1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Woolrich WM FW10

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robin, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

In knitwear, I've only seen the Field Wool Cardigan, at Unionmade. You might want to give them a call since they don't have that online, which means they have other items not online too.

I just called Unionmade, and they bought the Cardigan and Lodge vest, but there were some production delays and those haven't been shipped out yet. The SA I talked to said the vest should be around 350 and the cardigan 500 and they should be arriving (hopefully) within a few weeks. Also he said that he will be updating the site when he can, and that it just takes some time.

(So thanks Timpo! If you're ever in NYC or Boston I definitely owe you a beer for all the help/ knowledge you give out.)

2. stroke5

stroke5 Well-Known Member

Doesn't the mountain parka have a cotton shell? This would be a deal breaker for me. At least wool dries quickly and doesn't get or feel soggy in the snow/rain. My approach to Chicago winters has always been to layer, often with a heavy-ish wool mid layer topped with a lighter-weight waterproof shell, like the fisherman's caguole I picked up from Albam a few seasons ago.

I think it's a 65/35 poly/cotton shell. None of the product descriptions state that it's water resistant/repellent so I'm guessing the fabric's not treated in any way?

3. dixonmanor

dixonmanor Senior member

^ The problem with a place like Chicago is that as you go about your day outside, your clothes accumulate snow/ice/precipitation. All that stuff melts the instant you go inside, leading to soggy, waterlogged clothes that will just freeze and feel colder the next time you go outside. Waterproof/heavily water-resitant is the only way to go in the midwest, IMO.

Like I said, I layer and wear a light waxed cotton shell from Albam; my roommate prefers her heavy, wool-lined, knee length parka from Filson, also waxed cotton. That said, we don't drive, and so do lots of walking... A 60/40 might do you OK if you're not out in the elements for extended periods of time.

4. stroke5

anyone know of any US stockists of the blue/black plaid maine guide jacket? I know the bureau has it but would prefer a US retailer.

5. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

anyone know of any US stockists of the blue/black plaid maine guide jacket? I know the bureau has it but would prefer a US retailer.
    never seen the plaid one except on in their lookbook

6. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

If you're a size Medium then I believe Ryan is selling one in the market place here. Might one to give Odin a call, they've got some stock in but haven't updated their site. Can't think of any other place that I've seen buy it though.

7. ubc121

ubc121 Senior member

Has anyone had their stream jacket altered? I was wondering if it is possible to shorten the sleeves and maybe take it in a bit without it being a huge operation. Sorry if this sounds stupid but I wasn't sure if this could be altered like a sport coat.

8. racknac

racknac Senior member

can anyone comment on the fit of the mountain parka? TTS?

9. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Has anyone had their stream jacket altered? I was wondering if it is possible to shorten the sleeves and maybe take it in a bit without it being a huge operation. Sorry if this sounds stupid but I wasn't sure if this could be altered like a sport coat.

I haven't had mine altered. Just take yours to your trusted tailor, or one who comes highly recommended. They'll let you know if it's possible or not. A good tailor won't just do whatever you tell him.

10. stroke5

can anyone comment on the fit of the mountain parka? TTS?

i went true to size (5' 8" 155lbs and went with a medium).

11. whatever123

^

can you post a fit pic? is your fit slim and can you layer okay?

12. racknac

racknac Senior member

Hmm... I'm 5'11 165lbs and was going to order a Medium.

13. pthree

pthree Well-Known Member

A friend is about 5'7" 160 and the small seemed to fit well.

14. racknac

racknac Senior member

anyone comment on the quality of Woolrich WM?

15. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    anyone comment on the quality of Woolrich WM?

Good, but not as good as Engineered Garments.

16. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Good, but not as good as Engineered Garments.

Interested in what makes you think this. I would give a slight edge to WWM because of my experiences with the outerwear but to me the brands seem to be virtually identical quality wise.

17. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    Interested in what makes you think this. I would give a slight edge to WWM because of my experiences with the outerwear but to me the brands seem to be virtually identical quality wise.
    Its a small point I'll admit, but while I've never had a problem with EG, the buttons on every single piece from WWM (6 pieces) arrive loose, and/or actually fall off; not every button per se, but a least one button on every garment. The fabric is comparable, but the production is not as...tight. Remember these two lines are not produced by the same company, only designed (until F/W '11) by the same man.

18. whatever123

jryder, i think you have some good points, and i too have had some wwm pieces arrive with loose buttons, but i have also had the same thing with eg stuff (especially with the summer 10' workshirts).

does anyone know what state the wwm stuff is produced (the factory)?

19. racknac

racknac Senior member

jryder, i think you have some good points, and i too have had some wwm pieces arrive with loose buttons, but i have also had the same thing with eg stuff (especially with the summer 10' workshirts).

I just ordered a parka from WWM. Hope it will keep me dry and warm here in Chicago.

20. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Pretty sure EG is sourced from a number of different manufacturers. I would bet that WWM is no different.