• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How old does this guy look? How old do you think he is?

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should those sleeves be slimmed ?

099_ZUKI_PH_9429.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you didn't pay attention to the comments that he looked pervy? that's the kiss of death for an ad campaign. people will hate him (and your product) without knowing why they do

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by orewagundamu
he's got a rapey vibe

and thats why i like him

Big T

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
I work in advertising, and we were having this discussion:
How old does this guy look? What age/demographic/social demographic group does he represent/target/appeal to?
Would you consider him handsome/good looking?
PS I am just referring to the guy--not the background, not the particular clothes, not the particular stage or setting, just the guy.
Any advice would help
smile.gif

099_ZUKI_PH_9429.jpg

096_ZUKI_PH_9404.jpg

096_ZUKI_PH_9409.jpg

099_ZUKI_PH_9427.jpg

I would put him between 52 and 56. How old is he?

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone who responded
smile.gif

Just a few words of background to anyone who cares---I work in advertising, and we were coming up with an ad campaign (billboard and TV) for a relatively well-known capital management firm. The intended market is Quebec, Canada. The campaign with be in French AND English. It will be a simple ad--a fund manager will walk around talking about trust, hard work, reliable and safe investing, small but steady returns, family values, transparency, etc etc etc.
Very similar to the famous ING Direct commercial with the Dutch guy, known in the trade as the "3 piece suit without the tie" guy. I can tell you that it was a calculated move to have the spokensperson dressed in a 3-piece without the tie. Tie = aggressive banker at the office, lying, scheming, hiding. Without tie = guy in your family, guy next door, guy you know socially, etc--he has come home and taken his tie off, and is giving you direct, honest, straight advice. He is at home, he has "disrobed" somewhat, it's off with the gloves and out with the truth...

The person in the photo is a director/producer, based in Montreal, who has filled in as a model for some of his productions, as some of you may have figured out. He turns 52 next year. He will play someone who is ageless, and will appeal to everyone from 30 to 65. He will be our "model".

We intended this individual to seem successful and well-off, yet friendly. He is not stylish, trendy, hipstery, yuppity, snooty, etc etc. But he is naturally good-looking, well put-together, seems intelligent, sociable, and worldly. He is what he seems. Bald, slightly overweight, yet an "youngish" face. NO rogaine, no botox, no muscled body on a 50-year old face. Someone real, as it were. Part of his blurb during the TV commercial will reveal he is married with a wife and that he has many responsibilities to take care of-- a house they are building together in the countryside, a ski trip to Banff next March for the whole family, and 3 "expensive" kids. A son at college, a daughter who is taking dance lessons and a successful competitive dancer who has won award and award which they are very proud of, and a third daughter. Wife stays at home and takes care of kids.

I think many posters were very very accurate.

fight[1].gif
FOR THE COMMERCIAL, THE GENTLEMAN WILL BE DRESSED AS HE IS, BUT WITHOUT THE VEST.
fight[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
facepalm.gif

HE WILL, HOWEVER, BE CARRYING A JACKET WITH ONE HAND, HOLDING IT WITH HIS FINGER, OVER ONE SHOULDER...if you understand what I am trying to say. Someone who has just come home and is "disrobing"....at home, honest, straight-forward, nothing to hide...

This is just one reason why marketing/advertising is soulless and evil. But I don't want to rant too much because OP would probably examine the market share for angry rants and put a face to my post.

Sigh... marketing is ******* marsupialed.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
Is it weird that I want to see tagut in that vest?
uhoh.gif

No bullshit- if tagut ever got some swagger, I could see him pulling off the stupid rich son of Russian mob boss look. Edit: the guy isn't bad looking, but his expressions and his eyes are going to murder his likeability. Going on looks alone, I wouldn't let my little sister sleep over at his daughter's house. Hell, I wouldn't let her over there for a pool party without my supervision.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Well, this has taken a turn for the utterly bizarre---this individual seems to have taken the photo as his profile image! http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=33262 I knew we were right with our choice of model--you want to be like him, you want to be him, and you can!...if you go with the Capital management firm that is our client
smile.gif
Best wishes to everyone.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this has taken a turn for the utterly bizarre---this individual seems to have taken the photo as his profile image! http://www.styleforum.net/member.php?u=33262 I knew we were right with our choice of model--you want to be like him, you want to be him, and you can!...if you go with the Capital management firm that is our client
smile.gif
Best wishes to everyone.

You are wrong wrong wrong but bonne chance!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nani94