• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i10casual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
it's anarchy every day this week."
Thanks to Adele for taking the time to get me a tracking number. Pretty cool to do during a crazy week. I should be so good to my customers.
tounge.gif

lpounds

Reaction score
Originally Posted by i10casual
Thanks to Adele for taking the time to get me a tracking number. Pretty cool to do during a crazy week. I should be so good to my customers.
tounge.gif

+1 on this. She has been awesome through my consecutive returns.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike, any plans for grey denim in the future? I'm dreaming about a pair with a similar texture to your kurabo black selvage. I look for excuses to wear them because they are the most comfortable pants I have ever owned.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Yes. Lots of comic books. Unfortunately I've run out of space in my closet so they go in my little hall. I need to get rid of a lot of stuff before I can store them out of sight again.

Wow, you keep them still? I gave up on that years ago when the collectors market bottomed out. These days I only keep the ones I want to reread.

Oh and great fit. I want to get a pair soon.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nineohtoo
Here's some fit pics for you guys. Sorry they're a little dark, I thought my camera handled dynamic range a little better. I'm 5'6", 135lbs, and my waist measures 29".

Rivet Chinos. I was smart and washed these cold the first time to get any shrinking out of em. Had them hemmed to 30". I really love how these fit and feel, and wear them almost all the time when I'm not wearing my work uniform.

Smiths. Cone Mills, not Kurabo. I was in a rush to start wearing these so I went and had them hemmed to a 31" to account for an inch in shrinking, but after soak and dry, these ended up a 28.5". It seems to look just fine with some proper shoes, and it looks fine with my boots. These were really loose when I got em in the mail, it didn't feel anything at all like the Rivet Chinos. After the soak, they feel awfully similar minus the higher rise on the Smiths.

Any thoughts?

Hey, thanks so much for posting the photos! Fit looks great on both pieces. And I dig that comic book storage - it's hardcore!

Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
Mike,

I heard my roommate stopped by. Don't believe anything she said.
patch[1].gif

Oh yeah, we were having a little party when they came by. They rolled really well with our beer drinking and the Bone Thugz n' Harmony Pandora station. It was cool meeting her!

Originally Posted by chenzhongbi
I carefully read this thread after the page where Mike annouced the realease of sportcoats. Where are they now?

We've got 'em - they'll be online this week!

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
persuaded my cousin to pick up his first pair of raws ... i believe he got the streakys for 75

i know mike will take care of him
smile.gif

Thank you sir!

tounge.gif

Originally Posted by lpounds
+1 on this. She has been awesome through my consecutive returns.

Thanks so much guys - and thanks for your patience. I know that we fell a little bit behind with all the last minute holiday wilding, and it's a privilege to have customers as understanding as you two. Things should be quiet this week - especially considering the biblical snowstorm that we had in NYC - so we'll be caught up on any open issues ASAP.

Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
Mike, any plans for grey denim in the future? I'm dreaming about a pair with a similar texture to your kurabo black selvage. I look for excuses to wear them because they are the most comfortable pants I have ever owned.

Good question, I was actually looking into that.

If I was to make a Grey Smith, would you guys care if it wasn't selvedge? Kurabo carries a fantastic mid-grey tone, but it's only non-selvedge. As a bonus, the price could probably be $125 on them, as each jean uses much less denim.

Originally Posted by dls6128
Is there room in the rivet chinos to make room in the waist/seat?

Unfortunately no - the Rivet Chinos can only be taken in. Walt & Rudy trousers can be let out up to 1.5" in the waist.

pistolero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Good question, I was actually looking into that.

If I was to make a Grey Smith, would you guys care if it wasn't selvedge? Kurabo carries a fantastic mid-grey tone, but it's only non-selvedge. As a bonus, the price could probably be $125 on them, as each jean uses much less denim.

I would be all over this.

i10casual

Reaction score
Taking a quick work break. Just received my 403's in the post and thought I'd take a photo. They are about true to color on the areas the flash didn't hit. My navy work pants are all faded from the flash.

Sizing. I wear a 9US in a dress shoe and clarks, 9.5 in adidas soccer shoes, even though I have a narrow foot. These 8.5 are perfect length and enough room on the sides to accommodate my swollen feet at the end of the day. Cheers Epaulet! what else ya got?

Alden-new.jpg

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

Thanks for letting me get on the Alden longwing preorder. Looking forward to getting them around my birthday in September.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Taking a quick work break. Just received my 403's in the post and thought I'd take a photo. They are about true to color on the areas the flash didn't hit. My navy work pants are all faded from the flash. Sizing. I wear a 9US in a dress shoe and clarks, 9.5 in adidas soccer shoes, even though I have a narrow foot. These 8.5 are perfect length and enough room on the sides to accommodate my swollen feet at the end of the day. Cheers Epaulet! what else ya got?
Thanks for posting the photo, and really glad that you're pleased with them!
Originally Posted by Mr.K
Mike, Thanks for letting me get on the Alden longwing preorder. Looking forward to getting them around my birthday in September.
Thank you! And thanks for your patience, I know that it took a while to get that sorted out. We appreciate it!
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
This would be a hit Mike! Selvage doesn't matter to me at all.
Cool, I'll look into that. Got an LA trip planned in the next few weeks, so we'll bounce around a bunch of denim ideas there.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads