• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

well-kept

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andrew W
The Russian raindeer hides had a distinct smell of birch from their tanning. They're also prized by collectors for upholstering their chairs from the period.

The Metropolitan Museum in NYC has an 18th Century chair with its ORIGINAL Russian calf upholstery. At 250 years old the leather is incredibly beautiful in color and texture. Third floor, American Wing.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
This is me exactly most of this week. My Cheaney boots have seen a lot of snow and mush since Monday.
Mine have been subjected to snowy walks or bicycle rides almost daily for the last month or so. They seem to hold up great.

Originally Posted by kev777
How do you find them ?? Sizing ok?
I think the pebble grain is perfect for this kind of boot. As for sizing, I would say the the last is comparable to C&J's 341, but noticeably roomier. I don't know if I could have sized down half a size, but going with my usual size the Cheaney's can definitely accommodate a thick pair of wool socks.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Groover
Wow!
Luk-Cha, are both those pictures the 200 yr old reindeer leather? I recognise the familiar pattern from the top picture but not the second shot. A while back i did have some cufflinks made from an off cut. I've often thought about a pair, but not sure if the finish/texture is for me. There's something about it I'm just not sure about. I think perhaps I need to take a trip to London to see some in the flesh, seeing a completed shoe will convince me either way.
Happy new year to all, now lets see some pics!!
cheers.gif

yes both pictures are of that dry, crispy old 200yo RR - awesome color and texture and the smell is great for keeping the moths away.

TG i am sure only gave me a bit from the edge, whihc was big enough (just) to make into a credit card wallet, but even then i would be concerned over the long term integrity of the leather as shoes

great story but i am not sure it is worth the extra $$$$

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grammaton Cleric
Nice - those are new I assume?

well taken care of

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by txeconomist
Those look great mac, shoes and socks. Just when I dont think I need anything.

thank you

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
34fem9x.jpg

cigar ptb

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
yes both pictures are of that dry, crispy old 200yo RR - awesome color and texture and the smell is great for keeping the moths away.

TG i am sure only gave me a bit from the edge, whihc was big enough (just) to make into a credit card wallet, but even then i would be concerned over the long term integrity of the leather as shoes

great story but i am not sure it is worth the extra $$$$

My concerns also. I think maybe the myth & legend clouds the reality, but without seeing the completed item it's difficult to say.

There was a thread & pictures around here or AAAC at one point, I wonder if those are holding up?

chatty

Reaction score
I got these a couple weeks ago through Leffot. Ordered MTO Rider boots to get me through the winter. Shell cordovan and pebble grain combo with a dainite sole.

Fit well and are really durable as I wore them trudging through the blizzard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads