• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How old does this guy look? How old do you think he is?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You asked about trusting him with investments....

I wouldn't be sold on his investing abilities based upon looks alone (without the vest)

With the vest, I would take my money and run.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
40ish, wearing animal fur -_______-
i agree with tomgirl here, pervy creeping uncle is pervy and probollay acts just as stated sober or drunk....

but not a bad looking guy, just above average.....

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
50s, above average looks, the vest makes him NOT trustworthy for investment advice. Without the vest, he could be a financial advisor living in Baltimore.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Ya'll guessing too young. He has probably been photoshopped.
^ This. Mid-50s, face shopped and/or made up. Looks like a guy who owns a shop that services German and luxury cars in a once-rural area outside of Muncie, Indiana. Older family members are still active in some provincial and corrupt eastern European government. In one picture he looks like someone who has long been in love with his "baby blues." Average looking. The vest is also a problem. Not a good photo shoot. No, I would not trust him for investment advice. I find it hard to believe the pictures were taken with this in mind, actually. But, he can fix my car.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the OP doesn't tell us his age I'm going to be legitimately annoyed.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
....looks stupid in the frilly vest... What next, a fuzzy tophat?
mysterypua.jpg

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
If the OP doesn't tell us his age I'm going to be legitimately annoyed.
Thank you everyone who responded
smile.gif
Just a few words of background to anyone who cares---I work in advertising, and we were coming up with an ad campaign (billboard and TV) for a relatively well-known capital management firm. The intended market is Quebec, Canada. The campaign with be in French AND English. It will be a simple ad--a fund manager will walk around talking about trust, hard work, reliable and safe investing, small but steady returns, family values, transparency, etc etc etc. Very similar to the famous ING Direct commercial with the Dutch guy, known in the trade as the "3 piece suit without the tie" guy. I can tell you that it was a calculated move to have the spokensperson dressed in a 3-piece without the tie. Tie = aggressive banker at the office, lying, scheming, hiding. Without tie = guy in your family, guy next door, guy you know socially, etc--he has come home and taken his tie off, and is giving you direct, honest, straight advice. He is at home, he has "disrobed" somewhat, it's off with the gloves and out with the truth... The person in the photo is a director/producer, based in Montreal, who has filled in as a model for some of his productions, as some of you may have figured out. He turns 52 next year. He will play someone who is ageless, and will appeal to everyone from 30 to 65. He will be our "model". We intended this individual to seem successful and well-off, yet friendly. He is not stylish, trendy, hipstery, yuppity, snooty, etc etc. But he is naturally good-looking, well put-together, seems intelligent, sociable, and worldly. He is what he seems. Bald, slightly overweight, yet an "youngish" face. NO rogaine, no botox, no muscled body on a 50-year old face. Someone real, as it were. Part of his blurb during the TV commercial will reveal he is married with a wife and that he has many responsibilities to take care of-- a house they are building together in the countryside, a ski trip to Banff next March for the whole family, and 3 "expensive" kids. A son at college, a daughter who is taking dance lessons and a successful competitive dancer who has won award and award which they are very proud of, and a third daughter. Wife stays at home and takes care of kids. I think many posters were very very accurate.
fight[1].gif
FOR THE COMMERCIAL, THE GENTLEMAN WILL BE DRESSED AS HE IS, BUT WITHOUT THE VEST.
fight[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
facepalm.gif
HE WILL, HOWEVER, BE CARRYING A JACKET WITH ONE HAND, HOLDING IT WITH HIS FINGER, OVER ONE SHOULDER...if you understand what I am trying to say. Someone who has just come home and is "disrobing"....at home, honest, straight-forward, nothing to hide...

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A.L.Z.
Thank you everyone who responded
smile.gif
Just a few words of background to anyone who cares---I work in advertising, and we were coming up with an ad campaign (billboard and TV) for a relatively well-known capital management firm. The intended market is Quebec, Canada. The campaign with be in French AND English. It will be a simple ad--a fund manager will walk around talking about trust, hard work, reliable and safe investing, small but steady returns, family values, transparency, etc etc etc. Very similar to the famous ING Direct commercial with the Dutch guy, known in the trade as the "3 piece suit without the tie" guy. I can tell you that it was a calculated move to have the spokensperson dressed in a 3-piece without the tie. Tie = aggressive banker at the office, lying, scheming, hiding. Without tie = guy in your family, guy next door, guy you know socially, etc--he has come home and taken his tie off, and is giving you direct, honest, straight advice. He is at home, he has "disrobed" somewhat, it's off with the gloves and out with the truth... The person in the photo is a director/producer, based in Montreal, who has filled in as a model for some of his productions, as some of you may have figured out. He turns 52 next year. He will play someone who is ageless, and will appeal to everyone from 30 to 65. He will be our "model". We intended this individual to seem successful and well-off, yet friendly. He is not stylish, trendy, hipstery, yuppity, snooty, etc etc. But he is naturally good-looking, well put-together, seems intelligent, sociable, and worldly. He is what he seems. Bald, slightly overweight, yet an "youngish" face. NO rogaine, no botox, no muscled body on a 50-year old face. Someone real, as it were. Part of his blurb during the TV commercial will reveal he is married with a wife and that he has many responsibilities to take care of-- a house they are building together in the countryside, a ski trip to Banff next March for the whole family, and 3 "expensive" kids. A son at college, a daughter who is taking dance lessons and a successful competitive dancer who has won award and award which they are very proud of, and a third daughter. Wife stays at home and takes care of kids. I think many posters were very very accurate.
fight[1].gif
FOR THE COMMERCIAL, THE GENTLEMAN WILL BE DRESSED AS HE IS, BUT WITHOUT THE VEST.
fight[1].gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
facepalm.gif
HE WILL, HOWEVER, BE CARRYING A JACKET WITH ONE HAND, HOLDING IT WITH HIS FINGER, OVER ONE SHOULDER...if you understand what I am trying to say. Someone who has just come home and is "disrobing"....at home, honest, straight-forward, nothing to hide...

Thanks for the update. Glad to see my guess of 53yrs old wasn't far off. Now...can you please fill us in on the vest and who's idea that was? C'mon I think we all want to know!
biggrin.gif

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do I win a prize for best guess?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
you can't possibly be a succesful marketing person. Is this your first campaign?

Got to be a school project. lol @ communications majors.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
CouttsClient;3886183 Now...can you please fill us in on the vest and who's idea that was? C'mon I think we all want to know! [IMG said:

The guy also directs shoots and commercials for Zuki, a Montreal fashion designer. My guess is, I think Zuki, like most luxury brands, had fallen on tough times last year, and the director doubled as the model. similar to our case. The vest is by Zuki (I think)...it may be the guy's own though...I don't know. All I know is he has directed for Zuki.
What the hell is wrong with the vest though?!?!?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads