1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Woolrich WM FW10

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jan 18, 2010.

1. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I just ordered a parka from WWM. Hope it will keep me dry and warm here in Chicago.

mountain parka? from where?

Pretty sure EG is sourced from a number of different manufacturers. I would bet that WWM is no different.

thanks.

2. racknac

racknac Senior member

yeah, bought a mountain parka from Odin NYC.

3. whatever123

^

yeah, im thinking about that or the ndg field jacket. i need to decide which, its starting to get fucking cold here.

4. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

^ where are you located?
    imho the mountain parka would be better if its more cold and not to wet(rainy), but if its wet and not too cold then field jacket and maybe layer under if necessary.

5. whatever123

^ where are you located?
    imho the mountain parka would be better if its more cold and not to wet(rainy), but if its wet and not too cold then field jacket and maybe layer under if necessary.

in utah. it doesnt rain here at all usually. it is just cold...usually in like the 20s or so. i tend to layer anyway. so you think the mountain parka?

6. hansj

hansj Well-Known Member

Interested in what makes you think this. I would give a slight edge to WWM because of my experiences with the outerwear but to me the brands seem to be virtually identical quality wise.
    I own quiet a few pieces of both companies and had never a problem with bottoms or quality in general. Just for the record.

7. canstyleace

in utah. it doesnt rain here at all usually. it is just cold...usually in like the 20s or so. i tend to layer anyway. so you think the mountain parka?

I think that one would suit you better in that weather, the field is not as warm as the mountain in my experience.

8. whatever123

9. hiyo

hiyo Senior member

10. racknac

racknac Senior member

Anyone interested in the Maine Guide Jacket Melton Wool (Size S or L) for $375? This weekend only! (PM me)

what about a medium.

11. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Not FW2010, but Yoox has the iconic FW08 Corduroy Maine Guide for sale. Not cheap, but I couldn't resist.

Can't believe that I've had this in my sig forever, and what finally fulfilled it was YOOX.

12. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

There is also a Maine Guide jacket in grey tweed. I'm going to pick up the grey wool flannel shirt - it looks similar to the woodsman shirt.

13. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

visagift@yoox saved me 5%

14. canstyleace

^fuck that cord jacket is tempting.

15. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

There is also a Maine Guide jacket in grey tweed. I'm going to pick up the grey wool flannel shirt - it looks similar to the woodsman shirt.

That guncheck tweed fabric was the best wool fabric from FW09. Yoox has had that jacket for a while and I've been eyeballing it--the cord is better IMO though.

16. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

someone find me a navy wool maine guide jacket please in size small, i *need* this jacket

17. robin

robin Senior member

The FW08 cord version was probably one of the best pieces to come out of WWM. Adam - if you could only get one then I would definitely recommend the cord over the wool. I've found mine to be much more versatile here in the northwest, except of course for the few really cold days that we seem to be in right now.
    someone find me a navy wool maine guide jacket please in size small, i *need* this jacket
    There is a FW07 version in black on yoox in a small: http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/WOOLRI...Q/sts/sr_men80 The navy ones in recent seasons are pretty much black under most types of light anyways. Edit: also, fuck yoox's wwm pricing.

18. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

The FW08 cord version was probably one of the best pieces to come out of WWM. Adam - if you could only get one then I would definitely recommend the cord over the wool. I've found mine to be much more versatile here in the northwest, except of course for the few really cold days that we seem to be in right now. Edit: also, fuck yoox's wwm pricing.
    Yeah there wasn't really a debate--I saw the cord last night in a full size run and jumped on it. I agree with you it is one of the best examples of arguably the most iconic piece of Daiki's run. Agreed on Yoox's pricing though.

19. meso

meso Senior member

Edit: also, fuck yoox's wwm pricing.

Seriously. I like the style, but for two seasons out...?

20. racknac

racknac Senior member

Not FW2010, but Yoox has the iconic FW08 Corduroy Maine Guide for sale. Not cheap, but I couldn't resist.

Can't believe that I've had this in my sig forever, and what finally fulfilled it was YOOX.

Link to th product? Yoox has generic descriptions.