• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NY Times Article on StyleForum

Aaron01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Which is why I asked why they dont do a follow up.... and a coupla things are different now....
confused.gif

Styluminati doesn't want the press...

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Styluminati doesn't want the press...

We probably really don't want the press....

Anyone with a genuine interest is probably going to find this place pretty quick since posts tend to show up in the first set of google results for any number of clothing related searches...a NYT article is just going to bring a flood of people who want to talk about their true religions and get pissed off when someone tells them that their kenneth coles are crap.

Geezer

Reaction score
"These sites seem to speak to a demographic other than young city-dwelling grooming enthusiasts "” those wishing to rescue the arena of men's haberdashery from the feminizing influence of the new men's shopping magazines like Cargo. The posters on these sites seek to distinguish themselves as connoisseurs of clothing rather than followers of fashion."

This sums up why, after a lot of lurking, I decided to join and lurk, and then occasionally post.

That and the snark.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
I thought they were Stylopus Dei...
laugh.gif

Only Manton...
wink.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I joined in April 2007 (5 years in) seems I was #5,864 to join. Kinda fun to look back and see who else joined that month. By post totals:

TheKunk07 14,700+
SoCal2NYC 12,100+
Mark from Plano 8,200+
GoSurface 8,200+
Southern-Nupe 3,500+
yfyf 3,300+
distinctive 3,000+
bmulford 2,900+

Interestingly, two people joined that month that aren't all that active anymore, but are noteworthy, MK who is the head guy over at FedoraLounge, but apparently hasn't been on here since 2008 and Midnight Blue who is the author of www.blacktieguide.com and still pops his head in here from time to time.

I'm in pretty good company it seems.

cold war painter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Yes, that Shoo-ie on FNB is a number one A-hole. He's demonstrated time and time again he knows nothing. Bet he was raised in the Outback.

In all fairness to outback-dwelling Aussies - while they may not be the sharpest pencils in the box, they are usually not piss-drinking women-beating mentalists.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
What's up with all the members who have their last visit in 1969?
eh.gif

I suppose its alter egos that have since been retired. For example, J is the high 200's. That tells us that J as we know him didnt evolve until a little down the line despite him having started the forum. EDIT: Of course that unix posix crap can also be another reason ;-)

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
U guys failed to mention teh Geek
ahem:
Originally Posted by Matt
others still around include Ambulance Chaser, Manton and GQGeek
Originally Posted by FIHTies
I remember when the NYT article hit and membership shot up. Used to be that a post stayed on the home page for days. Thats all changed.
I remember when this site and Andy's site used to be basically the same. Same members same content etc etc....just that they were both unstable, so we used to jump between the boards based on which one was down today
laugh.gif
The Australian Guy was Marc37 I believe, (Not to be confused with Marc237). He prided himself in knocking down a woman store owner who dissed him and additionally posted anti Semitic comments regularly.
In fairness to him, I only know of one time when he shared his opinion of Teh Joos (control all media, plotting world domination, you know, the obvious). IIRC he got 2 or 3 posts in before the mods noticed it, and that was the end of that. He never did get to finally present the research that would astound us all on wheatgrass and midstream.
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
What's up with all the members who have their last visit in 1969?
eh.gif

I believe it relates to the unix time thing above and to people who were members before the great crash and never returned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads