1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LabelKing, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFNYC

SFNYC New Member

Drakes/Chan/Drakes
    [​IMG]

Back of a Chan vs Ringjacket's Sales Mgr!
    [​IMG]

really liked the color of the blue suit

2. J. Cogburn

J. Cogburn Senior member

Dude, this is WIN. You look great (nothing like I pictured though - in a good way!) and the quality of the pic is wonderful too. Get that photographer in there more often!

Thanks for the kind words Spoo!

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Inaugural WAYWRN post! My first bespoke suit, second wearing.

[​IMG][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us/IMG]

Beautifully tailored and a wonderful first WAYWRN entry. Congratulations J. Cogburn and may you wear it in good health.

4. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Senior member

[​IMG]
    I'm starting to really like the new Moo. Now, all you need to make that look superb is a properly fitting pair of trousers.

5. Navi

Navi Senior member

J. Cogburn, sweet db mate!!! Looks lovely, congrats! Hope I did a bit better on this fit! I'm trying to improve. [​IMG] Picked up the slacks at the thrift store earlier today for $6. Well worth it! [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] Neverminding the fact this blazer has no button on the front, which I am in the middle of fixing, what do you guys think of this fit? I quite like it meself. Any feedback is VERY welcome, really ANYTHING.. Cheerio!

6. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

J. Cogburn, sweet db mate!!! Looks lovely, congrats!

Hope I did a bit better on this fit! I'm trying to improve. [​IMG]
    Picked up the slacks at the thrift store earlier today for $6. Well worth it!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Neverminding the fact this blazer has no button on the front, which I am in the middle of fixing, what do you guys think of this fit? I quite like it meself. Any feedback is VERY welcome, really ANYTHING.. Cheerio!

Looks sharp. Much less boring than the by-the-SF-manual look coulda turned out. All the pieces are there though.

7. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG]
    Like me, I think you'd benefit tremendously from a taller collar.

[​IMG]
    This looks like a sharp, simple, classy fit to me. The PS might not be the best choice, but I'm having trouble making out the color even in the closeup.

8. Navi

Navi Senior member

StanleyVanBuren,
    That suit looks nice, but the pinstripes are making you look taller than you really are, it seems. I would wear a higher and longer collar, as Threadbearer said. The jacket seems short too, at least to my eyes.... Anyone else see that? It looks like a blazer [​IMG]

Looks sharp. Much less boring than the by-the-SF-manual look coulda turned out. All the pieces are there though.

Cheers! Thanks, I wish I had a better camera... I love the plaid pattern on my slacks, but you can't really tell in the pictures. In person it looks great, much better than on camera.

This looks like a sharp, simple, classy fit to me. The PS might not be the best choice, but I'm having trouble making out the color even in the closeup.

Thanks mate! The PS is a light blue with white polka dots, and brown edges. It was either that or a light lilac one with flower designs in white on it. Probably shoulda went with that one, ah well. Always a next time.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Nice socks!

And I'm so happy you don't wheel or backpack your hockey equipment.

LOL, only the kids and the goalies use that. Funny story, I show up to a roller game the other night, and one of the nets was stolen! I couldn't fucking believe it. Only in Brooklyn. We played with a proper goal in one end, and a backyard goal in the other. The league had to spend about $1k to order new nets, expecting them this week. I love the crispness of new nets, nice white netting and bright red posts....yummm.

Holy pants Rob!!

Robin, is that you?! LOL.

10. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

[​IMG]

Great jacket. Looks like you post on the Fedora Lounge as well, huh?

11. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Forgive the repetitive nature of today's attire vis-a-vis yesterday's, but it's to be a monsoon outside today in NYC, and this suit is one step away from needing a visit to the dry cleaner's, hence today's ensemble, along with the "beater" pair of shoes.

Oh, Great Spoo-meister, there are moments when I miss the Van Dyke as well - I've had to re-learn smiling for the camera without the facial fuzz - I either smile too little or too much. However, it may re-appear at some point, though not soon - I've had fifteen years of facial fuzz, I can stand some time as a clean-shaven person.

FWIW, today's ensemble . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Requiem

Requiem Senior member

13. J. Cogburn

J. Cogburn Senior member

FWIW, today's ensemble . . . [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The red tie jumps out too much for my taste. A burgundy or wine red would harmonize better I think. I would also change the pocket square - too close to a match with the tie. White linen would be my first choice. A grey paisley my second. Like the suit though!

14. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

The red tie jumps out too much for my taste. too close to a match with the tie.

+1. its one of the biggest improvements UCrust could have to his fits. the matchy-matchyness of tie/ps is consistently OTT.

Neverminding the fact this blazer has no button on the front, which I am in the middle of fixing, what do you guys think of this fit? I quite like it meself. Any feedback is VERY welcome, really ANYTHING.. Cheerio!

so why didnt you fix it before you posted? its hard to judge a fit without a button so i dont understand how you expected to get feedback holding a jacket at the buttoning point. I pray you laundered those pants before you wore and posted them. and finally, those shoes are not a good look. not saying spend a ton of money, but at least make sure everything is well put together before you post.

curb your desire to post, learn, fix the things you KNOW you need to fix and then post to gain the necessary feedback. no need to post something that you KNOW is not ready.

[​IMG]

this is nice and well put together.

15. TTO

TTO Senior member

Uhhhhh against whooooooooo?

you Spoo ...
    que evil Monty Burns laugh and petting the cat in my lap whilst my other hand hovers over a button marked 'shark tank'!

16. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Feeling Green...

[​IMG]

17. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Out of the frying pan... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

Dreary day in the A ... why not add some color?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

more on the dark side ...​

Nice use of colour. Tie is particularly nice.

[​IMG][/SPOILER]
    Interesting combining, I'm not 100% sold, but the tie works pretty well with the tweed.

My first post on this thread even though I have been observing for a while. I have been inspired by many of you and your great style and attention to detail. You all have made me look closer at the fit of my dress clothes, but I have a dilemma as we lack quality tailors here in New Mexico (USA). I am traveling to NY soon and plan to take a few items to get professional advice and alteration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Blazer: HSM Gold Trumpeter - Loro Piana 100% Cashmere
    Slacks: HSM Wool
    Shirt: Nordstrom label circa 1988
    Tie: RL w Prince Albert knot
    PS: Daniel Cremieux
    Belt: Florsheim Calf/Cayman Croc[/SPOILER]

I think this will work okay, but I'd need to see a shot of the whole.

Day:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Evening:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/SPOILER]

I like all the elements, but not together.
    Today´s stuff...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/SPOILER]

Not bad. I think if you lost the vest or swapped it for a less bold colour this would work well.

[​IMG][/SPOILER]
    Jacket is definitely slightly too short, more the length you'd go with for wearing with jeans. Having said that it's still wearable. I think it would look better if you could get the sleeves slimmed a little.
    Swap the shirt for a higher collar, preferably something not so spread.
    The suit is too conservative for such a slim tie.

J. Cogburn, sweet db mate!!! Looks lovely, congrats!

Hope I did a bit better on this fit! I'm trying to improve. [​IMG]
    Picked up the slacks at the thrift store earlier today for $6. Well worth it!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The combining isn't bad, but as Nii said the shoes are pretty grim, and fix buttons etc. before posting.

FWIW, today's ensemble . . .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tie is a bit bold, but that might be the camera - reds can be tricky for digital sensors.
    Either way the PS & Tie are too similar.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of the best combinations in the last 24hrs.

Feeling Green...

[​IMG]
    The PS wouldn't be my first choice with the rest, but I like the way the rest combines.

Out of the frying pan...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's a good one today.

19. MBreinin

MBreinin Senior member

You can never go back to your glory days, Mike. [​IMG]

However there is little yellow tie love here on SF, but I like the way this works all the way.

[​IMG]

I had this friend, was a big baseball player....back in High School.....

[​IMG]

Thanks you for burning my retinas, Crusty. I needed that.

Feeling Green...

[​IMG]

I like.

Out of the frying pan...
    [​IMG]

I like, and I see we were tuned in to the same wavelength today.....

Mike

20. PandArts

PandArts Senior member

Just waiting for a little Blue Sunshine...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.