• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do any of you believe in God?

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God is a confusing word. Different people attach different meanings, based on their environment and conditioning. There's definitely a Source of it all, universal Consciousness, the Absolute that created all there is and whom we cannoit possibly understand or explain. The Source constantly manifests itself in everything there is, including our own unfolding drama of life. Actually, Source/Universal Consiousness manifesting itself in everything, is all there is. Call it God, or whatever you want...that changes nothing

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdaws
Pascal's wager, eh? Nevermind that an omniscient God would be wise to your ruse and be none too happy that your devotion was just a risk calculation.

I do not believe - and think it's a waste of time to try to draw a line between Atheist and Agnostic. They aren't functionally different... both would respond to positive evidence with belief, and absent evidence will not believe.

NO...i have my own term for it,i call it the "Cosmic Crapshoot" and as any gambler knows the house always wins,so dont bet against it.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my weaker moments, I often think it all seems a little silly.

When I am stronger, I resent that I have to be polite about people's delusions.

In other words, no.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of God.

Skybro? No.

Some kind of metaphysical oneness? Who knows.

Some kind of unknowable thing beyond the grasp of our minds? Sure. The creation of our world is unintelligible - either it has always been infinite (a concept that the human mind can not fully conceive) or it began at some point (a primary mover than is again not explainable by science).

So you see, it really depends on what you mean by God.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do, but it's more of a powerful being outside of our comprehension type of God than a judgmental skywizard.

On a side note, I've seen that as atheism has become more and more popular, the more ignorant and combative its proponents have become (e.g. that Richdog guy above).

Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
I don't believe because I don't care.

lolwut.

WorkingClassDude

Reaction score
I've always kind of believed it'd be neat if there WAS something up/out there... but I don't understand why it would not reveal itself to us openly or let cruel things happen to people worldwide. That and the fact that nearly all the knowledge we have is due to being able to pinpoint it's cause through science, and that science suggests that magic is silly.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Depends on your definition of God.

Skybro? No.

Some kind of metaphysical oneness? Who knows.

Some kind of unknowable thing beyond the grasp of our minds? Sure. The creation of our world is unintelligible - either it has always been infinite (a concept that the human mind can not fully conceive) or it began at some point (a primary mover than is again not explainable by science).

So you see, it really depends on what you mean by God.

I'm not sure how the first two suggested beliefs differ, but more importantly how can you answer them in the negative but the third in the positive? If you believe that there is likely something unknowable beyond the grasp of our minds, then by definition of being unknownable couldn't that be a metaphysical oneness or a 'skybro'? How do you make the distinction?

Bentley

Reaction score
I believe in God. I can't explain it and if you were to argue with me rationally I may well lose. It doesn't matter; I believe nonetheless.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, b/c iam a god.
we are all gods.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score
original message deleted

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads