• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Claymore
Some great looks today gentlemen. I hope I am able to make time post pictures my outfit. What time do they generally close the contest?

You have until 12 midnight EST, I do believe.

Originally Posted by Holdfast
Yeah, what is it about the tweed theme that brought such fire?

Must be slap-bang in the middle of the MC demographic I guess; impressively good day of looks.
teacha.gif

We are tweed nuts, obviously. I wait all year to wear tweed. Today was such a perfect day for it too. I have changed, but I am tempted to put it back on, build a fire and get drunk on Scotch while wearing it.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Racing Green
Great stuff one and all. Stuff like this is why I first got hooked on SF. Particular shout outs to Art Of Time, NOBD and M Brienin but kudos to everyone.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by niidawg3
+1 ... i just went over the pages again. amazing entry from you all. Mike i must have missed your shoes the first time i went through - super awesome specs!!

Thanks, Nii. You like teh Nutter??

Originally Posted by edmorel
well, while everyone looked good, MBreinin's tie obviously takes him to the next level, let's just keep it one hundred.

The power of Panta.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
That suit is so nice, I think I just nutter'd.

How could I have missed this.
lol8[1].gif

Thanks, Bro.

Where is yours?

Mike

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what is it about the tweed theme that brought such fire?

IMHO - i think the high level of success is partly because brown/oatmeal/wheat tweed (especially in a 3pc) is one of the best sartorial inventions evah!

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Thanks, Nii. You like teh Nutter??

i almost nutted ... lol.

Originally Posted by F. Corbera
Digital photography and a myriad uncorrected monitors on the Internet make for quixotic criticism in this department if pursued zealously.

Mama there go that man!!!

Originally Posted by edmorel
well, while everyone looked good, MBreinin's tie obviously takes him to the next level, let's just keep it one hundred.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A million different variables prevented me from wearing my tweed to work; but I'll see if I can find one for an evening fit...

How could I have missed this.
lol8[1].gif

Thanks, Bro.

Where is yours?

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I distrust that WAYWRN is WYSIWYG when it comes to color/intensity accuracy and balance. So, I think it unwise to be specific about that. Digital photography and a myriad uncorrected monitors on the Internet make for quixotic criticism in this department if pursued zealously.

On the collar shape, my take is a bit different the perspective that you and most today have.

A turndown collar is a turndown collar...there really aren't meaningful differences in "formality" save, perhaps, that a BD collar is bit more informal because of the sporting connotations (less so for Americans where it has been worn since forever with jacket and tie.)

For example, if your premise is that the more cut away the collar, the more formal, you might reassess this belief when you consider a turndown collar in its application closest to formality, which is for black tie. For black tie, you want a bit less, not more, spread, lest your bow and your collar fight a duel to the death for ownership of the same real estate on your shirt.

For me, then, it's not some nuance of formality. The shape of your jacket suggests something Continental, so a plain point tennis collar seemed less apt than a spread or maybe something more sporty like a BD. Nothing more complicated than that.

tl;dr

kidding man - Thanks for the insight. I never thought of that logic in terms of collar shape. Its **** like this that makes me appreciate this thread. A well explained, alternate perspective to a long standing presumption. Thanks so much for the new information, and now I definitely have something to consider the next time I take it out.

Red letter day all around on WAYWRN. Whats next?

artoftime

Reaction score
We are missing fits from a few key players here....Eden, UC, Nil.
Must say - fantastic turnout thus far. Parker, Spoo, TTO, Brenin. Whoa.

Neofinitia;3837819 said:
Picture256.jpg

Great stuff, Neo

Originally Posted by luftvier
Today
5210294066_cdc71d1dec_z.jpg

Succinct, sharp, classic Luft here

Digital photography and a myriad uncorrected monitors on the Internet make for quixotic criticism in this department if pursued zealously.
sig worthy

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
A million different variables prevented me from wearing my tweed to work; but I'll see if I can find one for an evening fit...
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Now that is just cool...did you take up shooting just to have an activity to match the outfit?
Why of course - didn't you see my "ass kicking" fit last week?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IST66
ul.jpg
ul1.jpg
You're the man, IST - great looking ensemble​

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't even see my wife this morning. Perhaps there were tweed vibes radiating throughout the universe.

DSC04139.jpg

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it is an awful rainy day here in New Orleans. Cold too. Perfect day for tweed!!!

Here we go.

Suit by Tommy Nutter, Polo Shirt, Panta Bow, Grenson for Paul Stuart.

Over the top!

Originally Posted by bleachboy
WOW, some truly amazing fits today. You can tell that MC loves their tweed.

Thanksgiving AfTeRmAtH!!!!

Nice one, BB. IMO, this kind of smart, "professor-like" look suits you best. If I remember, you want to get into teaching - dressing the part works great for you!

Originally Posted by Parker
Cold enough here for the full tweed rig.

Wow ... totally awesome.

TTO - somehow you were not in my Multi-Quote, but nice one again. The jacket doesn't appear as shapely as your other stuff, especially for a DB, but perhaps it's the heavy weight fabric.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I didn't even see my wife this morning. Perhaps there were tweed vibes radiating throughout the universe.

alignment_sm.jpg

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No tweed today.
smile.gif
11-26-collage-v2.png
Once again, please forgive the poor lighting and quality. Pants are a little wrinkled from a long drive from Boston to Connecticut. This is a 6x1 DB that I've been thinking of converting into a 6x2 after taking it in a little. I've lost a little weight, and it looks a tad boxy on my silhouette. Thoughts?

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It also looks a bit short on you, and a bit dated. Rather than take the $ to reinvent it, I would consider allocating that to a new SC.

...and 1/2 hour left to get your tweed entries in!!

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Cold and frosty morning so perfect for tweed:

SC: RL Polo
Waistcoat: Brook Taverner
Moleskins: Viyella
Shirt: Baulmer
Tie: Hardy Amies
PS: Kent Wang
Shoes: Barker 'Nairn'

Outstanding. That PS and tie are really complementing each other!

Today: My entry is small time compared to you guys. Jeezus.
ffffuuuu.gif

I love the bowtie/jacket/shirt combo. Only thing that could have made it better is a KISS PS.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Some scratchy, nasty, heavy, ugly, brand new, non thrifted, post thanksgiving bloat hiding tweed:

I've a very similar looking jacket. Thanks for the ideas!

Well, it is an awful rainy day here in New Orleans. Cold too. Perfect day for tweed!!!

Here we go.

Suit by Tommy Nutter, Polo Shirt, Panta Bow, Grenson for Paul Stuart.

Mike

Wow. Bad. Ass. You'd make a perfect Superman villain, sir.
wink.gif

I don't really have proper, authentic, hairy, bulletproof type tweed, but I do have some of the luxified (?pussified?) version. Not sure that will meet the challenge criteria, but here goes.

Context: a truly freezing cold frosty morning (it fell to under -7 celsius overnight at a weather monitoring station about 20 minutes away from me). Had some work to do at 11am, which felt shockingly early in light of the cold of the morning, but there you go.

RLPL suit and coat, Sartorial Executive bespoke shirt, Ede & Ravenscroft tie and gloves, RM Williams boots, M&S felt hat, Lester Bowden scarf.

I just love that tie. Adds just the right amount of color to the rest of the dreary tweed outfit.
wink.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It also looks a bit short on you, and a bit dated. Rather than take the $ to reinvent it, I would consider allocating that to a new SC. ...and 1/2 hour left to get your tweed entries in!!
Yeah, I thought it looked a tad short but wasn't quite sure. It is not particularly old (~8 years), but I guess it's probably based off an older style. Which is why, I figured there's nothing to lose by experimentation. But oh well, you're probably right. Off to goodwill then.
smile.gif

spoozy

Reaction score
For me I'd just lose the gloves. The cardigan's bold but not over-the-top.

Cheers, MoK. That´s what i felt...

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
I don't think Spoo was saying that you shouldn't be wearing a cardigan and gloves; I think he was saying that you shouldn't be wearing that cardigan and those gloves with that particular outfit. Perhaps, though, I'm just putting my advice in Spoo's mouth.

That´s how i would have interpreted his comment...

c0cfbe19.jpg

And now you go imagine that with bright orange cord trou...

Cold and frosty morning so perfect for tweed:

20101126_main.jpg

Superb!
worship.gif

Originally Posted by TTO
TWEED
5208596051_e25947888e_z.jpg
DSC02652 by The-0, on Flickr[/IMG]
5208597797_7e57802140_m.jpg
DSC02656 by The-0, on Flickr[/IMG]
5208601337_70c1228648_m.jpg
DSC02660 by The-0, on Flickr[/IMG]
more details on the flickr.
-TTO

Hmmmm...something´s detracting me here...dunno what...maybe the angle of the pic?

Originally Posted by someotherstyle
sorry, no tweed so I'm out.

One day after getting flamed on SW&D...

Sorry to use such offensive words, but that jacket makes me want to jerk off on that textile. God, that thing is pure love.

Originally Posted by HappyCamper
Just a double four in hand!

Okay...you accomplished that double-dimple very nicely!

Nutter4.JPG

Big Baller Suit. I might have preferred a diferent coloured bow-tie, though. Maybe dark-green or deep blue....

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Home for another week trying to kick the swine flu...so here's some tweed from last winter...

IMG_6341.jpg

Probably the best upper body half i ever saw on you, Rob. That thing sceams "Rugby"
smile.gif

Today: My entry is small time compared to you guys. Jeezus.
ffffuuuu.gif

5209691159_2fb2032caa_z.jpg

Same dessign on the bow and the ps??? Lufty???? Rest: pure love!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads