kmw5.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995401

Restocked and currently available in all sizes:
Kicking Mule Workshop Hand-Crafted English Saddle Leather Belt with Hand-Forged Brass Buckle in Dark Brown
- 100% cowhide
- Sizes 32, 34, 36
- Made in Japan
kmw7.jpg
kmw8.jpg

kmw9.jpg
kmw10.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995400

For more information on the KMW belt in black, check out our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...king-mule.html.

deaddog

Reaction score
I have the KMW 1950 in size 36 which fit well although a bit big. I'm looking at some Naked + Famous Slim Guy in size 34 which appear to have the same measurements as my 1950's. Has anybody worn both of these (the 1950 and the Slim Guy) and can comment on whether this seems correct that a tagged size small in the N+F yields a similar fit to the 1950s.
thanks

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scb
hmm...natural or dark brown belt?

also, my waist is ~33 inches. 32 or 34? measurements here seem to say a 32 will work:

http://kickingmuleworkshop.com/shop/leather/styles/belt

You are a size 34 belt. Add 1 or 2 to your usual denm size.

Originally Posted by deaddog
I have the KMW 1950 in size 36 which fit well although a bit big. I'm looking at some Naked + Famous Slim Guy in size 34 which appear to have the same measurements as my 1950's. Has anybody worn both of these (the 1950 and the Slim Guy) and can comment on whether this seems correct that a tagged size small in the N+F yields a similar fit to the 1950s.
thanks

N&F slim guy 34 should be 36" at the waist line brand new before stretch, KMW 1950 36 should be 37" at the waist line brand new before stretch. It is logical that the 34 slim guy is your fit and you went with KMW 36 because 35 is not offered which would most likely be your size.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kicking Mule Workshop Fall 2011 Deliveries: 1980 Raw Indigo
7991500.8b.JPG
Back in stock! Our recent delivery from KMW brings us the 1980 "Left Hand Twill" slim straight denim. The fabric is a 13.75oz left hand twill made with 100% Zimbabwe cotton, rope dyed with natural indigo, and custom made by denim artisans in Okayama, Japan.
7991500.7b.JPG
Left hand twill, also known as "s twill", is a weave in which the grain line runs from the top-left hand corner of the fabric to the bottom right which is the opposite of right hand twill. It was originally used by Lee denim as its basic denim and now used in many premium denim companies such as 45rpm, Lee Japan, and Kicking Mule Workshop. Left hand twill tends to wear down softer than right hand twill and thus a softer hand feel after washing. Left hand twill will also have different wear patterns as the fabric can emphasize streakiness or vertical fading. KMW "Left Hand Twill" 1980 Raw Selvedge Slim Straight in Indigo
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7991500
- The fabric is a 13.75oz left hand twill Japanese raw selvedge custom made for KMW by artisans in Okayama, Japan. The fabric has been rope dyed in pure natural indigo and is made from 100% organic Zimbabwe cotton.
- Sanforized fabric, expect minimal shrinkage
- Deer skin patch
- Chainstitched hems and waist band
- Hidden back pocket rivets
- Satin nickel hand-hammered rivets
- Satin nickel doughnut buttons
- White selvedge
- Selvedge detail on front coin pocket and along the interior fly
- Back pockets reinforced with pima lining
- 100% organic Zimbabwe cotton
- Made in Japan
7991500.1b.JPG
7991500.2b.jpg

7991500.11b.JPG
7991500.9b.JPG
More information can be seen on our recent blog post, http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2011/08/kicking-mule-workshop-left-hand-twill.html.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kicking Mule Workshop Fall 2011 Deliveries: Hand-Crafted Belts
KMW1111.jpg

Kicking Mule Workshop belts are now available in all 3 colors. We just received a new shipment and are now fully stocked in all sizes of natural, dark brown, and black.

KMW1112.jpg

KMW's English Saddle leather belt with hand-forged brass buckle are hand-crafted by Japanese artisans. The leather originates in the USA as cowhide and is hand selected for its unique qualities and characters. Then is shipped to Japan where artisans use ancient methods of hand dipping, sun drying, and vegetable tanning. Fish oil is added during the tanning process, a very old Japanese technique for finishing leather. The result is a heavy duty, thick, beautifully crafted leather belt which with wear will continue to develop unique characteristics and patina that is far more beautiful than any dyed leather. Available in black, natural, and dark brown. Kicking Mule Workshop Hand-Crafted English Saddle Leather Belt with Hand-Forged Brass Buckle in Black
- 100% cowhide
- Sizes 32, 34, 36
- Made in Japan
7995402.1b.jpg
7995402.2b.jpg

7995402.3b.jpg
7995402.4b.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995402 Kicking Mule Workshop Hand-Crafted English Saddle Leather Belt with Hand-Forged Brass Buckle in Natural
- 100% cowhide
- Sizes 32, 34, 36
- Made in Japan
kmw2.jpg
kmw3.jpg

kmw4.jpg
kmw5.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995401- 100% cowhide
- Sizes 32, 34, 36
- Made in Japan
kmw7.jpg
kmw8.jpg

kmw9.jpg
kmw10.jpg

Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7995400

For more information on the KMW belt in black, check out our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...king-mule.html.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't usually post other eBay auctions, and this one ends soon, but killer deal on some 1980s, 31x34. eBay item 270874263100.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the last pair of Indigo Raw 1980s in a store today that were on sale, but they only had a sz 29x34

So.... when I tried them on in the dressing room they were super tight (I'm about a true 31 waist right now, maybe a 30.5 in the mornings, heh).

I could get the first two buttons done, but not the top two

Should I just try to drop an inch in the waist (via more time in the gym, etc) and wear these to make them stretch, or does this sound like too much to ask for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads