Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. racknac

racknac Senior member

6 ft, 170lbs. size 32.

I now have 4 pairs of rivet chinos... already have a new years resolution of limiting myself to 1 item from Epaulet a month... will be tough since I'm moving back to NYC.

2. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I guess I'm the only one who thought these fit too big in my true waist size? I measure 29, and the 29s I initially got were loose in the seat and thigh. I think the 28s fit me much better, except for the fact that these pants look weird with my shirt tucked in(too low of a rise?). But the fit is like a good pair of denim. I'm about 5'6" and 135lbs. Perhaps I'll throw a photo up later since I plan on wearing them today.

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late check-in, things are gonzo here at our stores with last-minute sales. To get back to everyone:

1. Thanks for all the chino orders! We're shipping them out something fierce! I think that you guys are going to really love the new styles.

2. Our chinos run very true to size at the waist. If you can generally wear slimmer jeans & trousers, then they should work brilliantly for you. The best guide is to actually measure a few dimensions on a garment that you already own. Height and weight can be a good place to start, but everyone has different bone structures, muscle size, fat distribution, etc. I'm 5'10", 195lb with a 33 inch waist. Someone could have my same height and weight but be a size 29 waist if he had a huge upper body and and Jersey Shore-style physique.

3. Sorry about jumping the gun on the Olive Drab Chino clearance. Right after I announced that, Adele told me "WTF, we still have to double-check the stock and it's anarchy every day this week."

So, I think that we'll be able to do it next Wednesday. I'll give you guys a 24 hour heads-up.

4. asdf

asdf Senior member

What is the back rise of a size 36 in the rivet chinos, and does anyone have pics of someone wearing a 34 or 36?

Also, Mike, what is the ht/wt/size of the new model? I presume not the same as the other guy.

5. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Here's some fit pics for you guys. Sorry they're a little dark, I thought my camera handled dynamic range a little better. I'm 5'6", 135lbs, and my waist measures 29". Rivet Chinos. I was smart and washed these cold the first time to get any shrinking out of em. Had them hemmed to 30". I really love how these fit and feel, and wear them almost all the time when I'm not wearing my work uniform. [​IMG] [​IMG] Smiths. Cone Mills, not Kurabo. I was in a rush to start wearing these so I went and had them hemmed to a 31" to account for an inch in shrinking, but after soak and dry, these ended up a 28.5". It seems to look just fine with some proper shoes, and it looks fine with my boots. These were really loose when I got em in the mail, it didn't feel anything at all like the Rivet Chinos. After the soak, they feel awfully similar minus the higher rise on the Smiths. [​IMG] [​IMG] Any thoughts?

6. racknac

racknac Senior member

what are all those boxes?

7. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

8. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

I hope they are comic books

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Mike,

I heard my roommate stopped by. Don't believe anything she said. [​IMG]

10. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

Mike,

I heard my roommate stopped by. Don't believe anything she said. [​IMG]

haha, probably damage has been done.

11. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Senior member

I carefully read this thread after the page where Mike annouced the realease of sportcoats. Where are they now?

12. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Here's some fit pics for you guys. Sorry they're a little dark, I thought my camera handled dynamic range a little better. I'm 5'6", 135lbs, and my waist measures 29".

Rivet Chinos. I was smart and washed these cold the first time to get any shrinking out of em. Had them hemmed to 30" and when I measured it, it looked about 29.5". I really love how these fit and feel, and wear them almost all the time when I'm not wearing my work uniform.

What's the leg opening after you've hemmed them?

13. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

probably comics fit looks good. nineohtoo what size wings + horns hoodie and is it regular or slim fit. i hate when sites don't list if the hoody is the regular or slim fit version.

14. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

what are all those boxes?

Yes. Lots of comic books. Unfortunately I've run out of space in my closet so they go in my little hall. I need to get rid of a lot of stuff before I can store them out of sight again.

What's the leg opening after you've hemmed them?

7 3/8" flat. I suppose these tapered more towards the opening a bit if it was 7" unhemmed. and I remeasured the inseam, it's actually 30".

probably comics fit looks good. nineohtoo what size wings + horns hoodie and is it regular or slim fit. i hate when sites don't list if the hoody is the regular or slim fit version.

It's a small from this season which I'm hearing is an extremely slim fit. I usually need an XS in most other brands to get this kind of a fit.

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

persuaded my cousin to pick up his first pair of raws ... i believe he got the streakys for 75

i know mike will take care of him [​IMG]