• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NY Times Article on StyleForum

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
uhoh.gif
frown.gif

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I only came to know SF when many of the better posters left Ask Andy. I reall began to miss them until I discovered that most had come here. Now so many of them have left SF ... where are they going this time? I'm feeling abandonded once again. Is it time to move on?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I came to SF in 2007 after getting annoyed with the GQ forum. I lurked there on occasion for about a year without ever posting. The posts were sometimes entertaining but never with much useful information. A GQ poster mentioned this site, I Googled it, clicked on it, and have been here ever since then.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Whats the next publication to get a SF interview? (my schedule is clear when necessary, btw).
I'm one of the few "old-timers" left. Might be time to call it a night.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I'm one of the few "old-timers" left. Might be time to call it a night.

You cant retire until you get at least 10k posts. Thats how the old guard has been going down lately.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
[...]In fairness to him, I only know of one time when he shared his opinion of Teh Joos (control all media, plotting world domination, you know, the obvious). IIRC he got 2 or 3 posts in before the mods noticed it, and that was the end of that. He never did get to finally present the research that would astound us all on wheatgrass and midstream.
[...]

It was probably motivated by good old-fashioned earlobe envy...

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I only came to know SF when many of the better posters left Ask Andy. I reall began to miss them until I discovered that most had come here. Now so many of them have left SF ... where are they going this time? I'm feeling abandonded once again. Is it time to move on?

I also notice that are few interesting discussions these days. Perhaps they are on hiatus and that's the optimistic view.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
I also notice that are few interesting discussions these days. Perhaps they are on hiatus and that's the optimistic view.
feel free to start one....

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
[
Originally Posted by Matt
I remember when this site and Andy's site used to be basically the same. Same members same content etc etc....just that they were both unstable, so we used to jump between the boards based on which one was down today
laugh.gif

and also that time sf crashed and andy was gracious enough to put up a temporary sf thread for us refugees in aaac.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
and also that time sf crashed and andy was gracious enough to put up a temporary sf thread for us refugees in aaac.
we have Brad to thank for that. Was pretty funny. SF went down, we all hit AAAC en masse, started posting in the thick of that site's Trad phase (most trad dog anyone?), for the most part we were all trying to participate, fit in with the differing tone of that site and differing discussions. Then Bradford starts a thread "Your favorite hoodie"... the response of the board was hilarious, as they found hoodie discussion in there among the Madras pant worship - totally like There Goes The Neighbourhood - and pretty promptly thereafter, we had ourselves a refugee camp to keep our filthy faded jeans away from their freshly pressed cuffed khakis
laugh.gif
Still, was super cool of them to put us up over there, the sites aren't as close as they used to be, but really appreciate the help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads