Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

God damn it.

somebody else did a shirt with that fabric this past f/w. can't remember who at this point. it happens.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sucks..but why, praytell, were you on hottopic.com?

Yes, Alex, why were you? Picking up a new My Chemical Romance tote bag? Maybe a Ramones metal lunch box?

Edit - is it obvious through my non-funny references that I have little to no idea what Hot Topic sells?

somebody else did a shirt with that fabric this past f/w. can't remember who at this point. it happens.

Naked & Famous did it with that fabric last year.

It has a similar color tone to our "Exploded Check," but it's actually a lightweight and semi-shitty cotton twill. Ours is a Pima Cotton flannel. Post O'Alls and Left Field used the same exact fabric as us.

3. APK

APK Senior member

Sucks..but why, praytell, were you on hottopic.com?

I just read online that two of the three HT stores in the tri-city area are closing by the end of the first quarter in 2011 and will be having closeout sales. I was scouring the website for their vinyl, since the HT stores around here aren't bad for some of the more landmark rap albums on wax.

4. Epaulet

5. justtemple

justtemple Senior member

Yes, Alex, why were you? Picking up a new My Chemical Romance tote bag? Maybe a Ramones metal lunch box?

Edit - is it obvious through my non-funny references that I have little to no idea what Hot Topic sells?

pretty sure you are spot on homie

It has a similar color tone to our "Exploded Check," but it's actually a lightweight and semi-shitty cotton twill. Ours is a Pima Cotton flannel. Post O'Alls and Left Field used the same exact fabric as us.

That's who I was thinking of!

6. APK

APK Senior member

*would totally carry his lunch in a Ramones lunch box*

I'm not too upset about it, since the fit of the copycats haven't been flattering. The Post O's version looks weird because of the pockets.

The Epaulet iteration remains my most worn shirt. Just wore it last night, in fact.

7. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Good question on why our man was on hot topic haha. You got some 'splainin' to do APK [​IMG]

What up, JT! I believe Shipley & Halmos and Post Overalls had similar fabrics after the Epaulet folks.

8. APK

APK Senior member

Good question on why our man was on hot topic haha. You got some 'splainin' to do APK [​IMG]

What up, JT! I believe Shipley & Halmos and Post Overalls had similar fabrics after the Epaulet folks.

This entire post is brought to you by the good folks at "Reading Until the End of the Thread Before Posting."

9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Actually, thanks for putting me onto Hot Topic. I'm totally going to order this Wu Tang shirt later tonight:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/App...irt-924758.jsp

I'll rock the ass out of this at the gym. Show people that I ain't nuttin' ta fuck wit.

Haha, awesome. I can see you rockin' that shirt out around NYC in your EP's and Indy Boots like "Kon'nichiwa bit***s!"

This entire post is brought to you by the good folks at "Reading Until the End of the Thread Before Posting."

Oops, my bad.

10. Epaulet

Haha, awesome. I can see you rockin' that shirt out around NYC in your EP's and Indy Boots like "Kon'nichiwa bit***s!"

Oh hell yeah. I've got a collection of old-school gym tees. Gorilla Biscuits, Sick of it All, Biohazard, Ignite, Bad Brains. I walk up in that place like "WHAT" with these tees.

Unrelated question - we need to restock oxfords. Thinking about doing a run of red shirts and white shirts - both with slim point collars rather than buttondowns. What say you guys?

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Oh hell yeah. I've got a collection of old-school gym tees. Gorilla Biscuits, Sick of it All, Biohazard, Ignite, Bad Brains. I walk up in that place like "WHAT" with these tees.

Unrelated question - we need to restock oxfords. Thinking about doing a run of red shirts and white shirts - both with slim point collars rather than buttondowns. What say you guys?

Ah Biohazard. Do you remember the soundtrack for the "epic" movie Judgement Night? They did a collab with Onyx for the movie that I remember constantly playing back in the day. I remember owning that tape and loving all the rock/rap collabs on there. Need to find that on CD or download on iTunes now that we're on the subject.

Can never go wrong with basic color in your fits, Mike, I'd say go for it.

12. Epaulet

Ah Biohazard. Do you remember the soundtrack for the "epic" movie Judgement Night? They did a collab with Onyx for the movie that I remember constantly playing back in the day. I remember owning that tape and loving all the rock/rap collabs on there. Need to find that on CD or download on iTunes now that we're on the subject.

Can never go wrong with basic color in your fits, Mike, I'd say go for it.

I feel like I can't ever forget the Judgement Night soundtrack. Horrible movie, unbelievable album.

My favorite track was Faith No More and BOO YAA Tribe. Oh my god.

13. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I feel like I can't ever forget the Judgement Night soundtrack. Horrible movie, unbelievable album. My favorite track was Faith No More and BOO YAA Tribe. Oh my god.
    Exactly right. I wore my tape out, couldn't get enough. I don't recall much from the movie, but the album is dope. I think my favorite was that Pearl Jam/Cypress collab since I was big into both of those around that time. Ah, the memories. Who would have thought a man from NYC bringing this forum fantastic clothing goods would be posting about Biohazard, Boo Yaa Tribe, and Wu Tang tees from Hot Topic [​IMG] Thanks, APK for bringing this up!

14. caz

caz Member

That soundtrack was insane. Perfect blend of 90s alternative/metal and hip hop.

15. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I'll take two white button downs please. One with a button down collar and a regular one [​IMG]