• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woolrich WM FW10

mpcec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stroke5
anyone know of any US stockists of the blue/black plaid maine guide jacket? I know the bureau has it but would prefer a US retailer.

If you're a size Medium then I believe Ryan is selling one in the market place here. Might one to give Odin a call, they've got some stock in but haven't updated their site. Can't think of any other place that I've seen buy it though.

ubc121

Reaction score
Has anyone had their stream jacket altered? I was wondering if it is possible to shorten the sleeves and maybe take it in a bit without it being a huge operation. Sorry if this sounds stupid but I wasn't sure if this could be altered like a sport coat.

mpcec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ubc121
Has anyone had their stream jacket altered? I was wondering if it is possible to shorten the sleeves and maybe take it in a bit without it being a huge operation. Sorry if this sounds stupid but I wasn't sure if this could be altered like a sport coat.

I haven't had mine altered. Just take yours to your trusted tailor, or one who comes highly recommended. They'll let you know if it's possible or not. A good tailor won't just do whatever you tell him.

mpcec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JRyder
Good, but not as good as Engineered Garments.

Interested in what makes you think this. I would give a slight edge to WWM because of my experiences with the outerwear but to me the brands seem to be virtually identical quality wise.

JRyder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
Interested in what makes you think this. I would give a slight edge to WWM because of my experiences with the outerwear but to me the brands seem to be virtually identical quality wise.
Its a small point I'll admit, but while I've never had a problem with EG, the buttons on every single piece from WWM (6 pieces) arrive loose, and/or actually fall off; not every button per se, but a least one button on every garment. The fabric is comparable, but the production is not as...tight. Remember these two lines are not produced by the same company, only designed (until F/W '11) by the same man.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
jryder, i think you have some good points, and i too have had some wwm pieces arrive with loose buttons, but i have also had the same thing with eg stuff (especially with the summer 10' workshirts).

does anyone know what state the wwm stuff is produced (the factory)?

racknac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
jryder, i think you have some good points, and i too have had some wwm pieces arrive with loose buttons, but i have also had the same thing with eg stuff (especially with the summer 10' workshirts).

does anyone know what state the wwm stuff is produced (the factory)?

I just ordered a parka from WWM. Hope it will keep me dry and warm here in Chicago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads