• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Looks nice Adam!

I have given up on Geller bottoms, even the size 44 is just far too roomy in the thighs for me in every piece I've tried on. However this appears to be the case with most US designers, so this is certainly not unique to Geller. Anyone else notice this?

Well Cloak and RO (ok cloak is gone) do/did make slim pants and jeans. I still have two pairs of cloak jeans....

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
5'10" 142 lbs, 35" chest

I've occasionally experienced issues with Japanese pieces being cut too short for me, but this has been rare. Frequently I'm similar height and weight to many of the models I see on the smaller shop's web sites, so this makes it easy to quickly judge the fit before buying.

we have the same chest size and I'm 5'8" and weight less. I hardly wear Japanese designers (only some Junya, Yohji, CdG and Sacai so none of the slim/young brands) and honestly prefer european ones + Cloak and RO from the US. Not every designer has the same approach and some volume certainly does not bother me.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Attachment corduroy trousers in charcoal

I've been looking for some soft pants which are similar to my brown Julius cords (which are my favorite pants) but in a different color, and these were the best I could find.

Too late, and not quite as cool as these, but I really like AA's cords.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geller 44 fits me pretty great. I'm trying to find a pair of the black 5 pocket jeans in 44... so impossible. Shoulda bought it at blackbird while it was in stock.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Also bought a gray, single-breasted, hidden button tape/fly front MMM 14 wool flannel ( very interesting texture ) coat. Actual pics as soon as I'm back home...

Back from my trip to Belgium...

FqD7i.jpg

38FHG.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
we have the same chest size and I'm 5'8" and weight less. I hardly wear Japanese designers (only some Junya, Yohji, CdG and Sacai so none of the slim/young brands) and honestly prefer european ones + Cloak and RO from the US. Not every designer has the same approach and some volume certainly does not bother me.

Yeah, I've noticed your fits routinely incorporate more volume than what's commonly accepted on this forum. Usually you manage to pull it off better than most people here would, but I'm still not sure I want to attempt that look myself (yet) since it is clearly more difficult to do successfully. Every time I've tried to go for more volume nobody seems to like it much, especially my wife.

I have received the most positive comments from others (outside of this forum) when I wear slim fitting clothing from the "young" Japanese labels, but go up 1 size from what I can actually fit into. For example, all the Attachment stuff I've been buying lately is in size 2 even though I can easily fit into the size 1 in most pieces. Yet everything is cut so slim that it never looks baggy or unsettled.

What European brands would you suggest I look into that might offer something similar in terms of fit and style, but maybe be slightly different than what I'm used to?

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
Yeah, I've noticed your fits routinely incorporate more volume than what's commonly accepted on this forum. Usually you manage to pull it off better than most people here would, but I'm still not sure I want to attempt that look myself (yet) since it is clearly more difficult to do successfully. Every time I've tried to go for more volume nobody seems to like it much, especially my wife.

I have received the most positive comments from others (outside of this forum) when I wear slim fitting clothing from the "young" Japanese labels, but go up 1 size from what I can actually fit into. For example, all the Attachment stuff I've been buying lately is in size 2 even though I can easily fit into the size 1 in most pieces. Yet everything is cut so slim that it never looks baggy or unsettled.

What European brands would you suggest I look into that might offer something similar in terms of fit and style, but maybe be slightly different than what I'm used to?

Balenciaga is cut very slim, same with Ervell(already mentioned I think.)

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
Geller 44 fits me pretty great. I'm trying to find a pair of the black 5 pocket jeans in 44... so impossible. Shoulda bought it at blackbird while it was in stock.
I've tried those Geller 44 black jeans and the fit was poor on me so I ended up returning them. My assessment.... - The waist is overly generous relative to the stated size. You would expect it to fit like 29, but instead it is more like a 30+. My pants kept feeling like they were falling off. - There was so much room in the butt that it looked like a loose diaper in the rear. - The entire length of the leg had enough excess fabric in it to cause the leg profile to look very unsettled on me. Nothing I could do would get rid of this look. It seemed like the whole profile of the jean would have to be slimmed down to eliminate this look. Otherwise, they are very nice jeans with nice soft fabric. I ended getting and keeping the KZO black denim instead which is a similar product to the Geller, except the cut is a lot slimmer without being tight. Here's a comparison picture. Geller 44 on the left, KZO 28 right (which which is really sized like a 29). And the black Attachment denim I recently bought fits better than either of these!
geller_v_kzo.jpg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
that's just great. also re: the above, +1 to fits with more volume
I like tee's new coat too. But I'm not sure where I'd be able to wear it myself. Regarding fits with extra volume.... I have noticed is there is a tendency in fashion circles towards either going very slim or very oversized in many styles. Often the middle ground may be shunned since that's what the plebeian non-fashion types (or perhaps the older generation) tend to wear-- somewhat like a reaction to be the opposite or to push the envelope. Take for example those hugely oversized Yohji pants. If they were more normally proportioned, I often wonder if everyone would look at them and say they look like unfashionable sweatpants that some fat guy might wear. The added volume almost seems like its used more to distance the design from the ordinary and set it apart, as opposed to simply providing some great look that flatters one's body shape. Now before someone gets all worked up and says I'm wrong, realize that I'm talking about the effect the pants have on the audience and not condemning the style as looking bad. This is even more discernible with women's jeans. For example, many stores lately will show extremely skinny jeans or baggy boyfriend jeans, but the middle ground is shunned as if unfashionable. Yet look at stores where mostly unfashionable people shop, and all you will see is the middle ground sized jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads